• Location: England

England
Because of You

by sebba

Mar 31, 2017
This isn't a ground breaking drama with a new and different story. This is an average melodrama story. However it does everything right so that you finish the drama overwhelmed by a deep sense of satisfaction. Watching this drama it did my heart so much good! Maybe it's because the world can be so unjust that we take justice wherever we can. Let me be clear this story isn't about redemption... it's about justice and that's why I loved it so much. The acting is outstanding. You really hate the evil characters as much as you love the good ones. I love how all the relationships muddle, so that it's not just about our heroine and the guy who loves her but it's about the heroine, her mum, her other mum, her sister, her father, her friend, her aunt, her mentor AND also about the guy who loves her, his brother and his father and mum and other mum AND how all these lives are entangled and how all the relationships and dynamics are played out. There are some beautiful heart-wrenching scenes including bittersweet ones in between those that pierce your heart - burning it even BUT oh man, when that justice comes the balm is so much sweeter for it. The production value is high with everything looking really shiny and nice which is appropriate for a drama about embroidery. The Yun Kai's suits though... :S Still this is a minor quibble, my one other being that I felt that the ending was rushed. The original had more details in the ending, and I would have loved to have seen that played out in this version BUT still it's minor complaint. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!