Thank you!!! I really wish I could spend more time to practice. But I am still at it ?.

editor333:

The most difficult process for me was and still is the voiceover! Especially in Bulgarian https://unimedia.io/voices/bulgarian  (Don't even ask me why I need it). Audacity. An audio editor that you can use to overlay voice over music. Popular as a software for creating and mixing podcasts. In addition to being able to record voice from microphone, line input and other sources, you can also take finished tracks or buy them separately from the guys.

you can do this in iMovie

i use vegas and im happy with it

Hey there!

Diving into the world of video editing is super exciting, and you're right, there's a ton of talent out there to get inspired by. Starting with Adobe Premiere is a solid choice. It's like the Swiss Army knife of video editing – pretty much anything you want to do, Premiere can handle it.

First things first, getting the hang of Premiere can be a bit like learning to ride a bike. It might seem tricky at first, but once you get the basics, you'll be zooming along. There are heaps of tutorials online – YouTube is your best friend here. Look for beginner guides; they'll walk you through step-by-step.

Now, about other software. If Premiere feels too complex, you might want to try something a bit simpler. Apps like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker are great for starters. They're more like riding a scooter – easier to handle but still get you where you need to go.

For music and clips, you've got options. Websites like Pixabay and Pexels offer free video clips. For music, check out sites like Free Music Archive or YouTube's Audio Library. Just make sure to check the license – you want to play nice and legal with other people's work.

Remember, practice makes perfect. Play around with the tools, try new things, and don't be afraid to mess up. It's all part of the learning process. And most importantly, have fun with it! Video editing is a fantastic way to express your creativity.

Good luck, and happy editing! ??

Thank you so much for such an encouraging post! I have recently acquired, let's say, a content creator's (that was the marketing tag line) laptop ?.  So I am still at it.

It's great that you want to dive into video editing. If you're looking for user-friendly software, consider trying CapCut, which is beginner-friendly and suitable for creating FMVs and personal videos. While Adobe Premiere is a powerful tool, CapCut might provide a more straightforward experience for those starting out.

For music and video clips, you can explore platforms like YouTube's Audio Library, where you can find a variety of royalty-free music. Additionally, websites like Pexels, Pixabay, and Unsplash offer free stock footage. Always ensure that you have the right permissions and licenses for any content you use.

As you're already checking online tutorials, don't hesitate to watch guides specifically for CapCut to understand its features better. Learning from experienced creators can provide valuable insights into their processes and help you find your own style.

Happy editing, and enjoy the creative journey! ?✨

Thank you to all the contributors. I'll use your tips to learn basic video editing. I create short videos primarily for education and use ClipChamp for minor editing.

Spend some time getting to know the layout of Adobe Premiere. Identify where the main features are, such as the timeline, preview window, and tool panels. Learn how to import media, arrange and cut clips on the timeline, and apply basic transitions. There are many free tutorials available online that can guide you through the process of editing. YouTube, for example, has channels dedicated to video editing skills12.