Thanks guys! It may just be the dub that its giving me pause. If Taiwanese is not that different there shouldnt be a reason for me to dislike mainland Chinese I suppose. But I never liked dubbed media, ahah xD

Komentator isenk:

i think you can. I have the same problem like you, but quite the opposite actually, i love c-drama but not really used to/like (you can say) with Korean language. But upon often watch it. I'm more and more used to with Korean language now. 

So yeah if you like the c-drama or getting used to with it, i think you gonna be withstand the language. 

Try watching movie or short drama first... 

Is here such a thing as a short Chinese series?  I prefer  the plot development in series, but  Chinese ones seem to be all extremely long, they take some patience and commitment! I should say, watching from the UK, so mostly on Netflix or YouTube.

Coriander:

Is here such a thing as a short Chinese series?  I prefer  the plot development in series, but  Chinese ones seem to be all extremely long, they take some patience and commitment! I should say, watching from the UK, so mostly on Netflix or YouTube.

yes there is... Of course not all is good. And by short i mean 5-20 min top if i'm not mistaken... The one you can finished in 1 sitting. Like watching movie

Here is my list that i think worth watching: https://mydra-alist.com/list/4a6jRj21

Some of it available on YouTube some you have to find piracy web. 

Thanks, I’ll give it a look. 

I like the sound of Mandarin but the only time I find it annoying is when the dubbing doesn't match the lip movements of the actors. I can't watch that in any language though.

I would just suggest to keep watching and you'll get used to it or keep the volume low since you'll be reading the subtitles anyway.

And yes, there are many short cdramas. I didn't realise how many they produce. I once came across a 2 min episode drama and thought it was silly that they restricted it to such a short duration and thus didn't do justice to the story. But surprisingly there are many that are 1 - 5 mins length episode dramas. You can search the tag Short Length Series while picking China and drama as options on MDL.