Suckerforhappyendings:

but i feel like they already like each other and there's def gonna be romance 

But yurim has a family.. they could take care of the kid.. its the best friend/landlady's only daughter.. now if she had a kid there is noone to look after her child.. and hee do fits.. but then she is supposed to become best friends with YR.. and the child did at ballet what YR did at competition as a child.. same dialogue

enigmatic_zephy:

But yurim has a family.. they could take care of the kid.. its the best friend/landlady's only daughter.. now if she had a kid there is noone to look after her child.. and hee do fits.. but then she is supposed to become best friends with YR.. and the child did at ballet what YR did at competition as a child.. same dialogue

I think JiWoong would be more likely to take care of the kid if it's his best friend's kid

enigmatic_zephy:

i was implying romance between hee do and yi jin

but I'm also overly curious who's child it may be if the writer wants a sad ending tho it could be hee do's and yi jin's child itself and yi jin is no longer present with then or hee do's and someone else who she got married to 

i wish that isn't the case tho Yurim is my first guess maybe her mother passes away later?

but how about the child's father than not everyone can pass away or leave  in the drama so I'm really curious how things will unfold 

Roro2022:

A part of me (the optimistic one) also feels that this might all be just a trap and they actually have a happy ending. I understand if they'd want to "warn"  us about them not ending up together but it's just Episode 4 and they're already "too out there" with these hints. If they so desperately want us to believe that they don't end up together (desperate because within 4 episodes we've practically been given a confirmation that they won't end up together), then perhaps they will in fact be together.

1. They've used different actors to portray the older versions, perhaps to demonstrate how different the characters look after aging. Maybe that's why the daughter didn't recognise him? We've seen that happen in 18 again. 

2. Maybe he changed his name after adopting a pseudonym as a reporter? Or because of some other reason? Everything else will make sense if this point is proven right. 

Yeah I also feel they are "too out there" with these hints. And maybe if your point 1 and 2 are proven right, Heedo's mom might has dementia. Like probably her memory stops at when Yijin was in his thirties and when he hasn't changed his name (thus point no 1 and 2, and the daughter doesn't recognize the old name Yijin).  Hence the sad look given by Heedo to her mom when she said she met Yijin last month (she feels sad because of her dementia). 

Suckerforhappyendings:

i was implying romance between hee do and yi jin

but I'm also overly curious who's child it may be if the writer wants a sad ending tho it could be hee do's and yi jin's child itself and yi jin is no longer present with then or hee do's and someone else who she got married to 

i wish that isn't the case tho Yurim is my first guess maybe her mother passes away later?

but how about the child's father than not everyone can pass away or leave  in the drama so I'm really curious how things will unfold 

after ep 6, somehow i still think director will pull Reply 1988..

Heedo and Baek Yi jin are married/together.. kid for whatever reason did not recognize dad because he changed his name?

This series has such a happy vibe.. i can't see them taking this to a sad ending (breakup will definitely happen but all will end well..) Also yurim and hee do have to turn into best friends

When mom said she met Yijin a few days back, hee do wasnt' surprised.. neither did she question right?

I think maybe they just split up because that happens but I think her kid is going to get them back together after reading all the diary!

Ivy:

I think maybe they just split up because that happens but I think her kid is going to get them back together after reading all the diary!

because what happens?

enigmatic_zephy:

because what happens?

Lol sorry that sentence was more awkward in text than it might have been spoken, I now realise. I just meant people break up, drift apart, as a part of life.

Hi, just jumping in here to share my theory for fun!

Yi jin and Hee Do realized that it is love at 25 and 21. It was a healthy relationship built on mutual respect ❤️, however, the "times" decided to get it away from them. It could be a problem from Hee Do or Yi Jin's family.

They believe that it's best to support each other from a far. Just like how Hee Do did not get angry at Baek Yi Jin suddenly leaving when they're 22 and 18, and instead, still rooted for him and prayed for his happiness!

So, both of them focused on rebuilding their lives.

I think this separation could be from Hee Do's side, as they first separated at 22 and 18 due to Yi Jin's side.

So, fast forward, 5 years later. All seems well for the both of them and it's destiny that they met again.

At 30 and 26, both are adults and still love each other. However, it seems like "times" have changed and it changed them as well. There were also unresolved ghosts from Yi Jin's family and past.

Or, there's a dream that is worth pursuing. So, they separated for good—tying all loose ends. They were happy for that short time, and once again, respected each other and chose to move forward. In episode 4, I do not think Hee Do resents Yi Jin or anything in the present.

Hee do learned that she's pregnant, but she chose not to tell Yi Jin due to the "times". The "times" could've been "bad" or an "opportunity" to Yi Jin, that's why she did not disclose he's Min Chae's father. She believes that it's the most appropriate on the situation.

Her mother also knows that as well and that could been the reason why she asked Min Chae in episode 4 if she knew Baek Yi Jin or the person in the photo. She did not agree at her daughter decision at first but respected it.

In the present, Yi Jin is also alive and doing well just like Hee Do. In this theory, it would be so dramatic to make Yi Jin have his own family. ?Soooo, he still doesn't have a family and diligently works hard at his current career!

As Min Chae reads her mother's diary, she learned that her mother only loved one person and that is Yi Jin and starts to put things together. Hee Do and Yi Jin will meet again and will reminisce their past.

The daughter learns that Yi Jin is her father, but she's not angry.

I think this is really possible because we don't really see the father. Min Chae will ask Hee Do about this and would like to meet Yi Jin.

Hee Do and Yi Jin will reconcile and rebuild their friendship in the present times and the ending will be an open to interpretations if they will get back together.

Of course, even though it's open ending, Yi Jin will be happy knowing that he has a daughter and wants to be a good father. Seeing how he's family oriented, there's a higher chance they will now have a good family as the "times" opened that to them! ?

So, that's it!

Note: I got this theory from everyone else who believe (1) Yi Jin is Min Chae's father but he doesn't know and (2) Min Chae will make Yi Jin and Hee Do get back together. I just waved it all together to arrive at this conclusion.

I think the "times" will also play a very important role in their love story, as it did in their dreams! ? I think the "times" playing on people and our relationships with our loved ones is harder to conquer than on how it plays on our dreams.

enigmatic_zephy:

This is a new perspective and I also have one theory prediction plot to add:

We don't know who father is yet, and father was not there in any of ballet competitions and Hee Do is not wearing any ring means there is not father in picture in current time. So father either died or ran away.

What if father is Yi Jin (or even if he is not father and Min Chae is Yu Rim's daughter adopted by Hee Do) and Yi Jin faces some crisis like his father and runs away too like his father did? or something related to protecting Hee Do.

There might also be a chance that Hee Do and Yi Jin will not end up together because of NHD's mother.  Remember her lines in Episode 4, "At the time, I thought Yi-jin look pretty mature." "But now that I look at this, he was just a kid."  As we all know, NHD's mother is not her biggest fan and a lot of Hee Do's actions are perceived as something that is not practictal/ bad/ improper by the mother. They might have been together for a while during the time they were 21 and 25 but the mother get in the way of their relationship specially that now, the mother is a superior to Baek Yi Jin. For me, the "hidden child" plot might be somewhat impossible given their character. It is way too out of their characters. However, we will never know, it might be a big plot twist later on.

https://twitter.com/NetflixKR/status/1491234772114632709?t=WnaHyeHVq9O7Ssi460CSqA&s=19

How about this caption by Netflix KR? 

"How would you feel if you met your first love after 10 years?" 

Is this some kind of spoiler from Netflix? 

ivana2202:

https://twitter.com/NetflixKR/status/1491234772114632709?t=WnaHyeHVq9O7Ssi460CSqA&s=19

How about this caption by Netflix KR? 

Is this some kind of spoiler from Netflix? 

Unless they met some time after her daughter was born it's been more than 10 years, but that could still indicate they will meet in the present day.

ivana2202:

then they might reunite in present time i guess because we're already getting twenty-five and twenty one because the title