ATOTS ALL THE WAY FOR ME TOO.  IT IS MY FAVORITE (BL) SERIES EVER! I GET IT WHY BB IS BEING HYPED SO MUCH COZ IT GOT ALL THE UNI STYLE  CHEMISTRY AND CLASH WITH TEASING AND THE PHENOMENAL KISS. I THINK THAT KISS ON THE ROOFTOP JUST SKYROCKETTED ITS POPULARITY. BUT ATOTS IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT SERIES THAT DOESNT CONFORM TO THE BL STEREOTYPES. IT HAD THE OUTSTANDING CHEMISTRY WITHOUT EVEN BEING PHYSICAL AT ALL. NOW HOWZAT? OFC PEOPLE MIGHT THINK ATOTS TOOK A DIP AFTER EP 8 DUE TO THE SUPPOSED MELODRAMA BUT IT THINK IT WASNT MELODRAMA AT ALL. UT WAS RESONABLE BECAUSE IT INVOLVED A DEAD PERSON FFS WHO THEY LOVED SO MUCH. AND NOTHING MADE ME CRY LIKE THE LAST TWO EPISODES EVER. AND ATOTS HAS GOT KIDS! SORRY KIDS ARE THE WINNER HERE. ATOTS FOR THE WIN!

For me, while ATOTS is more of the feelings, sentiments and y'know the melo they had. BB is more on the fun side with just the right tropes destroyed and showing us a newer era to everyone in the BL world!

P.S: Love both of them!

I've watched a lot of BL series so far, and nothing can compare with Bad Buddy. In my own opinion, I think Bad Buddy is 100% better than Tale of Thousand Stars. The chemistry of Bad Buddy is way better, the plot is better, the production is better, and every actors nailed it! Overall, I would give Bad Buddy a 10/10, while I'd give Tale of Thousand Stars around 8/10.

I am a tale of a thousand star anti? Me why on Earth do i despise such a lovely piece of thai literature?

Cos it pissed me off. Made no sense to me. How two young, single, hot, sexually active, reasonably healthy as in not dying at the moment, guys whom are obviously sexually attracted to each other... don't get together till the last episode. Honestly, there is no piece of writing or explanation that could explain or justify such arrent bullshit. How in the 12? 14 eps of the whole thing did they treat everything under the sun except their relationship. A romance bl? Nonsense and ingredients

Maryam Baruwa:

I am a tale of a thousand star anti? Me why on Earth do i despise such a lovely piece of thai literature?

Cos it pissed me off. Made no sense to me. How two young, single, hot, sexually active, reasonably healthy as in not dying at the moment, guys whom are obviously sexually attracted to each other... don't get together till the last episode. Honestly, there is no piece of writing or explanation that could explain or justify such arrent bullshit. How in the 12? 14 eps of the whole thing did they treat everything under the sun except their relationship. A romance bl? Nonsense and ingredients

They were together ffs? Do you need f*king s*x and kisses to validate a relationship or what? You are just a big disgrace in the name of love and pining! Not every culture has kiss as the first thing to go for in a relationship. And for gods sake, it’s a gay relationship with the Mfing forest ranger(they had to change phupha from military man to forest ranger because they could get in trouble for that) YEAH THEY COULD GET IN TROUBLE FOR THAT! You could just say your opinion peacefully but you come here being this dumb anti and hating on shows! Get a life man!

I'm insulted. It seems whenever a show is criticized. Those that defend revert to the oh a show doesn't need to have sex scenes bla bla bla excuse to somehow paint the criticism as coming from a narrow minded lust fueled space. Where as a bl otaku i must be shivering to see naked bodies

I resent that accusation. I have been in bl since the days of 2moons. My favorite bl is sotus. My dislike for atots started right from when mix entered that village. He becomes a good teacher, the kids love him. He helps the villagers. Good boy . his carelessness with his heart medication after that girl had to get hit by a car to keep you alive all that didn't matter because he had a mission

Why did you come here? For retribution. A chance to love. So where was the love bitch. How did you and phupha not love till the very end. Mans was lonely mans needed a boyfriend. But nope we didn't even get that and it made no sense. What was keeping them apart?? Nothing. Plot progression was shit. So madam/ sir judgey from the internet from your perch of self righteousness is why i hate a atots. Good day

LOLZ ? I wasn’t judging you but maybe kinda:) idc . In my defence, how many times I do I have to state that were “L.O.V.I.N.G “each other from the very start. They might not have said the word or did any physical but they were still in love. Sometimes love is so beautiful that you don’t need to but a name like boyfriends to it. And tian was there only for a few months by the end of which they were already deeply in love. They were so much in love that they thought of the other person more than their own. It was only 2 years ofc tian has to get his education. It was his right and also the only means to become a certified teacher so they can live the rest of their lives there. Simple and beautifully put. See? And good day to you as well. Have a great day hating ATOTS.

I'm not fighting with you. But quite genuinely....why the drama. He left like he was on exile. No contact? No hey boo just passing by? Ani

Nope. There were obvious plot holes. The director overreached and didn't pace the story properly. That simple. It irks me. A good budget, a good platform, beautiful actors and that's all we get??! Lol

It's well in kwangya.

Why the drama?? because IT IS a drama.? sorry I can’t with you

On a serious note, they were so much in love! So being away literally thousands of miles away in the US felt like a sure exile to both of them. Phupha was living literally in the hills where’s there is no connectivity and he couldn’t go to meet him because of his job there as a ranger and he was also broke af. It’s not like they could FaceTime anytime and say how’s your day boo? I miss you and call each other every minute. Ofc there was no need to do this exile but it was that villain self occupied mom who forced tian to go there. Typical Asian parents much?

Also I’m not saying ATOTS is perfect ofc it has its own lackings. But still those lackings don’t justify your hate on it. It is unnecessary and strictly from your own taste if there’s any after all this. 

Anyway, if you’re not satisfied with their love. Their upcoming series has a lot of love and yeah love? so waiting for that now

Maryam Baruwa:

Hmm. I don't know how to go about your comment. Most people, if they said that they didn't like ATOTS I looked at their reasoning and can 100% see where they were coming from. With this comment, I really don't know how to feel. For one, ATOTS only had 10 episodes, which is two less than the usual GMMTV run time. I can say that ATOTS is more focused on the character development of Tian and the plot than they are on the "BL" part of it, so I can see why some people couldn't enjoy ATOTS if they were only really there for the physical intimacy of it all. 

This show isn't for everyone! I for one love slow-burns, I love watching two people fall in love, I love the build-up of tension (The longing stares, the almost-kisses, the subtle flirtatious comments) I enjoyed watching Tian and Phupha fall in love more than anything, even more than their kiss at the end. 

I can understand wanting more BL in a BL but your comment caught me off guard. The "sexually active" one really threw me off. Nowhere in the series is it mentioned that either of them has/had ever had sex before or even after. It's very subtlely hinted at in the very last scene, and they might have a few dirty jokes here and there, but never was there a mention of them doing it with past partners or with each other. Maybe possibly you are talking about the book? I haven't read the book, so there's a possibility that it was mentioned there, but from what I can remember (and I might be wrong) it was never said in the series. 

Again, you make the argument that they "treated everything under the sun except their relationship." but throughout the entire series, it was obvious they were building up towards that. Tian mentions to Tul that he likes Phupha. Yod, Nam, and Rang all tease Phupha about his closeness and relationship with Tian. They both had plenty of implicated lines that were obvious flirting. Every scene that they had together was sensual and romantic (besides them arguing) completed with slow and passionate music in the background (again, to add in that they had their longingly stares, almost kisses, nights together and alone), it might've not been outright said, but if you pay attention, it's there. Did you just disregard every romantic moment they had (before they kissed)? Phupha even kisses Tian on the forehead at the airport. This is for sure a romance BL. I think you mean to say "erotic" BL. There is very little physical intimacy, and yes, most of it is at the end. Which is fine! if a BL for some is only good with heat scenes then that's your prerogative. Do I understand? No, not at all, but I can come to respect it. 

Maryam Baruwa:
I'm insulted. It seems whenever a show is criticized. Those that defend revert to the oh a show doesn't need to have sex scenes bla bla bla excuse to somehow paint the criticism as coming from a narrow minded lust fueled space.

You try and divert the argument to say that people that like ATOTS' only argument to people who didn't enjoy is that the "show doesn't need sex scenes Bla Bla Bla." But that is literally your problem with the show, that there isn't any physical intimacy. So hypocrisy is happening here? Yes or no? And for your favorite show to be Sotus, your problem with ATOTS is making further confusing sense to me. Sotus is on the same wave with ATOTS when it comes to becoming a couple/intimate. They also have a slow build-up, subtle flirting, and I believe about two kisses if my memory serves me right. They maybe had more episodes than ATOTS to develop their relationship, but their progression is no more or less than ATOTS.

Maryam Baruwa:
I resent that accusation. I have been in bl since the days of 2moons. My favorite bl is sotus. My dislike for atots started right from when mix entered that village. He becomes a good teacher, the kids love him. He helps the villagers. Good boy . his carelessness with his heart medication after that girl had to get hit by a car to keep you alive all that didn't matter because he had a mission

You say "Mix" but I believe you're talking about his character Tian, and not him as himself. I can understand your hate for Tian. He didn't take care of his body, he was a bit snobby and arrogant at the beginning. Understandable. But you never mention any of that in your initial post. Only that they don't get together until the end. Did you only mention it cause someone called you out for it? If you were speaking about Mix as in, maybe you didn't like his acting, then again, I get it (I think his acting was phenomenal for a rookie, but that's a personal opinion). 

Maryam Baruwa:
Why did you come here? For retribution. A chance to love. So where was the love bitch. How did you and phupha not love till the very end. Mans was lonely mans needed a boyfriend. But nope we didn't even get that and it made no sense. What was keeping them apart?? Nothing. Plot progression was shit.

This is laughable. Tian's reason for coming to the village was because he found out that Torfun was the donor of his heart and wanted to finish out her goals when he finds her journal. Tian was not there for revenge (maybe to avenge her death, but not because it was a punishment (again, Tian choose to go to the village, he was not forced)), nor was his initial intention to find love. He just happened to find love, but his reason for going to the village was not for "a chance to love".  Find love in himself? Maybe. Find love for his new heart? Possibly. But never was he like, "Yes, I'm going all the way to a rural village to find my future husband." no, not the case at all. Maybe you can make the argument that one of Torfun's wishes was for Phupha to love someone wholeheartedly, but Tian didn't go in with the expectations that Phupha would end up falling for him. 

I feel like you watched this entire series with one eye and ear open. You can't even explain the plot correctly, you don't see the "romance" until the last episode (coincidentally the only episode where they kiss) It feels like you skipped all of their scenes that didn't involve their lips touching. 

If you do want a series with Earth and Mix where it gets a bit spicier, then I recommend Moonlight Chicken when it comes out! I wonder what your opinion will be then. 

Cmon maryam you just changed your BL group’s profile photo from 1000 stars to my boy suddenly after this? Lol 

Don’t be a hater? Did they not find love ?

Who is this weird person that knows me it seems

like i said. I have issues with the plot progression. I would rather not argue. Since we don't agree. I won't back down. I still think it wasn't anything to write home about. Between this and don't say no. I'd rather a prosperous New year. And p.s i changed the d.p to my boy cos i reviewed it today. 

like i said. I have issues with the plot progression. I would rather not argue. Since we don't agree. I won't back down. I still think it wasn't anything to write home about. Between this and don't say no. I'd rather a prosperous New year. And p.s i changed the d.p to my boy cos i reviewed it today. 

Hi everyone, I understand that we very passionate about supporting our favourite series. But let's please take a step back and be civil with each other ok?

We can agree to disagree, and all of our opinions are valid as long as we respect one another. Each series, including Bad Buddy has their own respective flaws, and have different audiences and focus. Sometimes it's also not possible to objectively compare which one is better.

That said, keep sharing and discussing here with a positive mindset!