• Location: philly
Over Drive japanese movie review
Over Drive
by renee
Jan 3, 2019
This is simply a really heartwarming story about personal growth and the bond between two brothers.
I have to say, I loved the cast in this. I think they all complemented each other. I'm particularly biased towards Higashide Masahiro I think he's a great actor), Aoi Morikawa tends to be type cast a lot but she always manages to play her role well and she was very lovable in this (she has come across as annoying when playing these kinds of characters so I was pleased. Mackenyu is good at playing these kinds of characters and I think he has a lot of potential for growth as well! Even the supporting cast were great.
It's also a very visually pleasing film with lots of pretty scenery shots at times and just a nice color palette in general
The music was kind of noisy to me but that didn't affect my viewing process or what I thought about the movie.
I think overall, if you don't go into the movie expecting something specific, you will really enjoy this because while it's definitely not the best movie ever made it's still a pretty enjoyable one.