• Last Online: Sep 3, 2018
  • Join Date: April 21, 2018
Are You Human Too?
Aug 8, 2018
What does humanity truly mean? What does it mean to be a human being?
This drama started with a broken-hearted mom, an AI expert, who ended up creating an android with the exact same physiognomy her son - Nam Shin - had during his stages of life and went to the point the android would have to replace human Nam Shin on account of this being the victim of an attack against his life and afterwards finding himself in a coma.
The progress in the plot of this drama happened evenly, working well in the parallel between fiction and reality. It was great to see how they made sure to explore the main point here, 'what's the meaning of being a human being?'. An AI who ended up developing pure feelings towards humans and could be more sincere and good-hearted in judgment and emotions than a human being... How could this happen?
What I truly find admirable about this whole story scenario is that they value more what we are as 'beings', our essence, than our physical feature/view/appearance - which term you feel it's the best to understand with. And you know what? Such a huge moral lesson to all of us it is! Learning how to value people in due to their feelings is more precious than giving them attention or recognition over what they look like or their social standing, studies. So, 'what does it mean to be a human being?,' I ask. What does humanity means? Are we all reduced to physical, external aspects? Does it mean to be human? Our appearance? Or our ability of freedom? Freedom of thoughts, freedom of choices... Our ability of choosing between good and evil, of feeling empathy towards other living beings, of feeling love? Of caring?
Yes, yes. The plot is not only about this. There are a bunch of other things happening again and again. There is a cutie-cutie romance, the bad guy - as always -, a full-of-heart and tots funny dad. But you know what? What truly made me fall in love with this drama wasn't only the adorable smile of a certain robot nor his pure heart, but how it made me feel like we are all so precious for whom we are. We are able to feel. And what else could be more incredible and magical than this?
By the way, before I forget to point this out, kudos to Seo Kang Jun! I almost made a voodoo doll of his human Nam Shin at certain point of the drama, but aye, aye, the guy had a golden heart at the end of the day.
PS: The OST tracks are as adorable as NS III's sweet gaze. Well done!

Witch's Love
Aug 30, 2018
Whoa.. I've just finished watching the last episode and seriously, ain't that sure what I should tell you about it.
Once upon a time there was a so-light-(really-tots-light)-Hokus-Pokus-kdrama-plot. That's it. Ha!
This wasn't a very developed plot, but a simple one you could seat and enjoy watching in a rainy night together with your family - or with your puppy. Or both. Suit yourself, honestly.
Won't dare to say this was an amazing drama that I would pick it up to watch again anytime soon; but it was, for sure, truly enjoyable. But light. Really light. Don't forget the light thing!
The thing about being a simple plot didn't frustrate me, on the contrary, it made this an easier watchable one. Seriously. During the episodes I was able to laugh a lot (really dorkable laughs), draw lots of sighs - full-of-asteristics-sighs - and even get angry at certain characters. Not that the acting skills of all the cast were something "wow" to be watched (to he honest, the female lead... just please, go back to .. does anybody know a good Acting Academy or something like that? Juilliard-alike?), but in general, they did a good work. The former prince (who've watched Daebak got the reference *wink*) really won me over with this CEO of his. Truly! Every single time he was in scene, I was like: "you did it! you did it! don't get hurt!".
Being totally sincere, I kinda felt like watching a Disney small production TV series. Do you guys remember the "Wizards of Waverly Place"? It reminded me of it. Not the plot, nor the performances, but the simple and light format of conducting the plot and its production.
In short, this is a good drama to watch if you are looking for something like Bewitched meets Alex Russo.. ish!