So I’m going to send them a direct message and ask them to add Vietnamese to the system. I suggest everyone else does, too. If they say this is something that should be posted here in the forums, I’ll just say we have been doing that for ages already and no one is responding or looking at them. Is anyone here  who knows anything about computer systems willing to donate time/energy into helping them with this? If you know how to do this, you can offer up your service or expertise. If I knew how, I would have done this the second I started watching Vietnamese dramas and shows. Just a suggestion. But needless to say, we should contact them directly. Maybe if we bombard them with these requests, they will just do it already lol. I need to get my Nguyen Ba Vinh and Mai Vu Luan (especially hottie Mai Vu Luan 🥵🔥) in this system!!!

Just so everyone knows, I recently emailed and asked Admins to take a look at this thread and do something about it and then close the thread.  I haven't received any response so far.  I've asked twice.  

Has anyone made a non-MDL site, like World of BL, for Vietnam or SE Asia? Maybe we could go old school and make our own on a forum hosting site? (That's what I have experience setting up, perhaps there's a different platform which would be better.) I don't minding tracking with my own spreadsheet but even lists of basic info would help me find them and decide what to watch.

Trying to do everything for a country or genre in a single thread on this forum means so much information disappears into the depths. If MDL isn't interested in helping us, let's find a way to do it ourselves.

(I can't code or host a site. I can write synopses & reviews for what I watch and set up & moderate a phpBB forum site on a hosting service. What other skills and resources do we have?)

Elisheva:
What other skills and resources do we have?

I'm a graphic designer, happy to help make things pretty!

Please add vietnam !!!

Passed 700 votes lol mods just do it. 

Something something all I want for christmas is vietnam

Couldn't agree more. It's definitely time to add Vietnam 🇻🇳

Add vietnamese films!!!! I'd be more than happy to contribute countless of vietnamese films coming to fruitation. 

its 2024 can't keep sleeping on vietnamese shows MDL happy to assist in gathering shows and such as well :)

Wow! More than 700 votes. Does Vietnam really produce good dramas and movies. Because I have neither seen one nor heard of one, not anywhere. Even in MDL I have not seen anyone promoting or talking about Vietnamese content. Apart from this post which only talks about adding vietnam.
Just curiosity!

i’ve personally only ever seen vietnamese bls and there are definitely a few of those around! the first company to come to mind is o2 productions, they release a lot on youtube. 

thanks for o2 production

Whenever Vietnam is discussed on this post, people only talk about bl. Are mostly bl dramas produced there?  No offense but LGBTQ+ content is not in my priority. If there is any material on other genre tag themes, from veitnam  I would definitely like to explore it. thanks.

i don’t think they produce mostly lgbt content or anything that must just be what you and i have seen, especially since MDL doesn’t have any vietnam titles :(  wish i could help you find others that suit your taste but i’d definitely encourage you to go looking elsewhere, they have some good content out there.