• Total Edits: 0 LV0
  • Join Date: October 4, 2019

TharnType thai drama review
TharnType
by kitkat
Okay, started this once then dropped it on the first episode itself because of the homophobia. Rewatched for Tharn because he deserves the world.

Type: I appreciated his character in the beginning, but his shtick got annoying quickly. Repeatedly says shit and just excuses it with 'you know I have a dirty mouth' instead of actually trying to control it more. Got the shitty trope of 'I did everything for you' which could have been avoided if he'd just told Tharn and devised a plan with him instead of doing this bullshit.

Tharn: Sweet, needs to communicate more clearly. I feel bad for him because he got done dirty by everyone. It feels like there's an imbalance in their relationship with how giving and forgiving he is. I just want him to be happy :( Also his family deserves the best.

Lhong: His whole plot seemed sudden. I binge-watched it and it felt a little random how they suddenly decided to bring it in on the last few episodes. Should be in jail. His 'redemption' should never have happened. Don't know who's more shit: Lhong because he paid people to rape a highschooler or the guys who accepted money to do it. I think he deserved much worse than he got after everything he did.

Tum/Tar: I don't go for incest stories regardless of the fact that they're step siblings; I find it too strange. Tar deserved much better than he got. His brother seems alright too. They were better in Love By Chance if only because I love Cooheart.

All in all, I gave it a 6.5. Story was nothing ground-breaking--a classic enemies to lovers with some good old fashioned homophobia and a psychopath thrown in. (Though that may just be because I've read fanfics like this before.) Chemistry was amazing. I'll be real, Tharn's eyes, hands, and thumb-ring made me stay for the whole thing.

(Note: Rewatch value at 1 because I don't rewatch shows that often.)