What type of role do you want to see Leo Wu in?

I don't know about you but I really want to see him as a villain. Like some of those revenge scenes in LLTG, where kinda I guess was villain like. But I think that Leo Wu would act out a villain role flawlessly, I kinda imagine it like the villain in Vincenzo, with the two sided personality, to people who don't know he's bad he would be all cheery and then to his enemies he becomes really dark and sinister.

imagine:

I don't know about you but I really want to see him as a villain. Like some of those revenge scenes in LLTG, where kinda I guess was villain like. But I think that Leo Wu would act out a villain role flawlessly, I kinda imagine it like the villain in Vincenzo, with the two sided personality, to people who don't know he's bad he would be all cheery and then to his enemies he becomes really dark and sinister.

If we are talking about modern era, I would love Wu Lei in a crime show! A clever detective who solves difficult cases. I loved Vincenzo and to get a role like this would be amazing as well. Like the Robin Hood of corporate corruption. :) If a costume drama, I want him to stay away from Xianxia, I can't get into immortal beings. I like more realistic characters. I hope he stars in a Republic era, I love the costume of this era most but dramas based on this era is so sad! He's such a good actor in emotional scenes, I'd cry a river with him. 

Who does everyone want him to pair up with in the future?

I've always believed actors who are fortunate will find one costar they have the most chemistry  onscreen with, I think he's found her in Zhao Lusi. I don't want to hope they pair up again because I am asking too much, if destined, they will pair up again. He is getting older and will find plenty of actresses to star with and I look forward to them all no matter who they are.

NinaV:
I hope he stars in a Republic era, I love the costume of this era

I could definitely see him in a Republic era drama. 

NinaV:

hmm, I not so sure about this because I haven't seen many c-dramas and am still unfamiliar with many actresses, but on that note I'm looking forward to seeing him in the Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Wang Quan with Yu Shu Xin, not sure if he is a immortal being in that though... 

imagine:
I don't know about you but I really want to see him as a villain.

oh, i don't know if i'd like that.  lol.  i'm currently watching a drama and one of the villains is played by someone i enjoy watching and i'm talking to the screen (aka myself) "why is he the villain?  i don't want riley to be playing a villain."  lol.  i'm a dork.  but i know actors like to choose different roles to challenge themselves.  also, i pretty much only watch c-dramas, so sorry if i don't understand references to korean dramas =p  

NinaV:

hmm... not sure.  he's so young.  he's like the youngest person on my list of favorite chinese actors.  maybe tian xi wei 田曦薇?  she's close to his age and i think she was such a cutie in new life begins.

purpleh2o:

oh, i don't know if i'd like that.  lol.  i'm currently watching a drama and one of the villains is played by someone i enjoy watching and i'm talking to the screen (aka myself) "why is he the villain?  i don't want riley to be playing a villain."  lol.  i'm a dork.  but i know actors like to choose different roles to challenge themselves.  also, i pretty much only watch c-dramas, so sorry if i don't understand references to korean dramas =p  

hmm... not sure.  he's so young.  he's like the youngest person on my list of favorite chinese actors.  maybe tian xi wei 田曦薇?  she's close to his age and i think she was such a cutie in new life begins.

True, he is still so young. I still find it so strange how young he is because he's mature beyond his years. His wit and charisma is by far superstar level. Having a career that spans decades already is surprising, I admire him for this. He's a grounded person.

imagine:

Same here, I want him to challenge himself with a villain role, someone with a split personality...I know he would ace it. It would also be great to play in a slice of life type of drama, just an average joe type character, struggling with life, having family problems, money...whatever...though I also want to see his  Ashile Sun's mane of glory back too so I wouldn't mind xianxia tbh (sorry @NinaV)

NinaV:

I'm so looking forward to his cooperation with Zhao Jin Mai in 'During The Storm', I think they will look good together+ they're both young and talented actors.  Zhang Jingyi (Lighter and Princess) would be a nice choice too.

i'm not sure what you all follow or see but i saw these pictures on youku's fb page last week-ish:

purpleh2o:
i'm not sure what you all follow or see

I don't follow anyone because I don't own any account, but I still occasionally check his insta. These photos however are quite stunning.

I'm currently watching TLB and am quite enjoying it, and it raised a question, who does the dubbing for Leo Wu, I tried searching but couldn't find anything and was wondering if he did it himself. Also, because of your post, purpleh2o, I went down a rabbit hole and watched Leo Wu's episode of Marvelous City, this I figured should have his real voice, his character in TLB Ashile Sun I'm pretty sure is dubbed, but I'm unsure whether his other characters are dubbed or done by himself, and I'm not very good with voices so I can't tell.

imagine:
These photos however are quite stunning.

i quite like this set too.  i think the blue really pops. 

imagine:
I'm currently watching TLB and am quite enjoying it, and it raised a question, who does the dubbing for Leo Wu, I tried searching but couldn't find anything and was wondering if he did it himself.

ooh, the long ballad was my first leo drama!  i looked up chinese wikipedia and in the long ballad, leo was dubbed by someone named 張福正 zhang fu zheng.  and in this video here, the first guy is the dubber.  and the rest are the roles he has dubbed.  sometimes wiki provides the info and other times, it doesn't.  i don't know if that means no one entered the information or if the actors used their own voices.  i usually will watch an episode or two of variety shows to hear actors' real voices if i'm curious.  

imagine:

I don't follow anyone because I don't own any account, but I still occasionally check his insta. These photos however are quite stunning.

I'm currently watching TLB and am quite enjoying it, and it raised a question, who does the dubbing for Leo Wu, I tried searching but couldn't find anything and was wondering if he did it himself. Also, because of your post, purpleh2o, I went down a rabbit hole and watched Leo Wu's episode of Marvelous City, this I figured should have his real voice, his character in TLB Ashile Sun I'm pretty sure is dubbed, but I'm unsure whether his other characters are dubbed or done by himself, and I'm not very good with voices so I can't tell.

I was listening to TLB and I'm pretty positive WL's voice is dubbed. I can't always tell but I have noticed when its dubbed, the dubber's voice sound more clear and doesn't mix well with whatever is happening in the background...I can't explain it, for sure when its not dubbed its sounds more natural from the breathing of the actor to each word spoken. I hate it when its dubbed, can't stand it. LOL Probably why I loved Ling Buyi, only historical drama I seen where WL isn't dubbed.

NinaV:
I was listening to TLB and I'm pretty positive WL's voice is dubbed. I can't always tell but I have noticed when its dubbed, the dubber's voice sound more clear and doesn't mix well with whatever is happening in the background.

yes, I found somewhere where it said it was dubbed and his past projects where dubbed as well. I agree that have the clearer dubbed voice doesn't mix well with surrounding noise. after doing a wild search I learnt that his character in LLTG isn't dubbed and is his real voice, I think he did very well with that and my respect for him has increased. Hopefully, in his future projects he will continue to use his own voice...

imagine:

yes, I found somewhere where it said it was dubbed and his past projects where dubbed as well. I agree that have the clearer dubbed voice doesn't mix well with surrounding noise. after doing a wild search I learnt that his character in LLTG isn't dubbed and is his real voice, I think he did very well with that and my respect for him has increased. Hopefully, in his future projects he will continue to use his own voice...

It could be because he is getting older, he prefers to use his own voice? WL is quite independent in business ventures, he chooses his own work and I'm sure we will be hearing his real voice more often from now on. No major characters in LLTG were dubbed which I found surprising considered it is a historical drama and China's known to dub most historical dramas. Could be because director Fei is too cool to get his characters dubbed. LOL

I love listening to WL talk, I hope he doesn't get dubbed anymore. I also hope he gets a legit comedic role one day, he's so hilarious in real life.

NinaV:
I also hope he gets a legit comedic role one day, he's so hilarious in real life.

yess yess yess. I 100% agree, I really want to see him in that type of role. One of the reasons I prefer FBS over LLTG and TLB is because he plays a more light-hearted character that smiles often in FBS. Whereas in LLTG and TLB, he plays a more stern and serious character. My favourite scene from LLTG is when he is at the Cheng's house and tells a 'joke', it's my favourite because of the pure look of delight in his eyes (I also found this scene really hilarious) which was rare to see in LLTG. That brings me to the point of he is really good at acting with his eyes.

in case you would like to rewatch that scene it's in episode 26, 32 minutes in.

Look at how delighted he is :D, at least that is how I translated it.

imagine:

yess yess yess. I 100% agree, I really want to see him in that type of role. One of the reasons I prefer FBS over LLTG and TLB is because he plays a more light-hearted character that smiles often in FBS. Whereas in LLTG and TLB, he plays a more stern and serious character. My favourite scene from LLTG is when he is at the Cheng's house and tells a 'joke', it's my favourite because of the pure look of delight in his eyes (I also found this scene really hilarious) which was rare to see in LLTG. That brings me to the point of he is really good at acting with his eyes.

in case you would like to rewatch that scene it's in episode 26, 32 minutes in.

Look at how delighted he is :D, at least that is how I translated it.

LMAO, yes, one of my favorite scenes in LLTG. Ling Buyi was such a complex character and WL was so perfect as him. WL showed LBY just by using his eyes, he's brilliant.

1. What was your first drama/movie featuring Leo Wu?
The Long Ballad.

2. What drew you to Leo Wu?
His story of how he adopted Xiao Bei

3. What is your favourite drama/movie featuring Leo Wu?
Love Like Galaxy T^T

4. Anything you have in common?
I guess we're both crackheads HAHAHAH sometimes he really behaves like he only has 1 braincell

5. Why did you decide to join the fandom? 
After I've seen his professionalism and dedication to acting. Plus, he's realllly whipped for Xiao Bei T_T It's really cute to see their interactions together