• Last Online: 1 day ago

Narnia
Don't Say Sorry

by PurpleJem

Nov 30, 2018
I watched this yesterday when it popped up in my YouTube recommended, and it was a lovely surprise!

The story isn't very original, but we need all the happy queer content we can get! And it's well done, they add new elements that keep it fresh. I like that they actually use the word lesbian, and the character seems to already know her sexuality, as so many queer films are about people first falling for someone of the same gender, which is great, but gets old after a while.

The acting is really good, very believable, they had chemistry and really made me feel for them. I really like how in this short you see both girls' perspectives - it feels like you're looking through one of the girls' eyes at one point - and you can see that they clearly both like one another. There is some clever cinematography, I love love love the ending, so well done.

I also feel it's realistic in showing the worries about being queer that I have felt myself as a queer girl, but even with that it remains overall happy. It doesn't use clichés or silly "accidentally" falling on top of one another type moments, it just feels like two real girls who fall in love. I really enjoyed it, it left me with a smile and a warm heart. I will definitely re-watch it soon.