Anyone else getting the impression(Im not this far in watching it but caught TIKTOKS) that there completely changing Ye Zi's story to make her into the 2ML's love interest instead of what she did in the book?

Nope:

Anyone else getting the impression(Im not this far in watching it but caught TIKTOKS) that there completely changing Ye Zi's story to make her into the 2ML's love interest instead of what she did in the book?

Yes and no. There is something fishy going on. 

alyrios:

Yes and no. There is something fishy going on. 

I expected some changes because I didn't expect the show to go into the bars seeder aspects, but I do hope they still make her to be some sort of villain. Changing her into being a good person and a love interest, is just taking it too far.

Nope:

I expected some changes because I didn't expect the show to go into the bars seeder aspects, but I do hope they still make her to be some sort of villain. Changing her into being a good person and a love interest, is just taking it too far.

At least we should see SY and XQ married scene ?✌️

rubywooks:
so jun(?) getting hurt and leaving in the novel or in the teaser it looks like xu qin is going under the wreck when song yan got hurt , I remember song yan getting hurt like that but xu qin just saw him being carried outside of the wrecksite, I think they dramatized that which I'm not complaining. but it looks like they added some scenes of song yan seriously getting sick/hurt that wasnt in the novel because in one of the trailers we see song yan flatline and xu qin is trying to rescue him at the hospital. was there such a scene in the original novel? I was really confused with that but considering even in the novel song yan suffered a lot physically , I think the drama writers wanted him to suffer even more in the drama. I also saw a scene in a trailer where song yan saves xu qin's mother from fire which wasnt included in the novel as well

I just finished the novel yesterday (for the second time :D) and I'm rereading as new episodes are being released :D To answer some of your questions from how I interpreted the English translation of the novel:
- In the novel Seo Jun isn't getting hurt.

- XQ doesn't go under the wreckage. Even more so, the firefighters do not even realize the relationship yet. It's explicitly referred to in the novel that they don't know it yet.

- The flatlining things from the preview of ep31 is, I think, perhaps a major exaggeration of another part of the novel where SY is actually hurt, but not that bad. His colleagues do bring him in and he gets scolded by XQ, but he's very much alive and kicking, sorta speak, when they bring him in. She reminds him that he told her he would do only light work, not get into trouble, etc.
Or it's from a later part where actually he isn't injured at all. :shrug:

- SY saving XQ mother isn't in the novel indeed. 

Some other things I noticed:
- The joint team and training. I think that's not quite (that much?) in the novel either.

- Neither of them smoking anymore, which I approve of, btw. That is a very good change in the series.

- The students' side job. I think it's being made (a lot) more than it was in the novel. 

- Several things seem to be at least out of order in comparison to the book.

- I think the wedding that seems to come (if I interpret the intro from the episodes) isn't in the book either. The book ends with the promise that the next day they will go to get their marriage certificate.

- I'm not sure about the house. If I interpret the novel correctly, it should be a courtyard house on ground level, instead of at the top of an old apartment building. It should be in the same area as where SY's family lives. I do like what he's done with the place in the series, even though we (probably?) won't get to see any of those trees mentioned in the book.