• Location: United States

Prison Playbook korean drama review
Prison Playbook
by Allison
Jan 27, 2018
Gosh, I'm not even sure I can put into words how much I loved this drama.

I normally watched romance dramas, just because it's what I've gotten to used to. I'm not exactly sure what compelled me to watch this drama, but I am so glad I did. From the first episode, I knew this was going to be one that would stick with me. I haven't had a drama affect me this much in a very long, maybe ever. Each story this show told touched me in some way or another and I grew to love each of the main characters. I was also amazed by the inclusion of Han Yang, a gay character who wasn't ashamed of that fact! I was upset by the way his story ended, but the love he had for Ji Won was beautiful and I was so happy to see it. It's rare that you come across depictions of LGBT individuals in kdramas that don't see cringey or just offensive. I am so glad the writers were able to display him as more than just his sexuality!!

Each and every episode of this drama was amazing. I don't think there was a single one I didn't like. They all made me feel something, whether it was anger, sadness, or happiness. When a drama can do something like that every episode, its one worth watching over and over again. The last episode had me smiling like crazy and on the verge of tears. I felt like chanting along with Je-Hyeok's fans. Kim Je-Hyeok! Kim Je-Hyeok! Kim Je-Hyeok! The relationships between the characters was so sweet and watching their goodbyes was bittersweet, but I was so happy with the way things ended.

This is a drama I think everyone should give a try. It really is that well done. I'll probably watch it again in the future!!