• Join Date: October 13, 2016
Sachiiro no One Room japanese drama review
Sachiiro no One Room
by nhii
Feb 2, 2019

This drama plays with our definition of words.

What is a 'suspect'? A 'victim'? What is the meaning of 'happiness' to each of us?

I liked it more than I thought I would. Anyone who got interested after reading the synopsis but still hesitate because of some reviews/comments just go ahead and give it a try. Yes, it's not perfect and sometimes try a bit too hard to be deep, I could spot some details that were not very logical on my first watch, but they don't matter, I'm willing to overlook them because I like the distorted relationship the two share, maybe it's not love, but it's a bond that they need. They trust and change each other for the better and they give a meaning to each other's life. And to some extent, I can relate to the 2 main characters.

Around Ep 7-8, I was quite confused and not sure where the plot was heading but the ending turned out better than I expected. I can understand why some might hate the ending, maybe it's me being pessimistic again but I like it. It's as she said, she would decide her own definition of happiness. If you don't like the ending you can still check out the manga, it's still on going, maybe there'll be a different ending. Though it's most likely that the author had approved this ending before the drama was made.

And of course I have to mention that the cinematography and the music is truly beautiful. Especially when they two of them are together.

I gave this drama an 8.5 and definitely watch again when I have time.