• Gender: Male
  • Join Date: August 26, 2017
My Fellow Citizens!
May 29, 2019
NON SPOILER REVIEW :

My Fellow Citizen is got to be the best drama of 2019 .
A hidden gem .
Why ?
If you read the synopsis , it's about a con man who's forced to run for assemblyman elections .
Hilarious right ?
Pretty Ironic , Con man and assemblyman in a same sentence .
This drama has the best satire and humor out of all the one I've ever seen .
There are situations which are lame but that's just to build up the plot .
The first 2 episodes are nothing special , it might seem cliche' but that just changes significantly to the point at you can't seem to say this was the very drama you started .
I think the situation build up to the synopsis point took 2 episode which is why it felt a bit cliche'
but woahhh after that it sky high .
Everything is just on fire .
It's your loss to miss this golden gem .

The casting and acting is above the clouds . As for the plot , you rarely get to witness such different and interesting plots, moreover if they have the pot the execution is shit on all those .
This goose has laid all the eggs at the right time .

Don't miss this one . ^^

Big Issue
May 3, 2019
NON SPOILER REVIEW :

Big issue is one of the best drama you'll ever come across .
A totally new outlook from the perspective of paparazzi media , with a retro vintage music combined .
In short Big Issue is a complete package of enjoyment .
Everything makes sense .
Greed , power, money , nothing's much overhyped here like all K dramas do .

It's all within the limits of the person's capability .
The difficulties they face , I mean even being that to is not easy .
Each and every relevant fact have been factored out .
In short
This drama is a master piece .

ACTING :
You know many actors and actress play certain roles but in this drama they have this Aura of the character they're playing .
They have one of the best chemistry .
Specially Han Ye seul , What a gorgeous beauty .
She has the talent of acting with her eyes and expressions .
I was just mesmerized by her throughout this .

ROMANCE :
Are you a fan of cold romance ?
Then welcome to the club .
This drama will make you crave for it .
But you'll get really nothing except little niggles in b/w .
This has one of the coldest romance ( If you've seen K2 you know what I'm talking bout ).

PS : The biggest hidden lesson is the social media outlook .
Photos , how dangerous can they be ?
I mean just think of the fact that if you're being monitored everytime . How would that feel ?Even thinking bout that makes you cringe , right ?
Now what if it gets leaked to the world .
That's it I will leave you here to wonder .

It's Okay, That's Love
Jul 6, 2018
Have you ever felt the urge to rate a drama or call it perfect with no If's in all categories ?
Then this is the drama I believe .
This is the best K Drama I have watched .
None of those compare to this one . You rarely come across content this great and miraculous as this .
This is the first time I have witnessed the whole cast give such a performance that I have no complaints about acting .
You will be surprised and baffled by how casually it starts and how dead serious it turns out .
Many of us can connect to this drama .
I learnt something from it and I'm sure you will do too .
All the characters have different traits . They all are important for this drama to stand out . And it rarely happens when you feel that there's no supporting cast at all .

The songs and the BGM are just phenomenal . Each and every song is melodious . I can go on and on humming those songs . They are very special .
The dialogues are witty and great .
The topics tackled , the taboo's tackled . Fears crossed .
The struggles we might have gone through once in a while . The courage mustered .
This drama gives you GOOSEBUMPS . Not once or twice but many atimes throughout .
Wish there were more of these .
This drama goes beyond perfection . Too good to be ignored .
I loved it .
^^
My fav character apart from the leads in this drama is of Sung Dong II ( Dong Min) . He's a masterclass actor . He nailed it in the supporting role .

P.S : Specially that Tomatina , I won't forget it . They made a quarrel therapy session out of it . xD

Time
Sep 20, 2018
'Time ' as the name goes by isn't a drama about time travel or something like that xD .
I don't know why they named it this . It's a total bluf , You know how catchy title's attract you xD
Like if I made a drama named gangster , you would watch it asap, right ?
That's how it works .
Anyways ,maybe it should have been better to name it this :
" Machiavellianism "
If you don't know the meaning it's :
Machiavellianism in psychology refers to a personality trait which sees a person so focused on their own interests they will manipulate, deceive, and exploit others to achieve their goals .

So this world defines this drama . This is what happens . Here they manipulate the truth .

This drama is a prime example of how things starts with a small butterfly affect and what can be it's consequence ?

It's perfect till episode 24 or 26 . But since the male lead leaves the show , it's ending is a bad presentation . It's absurd .

Time is worth it to watch . The reason I loved it was the far more realistic approach of how things happen but with that ending they totally took a U turn and Middle fingered us with such an absurd superficial ending .
Also the best thing about this drama is the acting . It's one of the best with such a whole new cast fot the first time in recent years .
Otherwise whatever drama I see , there's always a a same cast person , it's like this industry has become a monopoly of some support characters who always play such role .

Final Call
8/10 ( coz I loved Kim jyung Hyun's acting . He's the sole star of this drama with such a perfect acting an also the plot )

The Bride of Habaek
Jun 15, 2018
MUST READ REVIEW IF YOU'RE HESITANT TO START THIS DRAMA :

This drama is based on a spin off ( original side plot ) from the manhwa(Korean comic) with the same name .
The original manhwa has a total different plot .
If you're here to watch a fantasy drama with God's fighting , or expecting fantasy things like power and more . Sorry to disappoint you there's no such plot as that .
Morelike the central plot of this drama is empty . It's the romance which has the main focus on . I don't believe you always need some quirky
twists to build up romance . The more the natural , the better it is

This drama is the maturest romance drama . This drama is what you call
" CANDID " . It has a new way of direction and plot writing which many people are unable to digest as they are used to watch bullshit . Those who demand unnecessary twists , a begginning and a ending .
It's slow initially but picks up the pace after episode 4 .
This drama is based on the interaction of a god and a human .
Their romance , fights , moods , jealousy , and somewhat comedy .
It was about the romance and love of a god and a human in the most human way ever . I mean how often do you come across a romance plot was has the power to continue itself with just focus solely on 2 leads .
It's tempting in that way . Slow , but worth it .

When people hear supernatural they always expect more ,
If you have watched My love from another star , that's it .
This drama has the same romance but without any powers or much of a fantasy .
As simple as that .
I always decide to watch a drama based on it's poster .
And it always pays off , this drama has a tempting poster . And mind you posters never lie .
Coming back ,
What surprised me was the interactions , the cinematography , the dialogues , the satire .
Both the leads do have a chemistry . I am a romance maniac and I don't watch things which don't connect .
This one did , and so I did .
I hesitated so much to watch this drama after reading such mean comments . But finally I did after 8 months . All the comments here are BULLSHIT which are criticizing this drama .
This isn't perfect , Yeah I accept that . But this isn't that bad .

They could have had made this drama a 100 or a 1000% times better ,
It's just like that irritating feeling that when you have such a great plot why not try to make it better . But I'm not disappointed with what I watched . Rather i enjoyed it to the fullest coz it was interesting .
THIS IS WORTH A WATCH . ONE OF THE BEST ROMANTIC DRAMA'S I HAVE EVER WATCHED MOREOVER THIS HAS THE BEST ROMANTIC SCENES . The scenes aren't copied . They are surreal , something that you could connect with .

Plot 8/10
Cinematography 10/10
Dialogues 10/10
Soundtrack 10/10
Acting 9/10

Overall 9/10

P.S : Somehow after reading the comments I felt people nowdays don't like mature romance . Maybe the audience who are watching this are teenage girls or boys . --_-- to make such abrupt bullshit statement about this drama .

Stranger
Mar 1, 2019
NON Spoiler review :

I've watched now 50+ dramas .
Reviewed most of them .

I am a vivid watcher .
I pay attention to everything with precise detail .

If you're into K dramas , you must be familiar with how they are .
If it's a typical crime drama or anything , it will end how you're familiar with .

But
'STRANGER'
is just out of this world . Mind boggling .
I didn't expected it to be this exceptional .

The synopsis might not seem that great but the drama is .

This drama had the highest quality of acting so far .
Each and every character played as just smoked their everything .
You can't even flinch something at someone in terms of acting .

The plot has it ups and downs .
It's just awestrucking till episode 7 or 8 but then it slows down a bit .

Near the ending you'll feel a bit uninterested but hold you beer right there .

The ending episode takes your breathe away .

If you're human . If you're interested in reality . Then this is for you .
Stranger has the most sensible and harsh ending .
But still it tells you not to lose yourself , your hope , your righteousness .

PS : Jo seung woo , I've seen his only earlier drama God gift's 15 days .
And I knew he's an acting GOD .
I can easily say he's the best actor male of the K-drama industry .

Healer
Oct 3, 2018
This could be the most controversial and honest review of the most over hyped and overrated K drama
I can't seems to find a single reason why Healer has such a high rating . I mean this whole drama is flawed and inconsistent , it's knowingly stretched to keep it mysterious . I found it uninteresting . Even suspicious partner is better than this .

The direction and screenplay are not upto the mark . Pretty much terrible
It's inconsistent and f**ks logic .
I have been watching K dramas for a long time and the only reason is that they live upto their name and have a subtle quality but this one didn't .
The only good thing about this is the acting and yeah it sure has interesting characters .
Healer had all the potential , a kinda superhero plot like Superman , actually it has many similarities with superman superficially .
This is the drama where the plot is ordinary but instead the characters create a charm still I think people left their brains behind while watching this and gave it such a high rating .
This also isn't JCW's best drama , K2 was much much better than this .

I will keep it simple , watch healer only and only if you have nothing to do . It should be your last choice .

5/10

P.S : I can expect people jumping onto me for this review but I'll be honest that's it . You people are brainwashing others that it's a best drama out there .

Dropped 17/20
Shark
Sep 7, 2018
Dropped 0
The plot is baseless and stretched way too much . It's all a goof . First 10 episodes are meaningless .
I have never been this disappointed in a revenge drama , but from the start it was flawed .
Idiotic killings , Identity swap , bad female lead who's always crying , a villain whom you're telling all your plans . --_-- Ugh Utterly Disappointing .
Now this is my 2nd Kim Nam gil revenge drama .
If you wanna know how good a revenge drama can be watch ' Bad Guy' also by Kim nam gil .
This is how you do it . All things planned without any flaw .
But remember that the consequence of a revenge is always bad .

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
Apr 12, 2018
MUST READ REVIEW SPECIALLY FOR MALE AUDIENCE IF YOU INTENT TO WATCH SCARLET HEART RYEO :

This drama is really great . It's a historical drama with the essence of love , hatred And the biggest of them all POWER AND REVENGE ! What extent people can get upto to attain Power ? The emotions in the layer stage could be hard to coupe with , they can be traumatising.

But it's a trap .
The initial target for scarlet heart is the female audience in every aspect . i.e It's a SHOUJO drama initially .
You could find this thing annoying as a male viewer though it may appeal to a female .
The initial direction is poor .
It's like watching Sakura throughout Naruto every 2 minutes ! Lol . . Yeah I said that it's horrible .
The start is not that great , it's below average I would say considering the plot they have decided i.e the historical saga .
The first 8 episodes are pathetic and aimless except some moments . 5/10
I could clearly see why this drama didn't do that good in Korea .
It's coz of the start . It's pathetic and you have to stick to this drama till the end to find it's interests .
Usually when the audience watches something weekly in TV , they want the start to be great .
The next 8 have a great comeback 7/10 It's like things take a total U turn
but the last 4 I swear make up for all the toying and reckless writing the writer has shown .
The last 4 are purely phenomenal , dumbfounding and outstanding to watch . 10/10
And ironically this is against K dramas as they start off great but turn pathetic at the end .
This one starts of pathetic and ends greatly .
Lee Joon Gi is steal the deal of this drama . His expressions , voice and firmness along with cruelty is mesmerizing .
As for soundtrack , it's again disastrous , totally off the track for how it should be in a historical drama except one song that I liked very much
Epik High (ft. Lee Hi)- 'Can You Hear My Heart'
This one song is really good .

Overall it's a great drama . I enjoyed it .
Could have gone better .

Overall
7/10
(Only coz of the last 4 episodes ).

Something in the Rain
What is love ?
Is unorthodox love accepted ?

We are represented by the people around us and judged for the same .
Whether it's family , work or personal everything holds a view and opinion .

This drama is really wonderful .
You would see lots of people being dissatisfied with the ending .
But the director had the guts to convey what really happens .

Are you the kind of a viewer who watches an idealist romance ?
Everything has it's ups and downs .
This drama portrays the good and the bad with such convenience that it's baffling .

All the moaners in the review are immature to accept the beauty of this drama .
( These are all weak people and not smart . Like you average viewer with the disability to assess and tell diamond from carbon )

This has an indefinite ending .
Coz people really don't have answers for everything .
Life and relationships are stories .
And not all stories have a definite ending .

It does get slow but the director is giving you time to think what you could've done in that situation .
This drama comes with an art of reflection for what to do and what not to do .

PS : Cinematography is one of the key element of this drama . Purely phenomenal !

Chief of Staff
Don't watch this if you're an idealist .
You can't pretend to live in a La La Land forever .
This drama is an absolute depiction of how politics work .
It's cruel , sweet but most of all overwhelming to most extent .

We all start by thinking
' I will change the world '
How ?
' By my sense of justice and righteousness '
It all starts with such self belief and shit !

Everything comes at a cost .
And that includes power too .
This is the first season so it's a cliffhanger right now .
But always remember
' You don't cling to the wrong to climb up else you're bound to fall and there's no standing after that '

This is it . It's not a review but an explanation of what to expect in the drama .
It's not a plot to please you , but to depict how things work .
Enjoy !

BG: Personal Bodyguard
Jun 1, 2019
This is a Seinen drama .
It demands maturity from the viewers , if you're here to entertain yourself with non sense action and stuff , better stop here .
When you think of a Bodyguard and all the plots you must've ever watched .
The real depiction is off from far , considering how there are so flashy and unrealistic .
A man protecting and fighting all the people alone .

This drama is on another level in terms of depicting how this field of bodyguard works .
After all even they are human .
The fights and plot progression are to a point professionally dealt which is the highlighting point of this drama .

There's a sniff of romance, but the writers just snatch it off whenever the point comes .
It's the kind of romance which makes you crave for more .

As far as the acting is concerned , there's hardly any negative point .
They made use of the whole cast which was limited phenomenally which is surprising .
All of them were just excellent .

A perfect drama with a bit cliche' ending , but that's fine .

Reply 1994
May 6, 2019

This drama is an ART .
You won't realize it when you're watching this .
Reply 1994 is so surreal that watching it might not make you like it instantly .
It's so slow at the beginning that you might find it boring .
But as gradually it progresses there's a kind of addiction you'll feel to it .

There's hardly any drama that focuses on all the characters. I mean this is so hard to even write.
I think they have pulled a masterpiece here.
Moreover the character development .
Gosh , it never stops .
You'll feel your own growth with the way things progress from when it starts to when it ends .

One of the best series I've watched .
I would say each and every episode had a lesson .
Something to learn , it's not only entertainment .
But they have shown the phase of life .
How it changes when time change , people change .
The relationships , the friendship in the most powerful way .

The realism of this drama makes it cringy at times .
I mean you find certain traits annoying but that's it speciality .
I wouldn't say I loved all of the things but as you know such drama comes in package .
It was so surreal as in terms of acting that you do tend to dislike somethings .
You should watch this drama if you're looking for something nostalgic specially the 90's .

I can proudly say I learnt alot

Life
Mar 6, 2019
NON SPOILER REVIEW :

If you're looking for a drama that shows
"The co-relation b/w the medical and corporate sector "

How they both work and merge . How dirty is it actually . How it's exploited .
What role the doctors play in this and how's the situation .Then this is it .
Rarely do I see such dramas . It's really serious at times .

This drama was excellent , but it had it's ups and downs .
The first episode was just boring and wasn't even needed .
It got paced after that nicely but again was hollow after episode 7 or 8 I think .

The problem this drama had was character development .
While this was the drama's strength but it ended up being it's biggest flaw .
The writer tried so hard to give equal screenplay to everyone in this drama ,
I mean every character had it's own importance , their own perspective was shown .
Every single character out there .

The problem lies in the fact that the mid plot was hollow and the writer tried to cover it up which I feel was absurd .
She wrote a good start and a good end but the mid part was just jumping from serious to casual romance and what not .

But then it diverted ,
In simple terms it lost it's depth and tried to regain it in the ending episodes .
But anyway , the writers tried to make it seem as realistic as possible which is a good thing .

The plot is open I mean it's unpredictable in a sense that it takes the realistic approach so well that you'll be surprised how normal things are .
People are people after all .
How we judge them and how they really are .

Acting wise all of them were awesome .
Specially our Lead Jo Seung Woo(Mr.Goo) . He's a real star and after watching him in 3 dramas now he's done till now .
He's the best Korean actor at the moment . Just phenomenal .

A Beautiful Mind
Feb 24, 2019

' Beautiful mind '
If you haven't read the synopsis , or even if you've .
What do you think , the title or the poster might be about ?
*Think about it *

This drama is really beautiful . It mends on how you feel and decided about things .
The importance of having empathy in our lives .

How people grow and develop at certain stages of life .
What affects them ? How they change ?
How the emotions of any person are related .

All these from the perspective of a Doctor and ofcourse the Patients involved .

This is a medical thriller for the first 8 episodes that you'll be baffled in the best possible way.

The remaining 6 episodes take a total U turn and it turns into a slice of life all of a sudden , which is the most beautiful part of it .

The writing is sloppy due to this . But till episode 8 it's perfect .
Some of you may have hard time coz of it I mean it doesn't really explain things till last so you've to stick and yeah the medical terms are really out of the world for a non medical student .
TBH , i sat with a tab of google opened right next to the episodes coz I was interested in knowing what kinda reference they were giving . So it's a brain drainer at times , but worth it .