Very impressed with acting, being very young. How do you see their abilities and would you like to see them again maybe a modern drama?

I think they are both really talented and I actually cried watching some scenes… I can’t wait to see more of their work. I’ve been a fan of Zhao Lusi and now also a fan of Wu Lei. He’s very talented. They both make you feel the emotions of their characters. 

I am a fan of ZLS since TROTAR and TLB. And cos of LLTG became a fan of WL now too! Lusi has really improved on her range and she is conveying her emotions and crying scenes more naturally. Leo I admire him more here than TLB tbh. IMO both of them found their breakthrough here and so happy for them~ 

At first I avoided this drama because of Wu Lei lol. A stupid move *in ling buyi's voice*

I first saw his work in Nirvana in Fire and couldn't Shake off his baby brother image especially if he was going to play a very cold general. I'm glad I decided to give this drama a try because I really would've missed out on wu lei's amazing talent. My favorite part is when shaoshang stole a kiss on buyi's cheek at the empress banquet. The way wu lei acted out the happiness, the shyness, and also the smugness! And his ears went red too (not sure if he did this intentionally or not) to top the performance!

I first watched zhao lusi in tiger and rose and I really love how she played a cute brat like the third princess. Then I saw her in Who Rules The World and kinda disappointed and became sure that zhao lusi didnt really fit a serious character. Seeing her as grown up cheng shaoshang really changes that! 

Finnley:

I think they are both really talented and I actually cried watching some scenes… I can’t wait to see more of their work. I’ve been a fan of Zhao Lusi and now also a fan of Wu Lei. He’s very talented. They both make you feel the emotions of their characters. 

I know. I’m trying to wrap around my head exactly what it is about this pair in particular but considering their age and effectively moving me in their portrayal, I’m so impressed. 

ymynym:

At first I avoided this drama because of Wu Lei lol. A stupid move *in ling buyi's voice*

I first saw his work in Nirvana in Fire and couldn't Shake off his baby brother image especially if he was going to play a very cold general. I'm glad I decided to give this drama a try because I really would've missed out on wu lei's amazing talent. My favorite part is when shaoshang stole a kiss on buyi's cheek at the empress banquet. The way wu lei acted out the happiness, the shyness, and also the smugness! And his ears went red too (not sure if he did this intentionally or not) to top the performance!

I first watched zhao lusi in tiger and rose and I really love how she played a cute brat like the third princess. Then I saw her in Who Rules The World and kinda disappointed and became sure that zhao lusi didnt really fit a serious character. Seeing her as grown up cheng shaoshang really changes that! 

The show I saw WU Lei for first time is when he was a kid, the son of FL (name not coming right now) so imagine the surprise seeing him older and playing a General. His acting is spot on, his facials of anguish, determination, and the variety of it befitting it’s scenes are so good. He’s certainly on the way to being an even bigger star…and heartbreaker to his fans. ☺️

NiaoNiao33:

I am a fan of ZLS since TROTAR and TLB. And cos of LLTG became a fan of WL now too! Lusi has really improved on her range and she is conveying her emotions and crying scenes more naturally. Leo I admire him more here than TLB tbh. IMO both of them found their breakthrough here and so happy for them~ 

I saw her first in Dating in Kitchen, and she hooked me there. She took on that big role like a pro. Her chemistry with ML was awesome despite big big age gap. To me, she didn’t shy away about making it awkward which is what made that memorable. Her portrayal was that indeed its just a number when you’re really in love. I loved that one, another great pairing. I’m making my way through others but yeah, I’m a true fan.

I think maybe the drama version had less intimacy scenes than the novel so that it will quickly pass the censorship and get licensed? Or maybe those scenes are there but got deleted in editing to get this drama out there fast since it was supposed to be 66 episodes I think and got cut to 56.

I actually checked out the DITK, and I am very impressed with Lusi. I think she was around only 20ish at that time, yet her emotional maturity is so impeccable for a C-actress. She was on par with her ML esp where it calls for intimate scenes. she is capable of portraying passionate scenes, would have been nice to see LBY and SS adapt the passionate moments into the screen. saw the leaks and he is sure capable too lol. Looking fwd to their  next  dramas and cp.

rlly hope they will be good friends irl. but right now have to move on from WuLu ?

NiaoNiao33:

Yes, Wu Lei in LLTG is much more impressive than in TLB. Also very impressed with Lusi here. Her crying scenes really makes me teared up.

I think Wu Lei is fine not great at acting but fine, quite good... and that Zhao Lusi is an acting genius with such effortless natural flow and range - seen her in 3 dramas now and was impressed each time with her specifically over everyone else.

CaliDreamer:

After reading the novel and watching the drama, I am a bit disappointed. I like the LBY passion for NN in the novel and counted on WL to deliver those hot scenes lol.  It’s a full romance novel and calls for passionate kisses.. and then came the leak scene for his other drama, he has no restrictions, so I am curious..why the double standard ?? He just lost some points from me and therefore closing the WuLu chapter, sorry.

Yeah I saw some stills of his next project. Uhm very nonrestrictive. Joining you In moving on from WuLu.  Looking forward to Lu Si next shows.

Reset:

I think Wu Lei is fine not great at acting but fine, quite good... and that Zhao Lusi is an acting genius with such effortless natural flow and range - seen her in 3 dramas now and was impressed each time with her specifically over everyone else.

Would like to see Zhao Lusi work with other gentleman…Xiao Zhan, Xu Kai, Yang Yang again, Alen Feng to name a few. Looking forward to Hidden Love.

The drama team bid their goodbyes and I get that they want fans to move on. I am also disappointed with Leo Wu for not giving his best with LBY passionate interpretation. Unlike his next project, he has proven he can be capable.
I am therefore also closing the WuLu chapter and I don’t  think they will collaborate anytime soon. For both their career sakes. ZLS is a versatile actress and I would like to see her with other actors, at equal footing with her or even less. I trust her talent and I am also about women empowerment. Let’s be honest, c-ent places more value to popular male actors . 

I was impressed by both ZLS and WL's performance in LLTG. ZLS's stellar acting was not a surprise for me, since I've seen her in other dramas and she has progressed a lot with each new project. WL took me a bit by surprise, since I did not find his role memorable in TLB. The massacre scene is now ingrained in my memory as the height of his acting range and complexity. He also looked very competent in action or combat scenes.

As some of you have already mentioned, I am also disappointed the drama shied away from showing a more passionate relationship between the leads. Not necessarily kisses, but emotionally intense scenes as the novel portrayed after the 5-year separation. Both were older and more passion would be natural and make the reconciliation more credible.

I don't blame WL for this because I don't think it was his choice. My assumption is that the director and script writers made the final decision. Drama LLTG turned out to be very tamed even for a historical romance and particularly so when compared to the novel.

Would I want to see ZLS and WL again in a modern drama? Yes, but after a few years. Modern or historical drama does not really matter to me as long as it's a well developed romance. ZLS has always had good chemistry with ML and, though her rapport with WL was the best thus far, I want to see her work with other talented actors. As for WL, I am curious how I will react to the relationship chemistry in his next project. More intimate scenes do not necessarily translate to an engaging chemistry between leads.