• Last Online: 1 day ago

Hawaii, USA

Kimberly

Hawaii, USA
Princess Silver
I really enjoyed this drama. I thought I started it when I could watch/binge by the time it was finished subbing. I WAS WRONG. I ended up watching faster than the subs were being done. The plot was typical palace intrigue (aka hella drama) with backstabbing. However, it was addicting due to the fact that the main female lead was missing her memories, so you keep watching to see what happens. The plot twists on here are pretty amazing and least suspecting. But I will not ruin it for everyone.

The acting was great. I liked all the leads in this series. This is my first time seeing Aarif and Sophie in a drama. I thought they did really well! Aarif's character is suppose to be stoic and serious. But when he smiles, wow! Sophie was great with her range of emotions so it wasn't like watching two walls.

Overall I really enjoyed this drama and I will try to find more dramas with the actors here.

The Story of Ming Lan
I love Zanilia and William, and how cute that they are now married and pregnant!

This drama isn't very "action packed" if you're looking for Zanilia to do stunts like you've seen her do in Princess Agents. It's more like Lu Zhen if anything, she can speak her way out of any issues! This one is not really "palace intrigue" but details the life of a middle-class (can you even classify them as that?) and their struggles with rankings (Main wife, 2nd wife, 3rd wife, etc) and their children's struggles trying to "find their place." Sadly, Ming Lan grows up in a house where her mom is a lower-ranked wife/mistress and they are not treated nicely by the main and 2nd wives. There is a lot of plotting from the mothers down to the daughters!

The romance part of the drama doesn't really kick in right away, but we pretty much root from Zanilia & William since they're kids (well I did!). It doesn't get lovey-dovey until the end where he claims his love for her. But still so intriguing to watch it from beginning to end.

Overall, I liked this drama and I thought they were cast so well to play a couple!

Story of Yanxi Palace
I read this was one of the best dramas that would come out in 2018, was it the team-up with HK's Charmaine? Maybe? I'm not familiar with many of the actors in this drama, as it's the first time I've seen most of them. But I thought it was an interesting story, and the ending was not what I expected.

I liked the build-up and character development on this drama. The palace intrigue is very dramatic and will rank high up there in terms of killing each other's babies and poisoning each other.

One of the reasons I didn't think the ending would turn out the way it did, was that Ying Luo actually loved the emperor. I always felt their age difference and acting didn't really emit that there was love between them (but that's just me). Sadly, I was hoping she'd realize her love for Fu Heng, but I guess not.

Scarlet Heart 2
I've read the reviews on this drama.... A lot of them were not nice lol. I can see why. I know where were controversy about time-travel, so I get it they had to make a lot of cuts out of this drama. However, the plot was messy. Like who wrote this? When I was watching I questioned how the actors felt with the plot twists in this drama.

I only watched this because I was in a show-hole and wanted to see what happened with our lovable characters, and how did they turn out? Did they tie it in with the original Scarlet heart? Are there easter eggs? Who made cameos?!

Well, it turned out our OTP was in a crazy love-triangle-square mess, involving a long-lost twin! They didn't really tie it in, there was a lot of paintings of Kangxi and references to Kangxi. I think besides Jack, I didn't see anyone else make cameos that were worth noticing.

Overall, this is a really bad drama unless you're bored!

The Destiny of White Snake
I really liked this drama. It had a great plot, great cast, and like-able characters.

The main thing that turned me off from this drama was the constant sacrificing the two main characters had for each other, well actually what everyone had for each other in this drama it felt like. But it was too repetitive. There's not a lot of tear-jerking scenes (in my opinion) and angst.

The only cast member I was familiar with in this drama is Yang Zi, she did great in Ashes of Love. I felt this role was very similar. She seems to be testing out her range with this drama because there are a lot crying/screaming scenes (although I did not feel touched by her scenes).

End note: I thought it was interesting there were two alternative endings.

Ashes of Love
Jan 21, 2019
Wow, what an amazing drama in terms of storytelling, acting, music, and cinematography.

The story was very intriguing. It was so magnetic, I found myself binge watching until 3am. Eek! It had me hooked, there were little parts where I fast forward, but overall the story and plot was great. I liked the buildup for each character, and it wasn’t drawn out.

The acting was magnificent. I’ve only seen Yang Zi in Noble Aspirations, and hated her in that drama but when I read the synopsis, I was like oh wow she’ll be perfect because she was so stoic faced, but this drama brought out a very cute side to YZ. I also liked our two male leads, both very eye-catching and cute!

Music – no idea what the lyrics were, but I liked the music and felt bad only watching on mute at times.
Cinematography was amazing. I watched is on Netflix so the quality was amazing, I recommend watching in high quality if possible. The outfits, shots, and set were done nicely.

I liked the ending, and how it incorporated our main characters. I liked the side characters too, such as Mr. Puchi, Fox Fairy and Mr. Hu. I would take a part two of this movie, if those three were involved. The ending leads us to believe there’ll be a part two, perhaps involving the kids of our main lead.

I'm definitely rewatching this, it's up there next to 10MPB

Dropped 15/72
The Investiture of the Gods II
Dropped 0
This sequel picks up where they left off, Jiang Zi Ya and his crew have a face-off with the 4 lackies (Shen Gong Bao, Su Da Ji and her two sisters), and add in the 1-eyed dude. Unfortunately, the fight ends in a draw as more characters are brought back into the fight. We lose Shao Mei, so the opening scene is Wu Ji mourning over :(

Mao Zhao De is also switched out with a new actress because her face gets burned off. I guess I ended up liking the actress from part 1, so the switch was not good with me. The new MZD is more mellow (at times) but also gets into the antics. I think this actress was too pretty for the role, so seeing her get all crazy wasn't the same.

I ended up dropping this drama, as it just got too repetitive. As mentioned in my other review, the 4 lackies continuously cause the same troubles to Jiang Zi Ya and his crew, either trapping them or framing them for murder and then sending a high level martial artists after the crew.

Railroad Tigers
Dec 26, 2018
I love me some Jackie Chan movies, and especially now that there is such amazing advances in technology. The cinematography in this drama is captivating. The movie is set during the time Japan is taking over a lot of Asia. Thank goodness this drama is not as gory as other movies I've seen set during the same time. Jackie has his own little gang of train robbers, and they happen to rescue a Chinese soldier, who tells them about his last (suicide) mission. The gang takes into their hands to help the Chinese fulfill their mission (you know patriotism!!). They do crazy antics like trying to rob C4 from a Japanese military base, and totally F#@$ the train in order to fulfill the mission.

I really love the cast in this drama. They did a great job casting, I thought the actors were so diverse (they all weren't pretty/kawaii, but there is a lot of eye candy). I also though the chemistry between all the actors was amazing. I bet it must have been amazing for all the young actors to work with Jackie. :D

Overall, great movie. The plot was great and interesting, the acting was good. There was a nice balance between seriousness & comedy. Also the fighting scenes were pretty intense, even with them using guns and a tank ON A TRAIN!!! The CGI at the end was sucky, but that was my only complaint.

The Legend of the Condor Heroes
Dec 26, 2018
This is one of the first dramas I have EVER watched. Growing up in the 90's, my mom would buy these box-sets that were dubbed into Vietnamese. To this day, I can recite the themesong in both Cantonese and Vietnamese!

The plot/storyline is the same as other LOCH, but the acting and the cast is SUPERB here. It is/was pretty much the all-star cast of TVB at the time, all the actors from the main characters to minor roles are familiar faces. I also believe the chemistry between our leads were so well acted out. If you can get past the low-quality (c'mon we have HD TVs now), and the older quality CGI, this is a great version of LOCH.

Besides the acting the martial arts in here is amazing. I believe that many of the actors back in the famous HK day dramas, were required to learn some type of martial arts, so the the martial arts you see is on point.

To this day, this will always be my favorite drama. I wish I had easy access to this drama on the internet, but I'll always rewatch on DVD!

Legend of Fu Yao
Nov 23, 2018
I thought this drama was great. The cast was likeable, the cinematography was great, the fighting was impeccable, and the story line was decent.

I however, was more drawn to the chemistry between the two leads. The story line seemed all over the place to me, and confusing. At times, I'm still not sure who Fuyao is, and where she comes from. After reading the reviews, I finally realized there are moments where Fuyao blacks out = breaking seals, but there were times where she blacks out and it was more than 5x. When the last seal broke, I thought it was like the 6th or 7th time.

I pretty much just enjoyed the cast.

The Investiture of the Gods
Nov 23, 2018
The Investiture Of The Gods

What does investiture even mean? It means the action of formally investing a person with honors or ranks. I only defined the definition after watching this drama, and now I’m like Oooooooooh, that makes sense.

This drama follows Jiang Zi Ya (Sammul)’s journey as becoming a student of Taoism. His teacher is the highest ranking, almost god-like. His main objective is to topple the evil Emperor and help the king of the Western Region to become the new emperor. This is already written in the book, as fate and is suppose to happen (I guess eventually?), but he is to aid this. In the meanwhile, Nu Wa Goddess assigns three deities (9 tail fox, wild chicken, and flute) to go and distract the evil emperor to bring down his reign. They’re also to find the man carrying the Nu Wa stone (Jiang Zi Ya) and assist his task to make the western king emperor. Unfortunately, the 9 tail fox falls in love with the evil emperor, and also they mistakenly follow Jiang Zi Ya’s disciple brother as the person with the Nu Wa stone. Throughout the drama, the 4 lackies that went astray of their mission, fights with Jiang Zi Ya and his crew of fighters. Throughout the drama, Jiang Zi Ya is able to to gather a number of skilled fighters onto the Western Region, as well as getting married, and solving problems for many of the characters introduced into this drama.

The story was intriguing, but also cheesy. Some of the scenes were SUPER annoying. I liked the side arch of Na Zha and how he is born after his mom carries him for 3 years and 6 months, and how his dad is always wary of him and wants to make sure he does the right thing. Jiang Zi Ya’s wife is hilarious and the relationship with Na Zha is very cute. Ma Zhao De is hilarious as Jiang Zi Ya's crazy wife, she gets into so many antics, and at times you just wanna scream at her to grow the f- up, but she doesn't lol. I do enjoy the scenes with her sometimes, as she's the comic relief. It's touching to see Jiang Zi Ya's love blossom with her.

I believe this drama also incorporates many legends/stories in Chinese mythology/history. For example the story of Na Zha (being born after his mom's pregnancy lasts 3.6 years), or the story of the hunter and wolf demon (becoming best friends after one rescues the other).

The costumes are really cheesy and flashy. I'm not sure if this was a early Mainland drama or a HK drama, but they're flashy! The cinemetography is nothing like the new dramas, but the fight scenes were on point.

Overall, I wouldn’t want to watch this more than once.

Legend of Lu Zhen
Jun 6, 2018
Wow, what a long but awesome drama! I love Zanilia in here, her acting is very versatile and this drama shows true range in her abilities (she’s not a zombie w/ no emotions).

This drama was addictive from beginning, but the last three episodes had me like MEH. Anyways, the store is about Lu Zhen who is her father’s first daughter, but is mistreated by her step mother. Her skills in helping the family business, makes her step mother & uncle jealous so they plot against her to get rid of her. While on the run, she bumps into Prince Gao Zhan, who’s stepmom is ALSO plotting against him he is the emperor’s favorite son. Both of them lose their fathers, and is framed for killing their father. However, Gao Zhan is able to find evidence he is not responsible, but by then his brother had already been thrust onto the throne. Their journey, is Lu Zhen working her way up from a palace maid to become a 6th rank official, to re-address her father’s murder and seek justice (and mishaps along the way).

This drama had so much romance and lovey-dovey between Lu Zhen and Gao Zhan. Both actors were fantastic, and had great chemistry. I haven’t seen Zanilia in another drama because CDYY that is THIS lovey-dovey, and the two leads match and look cute together. The ending was a happy ending. My only gripe is how many times they have a falling out, relationships right? I do love how faithful Gao Zhan and Lu Zhen were to one another. Gao Zhan rejected so many ladies for her.

The bad guys in here are endless. The Empress Dowager (Gao Zhan’s step mom) is such a evil bee-yotch. The whole time she’s blaming Gao Zhan and Xiao Huanyun for her son Gao Yan’s downfall/demise, but it was her own!!! Shen Ah Bi, is also another ruthless, mean girl but got bit by karma in the end. She was a hopeless romantic for Gao Zhan, but he already had someone else on his mind.

The side characters are so cute. I love Dan Niang, as she loves to EAT. She’s a cute character, wish she had a better ending for herself.

Overall, great drama. It’s not historically accurate. I looked up both Gao Zhan and Lu Zhen’s character, and in real life they were bad guys!

The Legend of Zu
May 16, 2018
I am not a 100% where to stand on this drama. The storylines are very convoluted. There seems to be TOO much at times, now that I’m thinking about it. I liked some parts, but other parts seemed unnecessary. I wanted to fast forward and get all the scenes of Zanilia and William Chan together, but then I would have missed a lot. A lot of the scenes of them together were heart breaking, there wasn’t ever a part where they BOTH accepted each other’s love, it was either, one was wanting more and the other one was hesitant. BOO. I thought the other love lines (or arcs) were so sad too, almost no one ends up together.

Cast is really good though, probably because Cecilia and Nicky Wu had hook ups as they were producing this drama? We got Nicky on the cast, Zanilia Zhao, William Chan, Gao Vengo is in here for a quite a bit. I’m not really familiar with the other female actors, but they were cute.

This drama was so lengthy, I most likely would not watch it again. I would recommend watching this if you like Zanilia which is what I’ve been doing lol.

The Journey of Flower
May 6, 2018
I have put off this drama for too long and I can see why people recommend this drama. It’s very sad but touching drama. The story follows Hua Gian Gu, who is cursed at birth for “destroying” life, plants, flowers, animals, etc. She bumps into an immortal Bai Zi Hua in disguise as Mo Bing, and ends up falling in love with him. She ends up being told that she can find Mo Bing at Chang Liu, and does all she can to join Chang Liu and join their sect. Her journey through this entire drama is tough. She is often looked down upon because she’s considered weak, dumb and naïve. She is betrayed by close friends, and her love life is forbidden.

I enjoyed this drama. I think the characters are well developed, even all the side characters. The relationship of Bai Zi Hua and Hua Gian Gu reminds me of Yang Guo & Xiao Long Nu. Everyone misunderstands them, and condemns them, and in the end they cannot admit they love each other. I was BAWLING my eyes out, crying in the last two episodes. But it was refreshing to see the ending here. The other characters in this drama are complex. A lot of them ended up in misery, due to their own doing and obsessions. I can name several characters that caused their own downfall. Another refreshing aspect is that this drama doesn’t have ONE main antagonist. I was trying to predict the ultimate bad guy in the end, but was surprised about how it went about & how in the end the “bad” sect turned good!

Overall, it's a pretty good drama. I cried, I laughed, and binged watch this. I felt Zanilia and Wallace didn't have too much chemistry/romance because their characters were probably not allowed to. Even in the end, I didn't feel "it." But still an enjoyable ending.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end does it sound like Sha Qian Mo would come back, maybe a season 2?

Xi Die Yuan Yang
Apr 19, 2018
Wow! Nice follow up to the first part “Cuo Dian Yuan Yang.” I definitely suggest watching the first part, but it’s not necessarily needed. This drama picks up right after the last one. Su Huan Er gets caught in the middle of a human trafficking den (no idea why, but totally her to have these antics). This drama focuses on the two younger brothers Wu Hen and Wu Jie’s love life, and the brothers trying to make their business more successful but they keep getting hindered multiple times throughout the drama, and in the end figures out the true killer of their father and Su Guang Ping (Huan Er’s father).

The entire plot/story ends on a happy note. I’m glad that even the “side” bad guy Murong Fu ends up turning into a good guy, and appreciates the girl that is by his side. Everyone gets happy endings at the end. I wish they would do a scene like fast forward to the next year, and they all got babies ^_^.

Han Dong (Wu Hen) is great here. I felt his pain when Liang Yu Shi was thought to be dead, and his anger with his family and enemy for killing her. Gosh the torment was painful. He has an ugly cry, but I felt his acting was so on point. Guo Dong Dong (Wu Jie) is also a great actor. His character is very stubborn, yet rash and naïve. He’s very loyal to his love interest Qin Qiu Yu, even though she’s a courtesan (considered lowly back then) but still pushes his limits. I think he’s a cute actor, and did great.

Wu Ji (Qi Ji) and Huan Er (Zanilia) are still my favorites. I love how Huan Er is suppose to be the main mistress of the household, but she still gets into a lot of trouble. Even when her long-lost brother comes back and plots again the Shi family, she unknowingly lets him in and he steals the deed for the land.
Overall great series, I’d watch this again. P.S. Just like the first season, the kissing scenes in here are AWESOME for kissing scenes in c-dramas, they’re using tons of lip and tongue. Teehee.