I'm always on the hunt for a good FL likes ML first drama. My absolute favorite of this trope was Fifteen Years to Wait for Migratory Birds. The FL liked him for so long and was so unwavering but there was a lot of angst and she quietly persisted in her love while he had multiple different girlfriends throughout the drama. But by the end the ML was deeply in love too. Something like that is ideal. I've seen a lot of dramas with this trope but I prefer something more melancholic and angsty. BUT if it's done well then a more lighthearted drama is ok too, Twinkling Watermelon's second couple Cheongah and Yichan were perfect, I wish the whole drama was just them lmao.  Lighter and Princess is another example with this trope and the vibe I'm looking for but I definitely didn't like it nearly as much as FYTWFMB because the ML wasn't likable at all imo. Any country is fine and I'm okay with sad and open endings.  Please only recommend dramas where it's the main couple with this trope.

emeraldarrows:

Thank you for the reply! Have a Crush on You and Smile seem to be what I'm looking for!  I've seen Hidden Love and a bit of Koi wa Tzuzuku yo Doko Made mo and I'm just really not about those lead female characters. Thank you so much for the other recs though, I appreciate it!

I lovee dramas of this category 

I like when FL falls in love first and then Ml also gets attached/ falls in love for her 

I LOVE melonchony/ angst too 

There are very few good dramas with that trope imo:(

Some i can think of are 

The Forbidden flower ( chinese) 

Rich man poor woman ( Not much angst but yeah) 

Also,

Husband in law ( Thai)

Sandhya:

I lovee dramas of this category 

I like when FL falls in love first and then Ml also gets attached/ falls in love for her 

I LOVE melonchony/ angst too 

There are very few good dramas with that trope imo:(

Some i can think of are 

The Forbidden flower ( chinese) 

Rich man poor woman ( Not much angst but yeah) 

Also,

Husband in law ( Thai)

I love this trope so much. I wish it was done more often but in a better way. I want angst damn it lmao. I want the woman to have to pine, it's always the man these days. 

I've seen Husband in Law but that FL drove me crazy lmao she was insane. I haven't seen the others though, thank you so much for the recs. The Forbidden Flower is next on my list!

Badass Bunny:

A love so beautiful

Itazura na kiss (all versions)

I've seen both of these and I really liked A Love So Beautiful but Itazura na Kiss in almost all of its versions has the worst FL ever lmao. Thank you for the reply though!

Edit: I'm going through your red flag list though and adding a bunch of dramas. I am also a sucker for that kind of shit lmao

looktothestars:

I love this trope so much. I wish it was done more often but in a better way. I want angst damn it lmao. I want the woman to have to pine, it's always the man these days. 

I've seen Husband in Law but that FL drove me crazy lmao she was insane. I haven't seen the others though, thank you so much for the recs. The Forbidden Flower is next on my list!

Ikr its always the man who pines these days and there are very few dramas where its from girls..

Anyways , about MY HUSBAND IN LAW - Did u confuse it with MY FOREVER SUNSHINE ( another mark drama) ?? Cos i remember both are dramas where fl falls for ml first but the girl from my forever sunshine was crazy & insane that i had to drop that drama cos of her. I found her really selfish and annoying too. Whereas - husband in law, idk as far as i remember she loved him really sooo much. And she wasnt annoying.. She was NOT exactly like FLs in itazurana kiss versions but she was kinda like she had this crush on him for years that she couldnt get rid off so.. She got hurt a lot and pined for him for soo long that i felt for her.. So i dont know if u will like that drama.. Anyway if u like angst , forbidden flower has lots of angst. 

I suggest u to see RICH MAN POOR WOMAN too.. Especially if u want to see love/ longing and pursuit from side of FL

"Hot Young Bloods" - It's a K-movie and fits accordingly. 

I actually made a list about this here:

Link