I think one of the reasons  why Vietnam isn't being added is because there's virtually no English subtitles. Filipino films are added because they have English subtitles, and almost half their films are spoken in English too.

Is there any Vietnamese speaker here that want to maybe form subtitle groups? Maybe that'll help spread Vietnamese films more and convince MyDramaList to add Vietnam.

Subtitling isn't hard per se, what's hard is finding where to post them without being copyrighted, and keeping up with it.

Proud of everyone keeping the good fight going for 6 years to promote Vietnamese dramas for MyDramaList. I am not the most active drama watcher nowadays, but I still feel happy when I get notifications for responses to this thread.

Adding Vietnam is so overdue now - it should have happened when the post was created, but here we still are asking for it to be allowed in the database sooooo many years later.

I keep a list on a note-taking platform, specifically because I want to keep track of the Viet dramas and movies I have watched so that I can assist in adding them one day when we are allowed to.

Having them on the database will make it easier for more people to find them and give the Viet production houses an increased chance of funding future releases, and maybe adding paid subtitlers, but at least ensuring the viewership is enough to support fansubs on the official versions.

I believe the same, I think Mydramalist may underestimate the impact it has on the drama watching community. It is the GO-TO place for finding out about dramas among fan beyond the most casual level. It is where pretty much everyone organizes to talk about and recommend shows, and the existence, or lack of existence, for various shows and countries has a pretty huge impact on the international drama watching viewer base.

Is it possible to force the website's hand by adding Vietnamese works on already existing country tags?

TTVN:

Is it possible to force the website's hand by adding Vietnamese works on already existing country tags?

No, they'll be rejected.

Which will add to the mods' workload, but mods also have to reject every attempt to add a tag made through the (Vote or add a tag) link on a drama's page and the devs can't even be bothered to change that wording.

I think fans' best bet is to join together to make our own site for Vietnamese and other SE Asian dramas.

Elisheva:

No, they'll be rejected.

Which will add to the mods' workload, but mods also have to reject every attempt to add a tag made through the (Vote or add a tag) link on a drama's page and the devs can't even be bothered to change that wording.

I think fans' best bet is to join together to make our own site for Vietnamese and other SE Asian dramas.

This does sound more plausible, but I doubt it'll stay afloat since not many people watch SEA works. The point of wanting to add Vietnam to Mydramalist is to bring exposure to the country's media.

In Myanimelist, people are still adding Chinese animated works under the Japanese tag, and it all goes through, so idk...

TTVN:

This does sound more plausible, but I doubt it'll stay afloat since not many people watch SEA works. The point of wanting to add Vietnam to Mydramalist is to bring exposure to the country's media.

In Myanimelist, people are still adding Chinese animated works under the Japanese tag, and it all goes through, so idk...

Yeah, getting sustainable critical mass is difficult. Though this thread would be a steady source of new people :)  But it might be better than nothing.

May as well try your idea to confirm.

Oh duh, check out Letterboxd. They have a fair bit of Thai drama in their database. Search is best by title so I can't see what they have for Vietnamese series. Socials are weak but you can make lists, follow others and keep of record of what you've seen.

There are quite a lot of Vietnamese BL dramas out there but we need to giv them credit. They recently produced some really good shows. For me the standouts are: 

1. Want to see you
2. Love Bill
3. Mr. Cinderella (Season-1)

I do love Nguyen Ba Vihn, but Mr. Cinderella 2 had such a disapointing ending.