karanja:

I thought Lee Rang  doesn't have to live very long, but in the last episode he even managed to live 6 month and I'm sure if he didn't sacrifice himself he would have lived even longer? Because he mentioned, that he lived already longer then the normal livespan of a half fox. So I'm wondering why he is totaly fine o.O

I think because he's being familiar (tied with the ring) with the director where the director is being tied with Imoogi.

But that doesn't make him live longer or? He also would need the fruits to live longer.

missreviews:

But with only a slight distinction between Yeon's sacrifice and Bok Gil's forward act in killing himself, why couldn't Taluipa do anything? I think the show's writers should've made Taluipa's motive in supporting Yeon because she couldn't support her son stronger and more believable. It comes out as if she never cared about her child. 

I think the show tried to depict a lot of characters, and Taluipa's was just one they couldn't really develop as well. I think they tried to make it seem like she wanted to redeem herself as a mother by trying to bring back Yeon (because he's like a son to her), but I can see why it's weird in comparison to her actions with her actual son. 

karanja:

But that doesn't make him live longer or? He also would need the fruits to live longer.

From what I believe, LR was "going to die" because the Director set a 48-hour limit for LR to bring him LY. That was the Director's request of repayment for saving LR back then. Foxes have to repay the favor or else they'll die. However, after the whole switching of identities strategy between LR and LY, they were able to trick the Director, make him change his request so LR could repay the favor and be freed from his debt and was able to keep living.

karanja:

I thought Lee Rang  doesn't have to live very long, but in the last episode he even managed to live 6 month and I'm sure if he didn't sacrifice himself he would have lived even longer? Because he mentioned, that he lived already longer then the normal livespan of a half fox. So I'm wondering why he is totaly fine o.O

I think he got the life span of the soul that is in the kwarri he inhaled last time (the one imoogi gave him). That's why when he was talking to the ceo in the car he said "I only have one human life to live now"

I feel like the reason why Lee Rang was reincarnate anew as a little boy is because he is an individual that have sinned with his act of killing mortals. Hell has always wanted to capture him because his lifespan had ran out early on, only extended due to the life force from the cherry. Thus, him being half human and half fox is also a factor to hell where losing his immortality and fox powers can very well be the atonement of his sins. Perhaps his act of trading his life actually helped him to have hell decide his reincarnation to be slightly earlier with a happier family this time (due to his birth being unfair from the start as he was abused).

Yeon's reincarnation as his present self is mainly because he didn't actually disintegrate like Imoogi and also because he still have the will to live in terms of meeting NJA (remember the fox bead that still exist in the present world which potentially anchor him to another dimension). Bokgil being disintegrated was a case where he has no will to live thus a "suicide" leading to no reincarnation. Suicide is a big taboo in the reincarnation myth which is almost like a forbidden rule that can't be broken. Imoogi was always an evil creature so the river likely has a purify effect. Yeon still has such a long lifespan by being immortal due to his celestial fox status so he have both the will to live and is consider pure enough to deter the purify effect. At most, the river weakens his strength, purify the imoogi scale which he consumed and start to make him feel like a mortal again but he slowly gains back his powers once he left the river for good.

Or, hell commissioned him to hunt down evil spirit full time by bestowing him the sword that gives him temporary superpower so that he have traded his celestial fox status just like how lee rang has traded his fox race in return for atoning his sins. Thus, yeon became mortal but with some powers to fulfill his job.

This are all just drama theories though which I think fits nicely to actually end the story on a closing note.

I'm just consoling myself that Rang was "killed" in the end because that is the most reasonable ending as his 'lifeline' does not belong to him (due to several Ground cherries used, so I guess it's time for him to give up those lives). Buuuut that's not the 'heroic deed' I am expecting from Rang T-T . I thought we would go humble and bend knees in front of the diety and offer his life to jump on the River instead of Yeon. 

But well. That's how it was....

This is what I think.. The 10th god is behind all this. He was impressed by their love and wanted to save both of them. So he arranged for everything. He took the Fox Marble from FL saying it will change her destiny and he changed her destiny. i.e saving both ML and FL. ( their original destiny was that one of them has to die). There is even a scene where the FL wishes that some god will take mercy on them and save both. This god did it..

When the ML wakes up, he is unable to use his powers because he has become weak because of falling into sea. Which makes him to think that he is now a human.  However during the 9 years he spent as a human....he gained back his powers slowly overtime... and he was back into his full power as the show ends..

Anyways, in legends, Gumihos can become human in the following ways:

1)    Refrain from killing and eating humans for 1000 days

2)    The human who found out a Gumiho’s true nature, must tell no one of its secret for 10 years

3)    Over a period of 100 days (other versions say 1000 days or ~3 years), Kumiho must not be detected by the human they are married to.  If the Gumiho fails on this quest, they will lose any chance of becoming human and will be a Gumiho for 1000 years

4)    Gumiho must consume the livers of 1000 humans over 1000 years. If they do not do this by the end of 1000 years, the Gumiho will dissolve in foam/bubbles

more on: https://mindmeltonabun-blog.tumblr.com/post/636632146816172032/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-explanation-of-lee-rangs

There were so many things left unsaid and conveniently unexplained that I wanted to change my rating. But a little more after thought calmed me down.

1. I think Lee Yeon never became a human. It was his choice to live as a human. He chose to cut/limit his ties with the other world since he wanted to live life with Ji Ah as an ordinary human. We as viewers are also led to believe that. He probably truly wanted to continue doing that but couldn't stop himself from going after the evil spirit when he learnt of it.

2. I think Granny knew and understood this as well. Because it does not make sense at all that since she's the one who brought him back as he was, she wouldn't know that he came back as a human. She chose to respect his decision as keep it as a secret too.

I would have liked if the writers had given a proper explanation regarding the circumstances which led to Lee Yeon coming back to life. But since we got none, I've consoled myself with the theory that the 10th God made it happen, and we already know Granny was trying to pull some strings to get Yeon back anyway. They probably worked out a deal to bring him back as he was, since he never disintegrated to begin with, he was only shown floating in the river.

I'm still lowkey confused about all of this. But let me try and structure it so you all can understand.

1) Lee Rang - I loved his character development and I really wish that he stayed alive  because I loved it when the two brothers got along. Their scenes after they made up were so heart warming to watch. Knowing how much Lee Rang cared for Lee Yeon, I didn't find it fair for him to supposedly never see him again. I wanted the brothers to live life like 'normal' (specifically in quotes) anyway. 

2) Lee Yeon - I was so confused at the last scene because it's clear that Lee Yeon isn't human and it just confused me a lot. I really wanna know what he is and I wish it was explained more. I feel like I should write more about this, but my thoughts are really simple. The ending was confusing and I wanted it to be more explained. Also, if he is pretending to be human for Ji Ah to feel safe, I would want to know how that was even possible. Like. Why was he allowed to come back with powers. ?

3) Imugi - I know it may seem weird, but Imugi was supposed to be this huge threat and while watching, i never felt 'oh wow, this is a big deal' or anything like that, you know? The writers could have at least made the character more scary or more of a prominent villain. idk.

4) Season 2 - I really want a season two for the following reasons. ONE - I want Lee Rang to come back, like he deserves! He has to return, he didn't deserve death. TWO - I want to see more of why Lee Yeon isn't human and how he is back like this. THREE - I did enjoy the show, but I feel like it isn't finished and I really want to see that because I know it's a great show, it should just have another season or even just a couple of episodes to finish it off nicely. I wish they had already done it, but nope. 

So yeah! I do have a lot more to say, I really do, but I think this is enough for now.

That's it! I would love to see more of what you guys think.

Thanks for reading this far cause ik I've written a lot ;)