• Birthday: May 07
  • Join Date: September 9, 2015
Brother's Friend
CONTENT
*House wife ready female lead
*Innocent and illogical male lead
*Sadistic brother
*Evil because of love cousin
*Love guru dog master, shop keeper

*No skin ship
*A lot of awkward scenes
*Innocence
*The attempt to a love triangle
*Misunderstandings
*Miscommunication

With a stern focus on romance, the main characters meet, fall in love at first sight then confess their feelings to begin a relationship, making this movie about the hardships of dating. These aren't really hardships as much as they are misunderstandings and miscommunication though, leading to some very unnecessary and dragged out conflict. With a few extra supporting characters thrown in there, to both wreck and fix their relationship, the journey continues, frustratingly.

In my opinion,

the characters had little to no personalities which prevented them from being relatable and the fast pace made their love seem so shallow that their feelings were hard to believe. The acting was a bit on the beginner side, which is very common in this type of genre but I can't say the script was of any help since the dialogue and the screen writing, over all, could have been better.

This type of relationship is actually pretty uncommon in Japan. The newer generations have become more daring and forward as well as less conservative when it comes to dating and skin ship which makes this movie feel a bit irrelevant and clueless about it's country's youth current stand point. This is actually a pretty big deal breaker for me, lowering the enjoyment quality by quite a bit.

BUT

If you like awkward romance movies with very little skin ship and miscommunication based misunderstandings but don't care much about characters personalities or developments then

We Love
CONTENT
*A shy female lead with some serious social anxiety and low self esteem.
*A two faced male lead who goes from spirit breaker to fuzzle bear in a second.
*Some extra characters to stir up the love and cause some jealousy
*The friends...
*Light skin ship such as hugs and a fake kiss
*Below average acting
*Poor dialogue and screen writing

REVIEW
A light, shojo manga based movie about mentally damaging the person you love until they love you back. Sounds like it a very interesting psychological thriller but it's not. Instead, it's a high school romance themed story with very simple characters and a fast pace progression.

The main characters have one strong characteristic each to set the important detail of their relationship and the supporting characters are just plot devices to make the love progress and to make it easier for the viewer to understand the situation. Their dialogue consists mainly of remarks towards the main leads or their romance. They never talk about anything else.

Without any parallell story telling or character development, this romance goes from A to Z with mild conflict, and light skin ship, reaching no further than to some hand holding, hugging and a fake kiss.

WHY 2/10?

Most shojo manga movie adaptions set the quality bar pretty low but even so, this movie did not do that well in it's own genre. I occasionally enjoy some romance with light conflict as it doesn't drag out misunderstandings until I throw up in frustration but I will probably never watch this again because it's actually a very boring film. The characters don't have personalities, developments or depth. There are no parallell stories to build on the characters relationships and the progression was quite fast paced and unfulfilling.

To be a bit on the extreme, if we think about this realistically this could be taken as encouragement of mental abuse because it supposedly makes one stronger.... which is not true. This kind of mental abuse is not something a person snaps out of and gains self esteem from. It's something that brainwashes a person until they get therapeutic help that can go on for an eternity and even then, the person will occasionally consider their existence unneeded.

But if you're the kind of person who enjoys light, shojo manga adaptations with light conflict then I hope you ENJOY!!

My Runway
May 11, 2019
Based on a concept known to most drama watchers, this drama focuses on the blooming romance of two people who share the same dream, in a light and comedic way. With a minimum amount of drama and quick problem solving, the whole greatness of a grown man high pitch screaming at his own penis made this drama easy to binge and leaves you in a great mood rather than frustration. To complete the scene, the writers came up with just the right support squad consisting of lovable characters with their own flaws, concerns and secrets, making this drama feel more realistic and fulfilled.

We have the clumsy and naive high school female lead.
The arrogant and unpleasant but secretly thoughtful male lead.
The understanding and supportive best friend.
The male model variety squad and of course that girl who just ruins it for everyone.

Paying some extra respect to actor Kang Dong Ho for turning into a real high school girl the moment the director said action, made me question if the creators had really found a way to switch bodies. Park Ji Yeon also did a great job playing a man, but the young woman in her came out at times which kind of broke the spell for me.
Although being supporters, the other cast members did a great job in giving life to their characters as well. Considering that the males had to do quite some daring acting, they all seemed comfortable and natural while doing it.

Being of a lower budget and having a shorter than average run time, this drama did feel a bit unrealistic at times. Although the unrealistic depiction of a models life can be forgiven, I'm not sure the scene where the main leads switch their bodies back, can. This is a fiction but theres still such a thing as taking it too far which was a big mistake on the writers side. Therefore, this drama gets kind of a childish stamp.

So if you like cute and conservative romance and is comfortable or enjoy skinship and close interaction between good looking men, then you might like this drama. It's light and bingable and is the perfect medicine if you're having a bad day.

Dropped 7/32
My Strange Hero
May 8, 2019
Dropped 0
Dropped half way through episodes 7 - 8

This drama is basically about a charismatic, handsome guy who's belief in justice makes him fight or break stuff. Due to a misunderstanding between him, a shy, domestically abused rich guy and a smart, sweet looking, tough girl, the main character has decided to get his revenge on the other two, by being their pain in the butt.

This drama will surely make you irritated and annoyed in many ways. If the school, the system, the bullies or the teachers doesn't get to you, then the constant repetition of miscommunication and misunderstandings between the leads, might.

Of course this drama isn't all bad. It has some clever jokes and the secrets are pretty interesting. Sometimes it may break the reason of logic but as it is for the sake of some drama and compassion, some may let it slide (I couldn't let it slide).

I dropped this drama because I don't think it is of high quality to push the main characters good looks so much that all the other characters constantly talk about it. I think that the foundation on which the story is built was a bit below my expectations and I'm not a big fan of constant misunderstandings caused by pride and the annoying habit of hiding the truth.
I also feel like it doesn't stand out from it's genre and that it could have been executed better.

I came to this drama after watching "He is psychometric" and "Memories of the Alhambra" which both were 9/10. So coming from A list dramas to this might have affected my perception and caused an unfair comparison.

I recommend this drama to people who like romance and conflict as well as high school drama with some darker turns. It's not a bad drama, I just started watching it at a bad time. Maybe I'll come back to it later.

Memories of the Alhambra
May 5, 2019
PLOT
The plot description of this drama hasn't been done justice on a lot of sites. It's actually a lot more interesting than they make it seem, so here is my version of it:

After getting a strange call about a game that would change the entire world of technology, The co-founder of an investment company, Yoo Jin Woo, travels to Granada, Spain in an attempt to meet the creator and buy the game before his rival and former best friend, Hyeong Seok gets to it.
Forced to stay at a run down guest house, in wait of the creator, Se Ju, Jin Woo plays the new game in an attempt to learn more about it. But as he levels up, things are changing for the worse and Se Ju still hasn't showed up.

REVIEW
The story was well built and stuck to it's logic until the end. I feel like they made this fictional world as realistic as they could while adding a dimension to it as they jump between time lines. Although you might feel like you've seen the same scene many times before, every time it's presented to you, a new clue has been added to it. So this is definitely not a lazy watch. It's a drama that deserves all your attention while watching it.

The theme of the drama is artistic and dark while carefully mixing in the charms of Spain and the lightness of supporting characters. There isn't too much blood being shown apart from the average amount that usually comes out of a body when you stab it, shoot it, or piece it but other than that, they kept it realistic.

There is a love story amongst all the fighting and backstabbing, that didn't steal too much focus from what this drama actually is about. I found the romance to be comfortable, well paced and cute in a way that isn't like a oily, cheesy pizza.

The characters where all memorable in their own way and they all had a reason for existing. The grandmother brings comfort and nostalgia to the audience of Koreans with grandmothers like her, in the nightmare like atmosphere.

The little sister is the embodiment of cupid as the main function of her dialogue is to get the romance going between the two main characters as she also lightens the mood.

The "adopted" best friend of the female lead is the logical side of things. He is there to act on the logic that most people would be thinking in the circumstances which balances out with the female lead who completely lives off of fairy dust.

I wish the female lead was less passive and actually had a chance to join in on the dangers of this game. Having a female character fight along side the male lead would have been so refreshing but sadly, she's mostly just crying or fueling the male leads ego while having a pretty bad Spanish accent. She did her best though.

The male lead is quite a cliché character with his hot temper and rude comments, carrying such a hard and cold facade, but the writers did give him a very humane and good side as well so I ended up falling for him at the end anyway.

Of course there are more characters in this drama, that I didn't mention, like:
The old man you would like to strangle with a shoe lace.
The fluffy, cute, innocent, man baby who doesn't get what he deserves.
The famous person who stirs the pot and so on...

So if you like games and the thought of games becoming a reality. Or you're a fan of crime and investigation, you might actually like this drama. Bringing you the feels and many reasons to cry, this might be one of the best dramas this year.

Warrior Baek Dong Soo
Dec 10, 2018
CONTENT.
The energetic and loyal, no skill main character we all come to love as he grows into the countries best swordsman.
The good looking, dark, painfilled cool best friend with a sad past and inevitable fate.
The dorky, funny, weird, tomboyish, emotionless sub characters.
Evil minds and brainless henchmen.
The royal pain in the grass who has no royal power and is just a puppet of evil.

The hero goes through a lot of pain and learns many lessons before he becomes the best, while his best friend follows the opposite path to the dark side believing it's his destiny.

There are a lot of fighting scenes, blood and killing. People will die, both good and evil while some fight death like little cockroaches. While lighting up the drama with a bit of comedy and friendship, the romance is limited and so is the skinship. This is a story focused on corruption, loyalty, destiny and finding one self, paced in a slow manner with stories from the characters birth, child years, teenage years and adult years.

I gave this drama a generous 3/10. Beause even though everything was complete horse weed, I couldn't stop watching and I was always entertained or moved.

The bad things about this drama:

The special effects are ridiculously bad and not very believable.
The fighting scenes look very fake sometimes.
The acting was average.
The script was not very well written. Some dialogue was awkward or unnecessary.
The directing was not good since it sometimes made the story fall apart.
Some scenes were badly cut or were really not needed.
Logic dies now and then for entertainment purposes.
The story was confusing because they often went off track.

If you can see past these points then please give this drama a chance. The original soundtrack was one of the best I have ever heard and some scenes are like beautiful artwork that you can't forget!

ENJOY!!!!

Voice
Nov 24, 2018
CONTENT
- A female character with very little personality, bravery and cowardice, intelligence and stupidity and the superpower of visualizing very faint sounds.
- A male lead who strongly respects the law but curses, threatens, yells and physically hurts people a lot.
- A "psychopath" murderer with a very superficial diagnose and very adventurous symptoms.
- Corrupt people with power and informative side characters with somewhat of a spark.

This drama contains a lot of blurred gore and insane deaths. There will be blood and what they claim are "smashed heads", a lot of fighting scenes, stabbing, shooting and punching. There is no romance, and chances of crying are low. Medium if you're sensitive.

Not very bingeable. I got tired of it easily when some episodes felt dragged out and predictable.

Some scenes were very powerful and dark and really made it hard for me to sleep. They had some very creepy elements and the director did a good job sparking discomfort in the viewer. I liked the concept that every episode had a new, smaller case, that lead the main characters closer to the person they were trying to catch. Although some scenes were very unrealistic and this drama contains a ton of mistakes, some cases were very exciting to watch and kept me at the edge of my seat.

I have to say though, this is not the best crime drama I've ever seen. Most of the time, I was annoyed with the characters, disappointed with the twists, and calling plot holes. I can't praise the actors too much either. The only person I think did an amazing job, would be Kim Jae wook. He played his role perfectly until the end.

If you want a daring crime drama without romance, but don't care too much about details. I guess this drama is for you.

ENJOY!!

Are You Ready? Hey You Girl!
Nov 13, 2018
This drama is a character introduction to a movie with the same name that came out on October 12. Although it doesn't focus much on the main character here, it builds a better foundation for the friendship and everyones relation to each other.

Five, twenty minute long episodes with super relaxed, funny and smooth characters being nerdy, bromantic and weird while they attend a cheesy high school where all the girls stalk handsome guys. Don't let that scare you away though, as cheesy as that sounds, those girls don't take up much of the screen. Instead they spent the running time on short stories of people falling in love and epic friendships.

Boys love is totally allowed

ENJOY

Hi! School - Love On
Nov 13, 2018
This drama was definitely made for a younger audience. Although it doesn't have that exaggerated feel and it does tend to get quite serious with some issues it didn't go deep enough for me to get emotional.

it contains your typical female lead who wants to befriends with everybody and never hates or gets mad at anyone. The two "handsome" boys (who, of course, are idol actors) fighting over the female lead. Jealous mean girls. Meat head bullies with a sad past. Crazy side characters. Class clichés. Accidents and intendidents. Cheesy romance stuff that will make you puke if you've lost your virginity and last but not least; limited skinship.

The romance here is safe for children of all ages and this is because the female lead was 14 and the male lead was 23 when they shot this drama. They share one kiss and then the skinship is limited to one hug every 8 episode.

The soundtrack was really annoying. They fit in like 4 different song in a minutes to set the mood which was a big mistake because it only gave me a headache. You don't always need a song to fit the mood. Silence is the strongest weapon.

Instead of having a strong plot and keeping to it for 12 - 16 episodes, this drama has the base line "Angel loves human" and then changes the plot from one common drama to another, to keep it interesting. In the beginning it reminded me of "You who came from the stars" and other fantasy/romance dramas. Then it changed into School 2015 and other friendship and bullying centered youth dramas. Stepping over to a lighter and slightly more psycho version of School 2013s bromance before it escalates to a very unusual Romeo and Juliet and then finally dies out in a typical fantasy/romance ending with a touch of amnesia.

The Guest
Nov 13, 2018
This drama is really not a joke. It was very well made and everything was pretty much on point. The acting was good, the scenes brought out strong emotions and the story had a very nice way of unraveling, one episode at a time. It's the kind of drama that lingers on you for a long time even after the final credits have rolled.

You will encounter a lot of gore and unpleasant scenes. If you are sensitive to people stabbing themselves, eating their own limbs, hanging themselves or other goreful activities, DON'T watch this.

There is no romance. The main characters will slowly get closer but it's all in a nightmare like fight to avenge their families and each other.

This is not a light watch. It is bingable but it's not something you'd watch to feel happy. The story is very dark, sad and deep and plays a lot on the negative elements and emotions of people.

The acting was great and the story was interesting. Although one or two episodes felt a bit draggy, every single episode was an important part of the unraveling of the mystery. I love how they never once left the main road, instead we watched things happen on the road side and each happening was a sign, telling us where to turn next.

BUT NO DRAMA IS PERFECT.

The ending was not to my liking. To be honest, I had worked out, what I thought was a great theory, but in the end I was wrong and I'm okay with that as long as you give me something better. Instead, I felt like the writers randomly added an extra plot twist, just because, and then filmed a few extra scenes to back up their new change of course. I would have forgiven them for that if they had not ruined the potential of a brilliant ending in the next set of scenes! This is the only part of the story where the writers broke their own rules and the laws of nature just to have a happy ending which is why this drama is not a 10.

Reply 1997
Note:
If you want to feel emotionally moved, this is probably a good drama. It's well made and contains good acting and all in all has a good story. If you're not used to Korean culture or Korean dramas or if this is your first kdrama, I DO NOT recommend watching this yet! The extreme overdramatic behavior of everyone will just come off as yelling and fighting and will distract you enough to lose the beauty of the story.

This drama contains:

- Romance, comedy, friendship, family, idol obsessions, a lot of yelling, a lot of fighting, a lot of bickering, a lot of hitting, a lot of 90's references, deep truths, and youthful life lessons, love triangles and a hint of lgbt.

- A group of friends getting along very well and romance sparking between some of them.

- Slice of life with a classy kind of medium drama.

- Medium chance of crying because of relatable content.

- Ridiculous extremness in idol obsessions, family matters, romance and friendship.

Surplus Princess
This drama contains:
- Romance, comedy, frustration, misunderstandings, love triangles, evil exes, weird side characters, cute side plots, handsome boys, pretty girls, good acting, light watch.

- Not deep or dark, low chance of crying.

- An energetic and happy go lucky female lead who stands on the boarder of being really annoying or clumsily charming. A very charming and handsome second male lead who (as always), lacks flaws. A not so charming and always less handsome first male lead who lacks in a lot of ways.

- That really mean and annoying Ex girlfriend who ruins it for everyone and makes you frustrated.

- Romance starting off on the wrong foot and progressing through bicker fights. Romance starting off with a happy spark and progressing through nice encounters and cute moments. Impossible not to ship. Romance starting out from friendship.

- A lot of misunderstandings and situations that will make you frustrated and annoyed. Some moments should really not have been allowed to happen and some were just straight up stupid.

- The main story is a plot hole in itself which pulls down the rating quite a bit. Because the whole drama was rushed, few progressions are believable and it all seems like low budget script writing.

- A perfect build up to nothing, leading to one of the most disappointing endings I've ever seen.

- A really funny Korean SNL reference that you will only understand if you see their GTA parody.

- Nam Joo Hyuks Busan accent.

Fabricated City
This movie contains:
- A lot of violence, blood and graphic, disturbing scenes. If you are a sensitive viewer, discretion is adviced.

- This movie does not have any romance or comedy in it. It is purely action

- It's slightly fast paced but it didn't bother me personally. The actors were amazing, the scripting was good and the effects and stunts were really well made.

- The story is heartbreaking, crazy, clever and corrupt.

- High chance of crying

- Over imaginative use of technology but I will let it slide for now.
Thirty But Seventeen
Sep 22, 2018
Content

- This drama has a lot of heartbreaking scenes as each characters past is revealed BUT it is not a melodramatic cry-fest. Instead, it has a very bright and energetic approach. There is quite a lot of comedic scenes and the characters are very childish, lovable and extremely cute.

- Trauma. All characters have some type of trauma that keeps them from happiness so all the conflicts will be centered around the different events that scarred each person and how they work through it.

- The romance is a part of the main plot but it never uses the plot for more romantic scenes. It's like the ending had already been decided and writers were working in romantic scenes instead of making unrealistic events so that the characters can get closer. It was all natural.

- The characters will grow and develop throughout the drama and it gives off the feeling of coming home after a very long trip that lasted a life time.

- This is a high budget, well made, well written, well progressed drama. There were no plot holes that bothered me and things felt very realistic.

- A bearable love triangle with not too much screen time and a good ending that will wreck ships. The first male lead was was an acceptable defeat for people with second lead syndrome. (If you did have SLS, watch Queen of the ring)

I was expecting a lot of short cutting in the story for the sake of the romance but I was surprised when I found out how different it was. This is not your typical romance drama where the plot is supporting the love between two leads. This is more of a healing drama, showing the hardship of different people supporting each other to achieve happiness.

ENJOYYYYY!!

Your Honor
Sep 22, 2018
Content.
- The perfect amount of romance where you can see the characters fall for each other a little bit in every episode. This is NOT a "from hate to love" type of romance which I found so refreshing.

- The characters were well developed and had really good back stories which will break our hearts and slowly glue them back together. With lovable personalities they showed great chemistry in all sorts of relationships.

- A lot of justice will be served. Regardless of the social status, Kang Ho will roast the damn out of every single person in the room and leave with a mic drop. Prepare to feel empowered and excited.

- The plot was very interesting and very original. It wasn't too predictable and kept me curious with a variety of different events and plot devices.

- There will be some violence and blood but not too much.

- Theres a medium chance of tears.

- Epic acting and Yoon Shi Yoon syndrome.

- With some solid points and clever questions, the writers highlight the flaws and corruption of news stations and law practitioners in Korea.

This is one of the best dramas I have ever seen and it's going into my "loved" list for a future re-watch. I can honestly say I feel empty now that it has ended and I will miss the impatient waiting for the next episode. I recommend that everyone tries to watch it and spread their love because this is a real candidate for best drama of the year.