I was just reading at the thread for one of the mini dramas, that china is banning those 10 to 20 minutes dramas ( the ones, i think, were mainly produced for like commuters to work, and are easily consumed on a trip?)

it is my impression of the last few months, that all the streaming sites seem to be flooded with these mini dramas. is it a result of this banning, or plan to ban, that they are all being released?

does anyone knows for sure of this ban?

thanks

Based on this Time article, it doesn’t look like they’re banning mini-dramas, but requiring a license before they can be posted, which means they’ll have to follow a bunch of rules. Previously, micro-dramas were able to get past censorship, but it looks like they’ll be censored now. :(

Thanks, that is Indeed a hassle, if they have to go through the same rigide Set of rules... 

It's going to have a chilling effect on production of those kind of dramas because of higher cost.

ArniA:

It's going to have a chilling effect on production of those kind of dramas because of higher cost.

so, that means, its not only, that they have to be more careful with the story scripts, but they have to find more funds and sponsors and investors, coz the licenses cost more money?

dang, thats truly sad. 

I dont care THAT much about those mini series, but some of them, yeah, are really enjoyable. its like, if they would just stitch all those tiny short eps together, and made them like a TV movie of 2 or 3 hours, that would be awesome!