I saw a question in the comments asking what the morals is for this arc and why Sang tae potrayed as Bluebeard. That got me into thinking mode and through research, I found that the epilogue is full of meaning beyond just randomly having Sang Tae played as BlueBeard or Gang Tae as Quasimodo (hunchback guy). Even Mun Yeong who is supposedly the seventh wife of BlueBeard can also be linked to Esmeralda who is the female lead character in Hunchback of the Notre Dame original novel. With that said, I will try to interpret the morals and the theories I noticed which have too much coincidence for it to be at random and should be intentional. If you have any other interpretation you would like to share, feel free to do so in the replies.

So, there are actually 2 morals that you can get from the Bluebeard tale. The original folktale which has the moral where "curiosity kills the cat". Finding out the secret of an individual without permission may lead to the other partner hating you, in this case, Bluebeard kills his wife due to his trust in his wife being broken and she did it without consent.

The second moral are what the drama lean towards more has a happier take. There was a moment when Gang Tae and Sang Tae were lying on the bed in episode 6 where Gang Tae explains his point of view to Sang Tae about the Bluebeard story. Gang Tae have quoted saying that the reason why Bluebeard was isolated in that mansion was because the villagers do not like him  as he is different from anyone else due to his name and appearance which is "Blue" beard (basically a beard dyed/grew in blue).

This causes people to think of him as a monster since he looks different appearance wise. So Sang Tae ask whether being different requires the villager to shun/avoid him? Gang Tae replied  with, "No because Bluebeard just need to find the people that understands him, that love him for who he is, whether or not he has a beard that is blue in color, true love would still exist and there is bound to be someone that wants to live with him in the house." So the moral is, "Find someone that love you for who you are no matter how different you are from the normal individuals. Even if you have flaws, that person will still understand and accept you."

In the epilogue, Sang Tae visualize himself as Bluebeard is because Sang Tae has autistic spectrum disorder which makes him different from the normal functioning people. Thus, Sang Tae matches with Bluebeard for being different and isolated by society for their traits/weakness. Gang Tae who plays hunchback of notre dame actually was given this role for a reason too, In the original story, the main character was deformed since birth for having a "hunchback" and this represent the scars that Gang Tae have. This hunchback guy actually thought that only one person (Frollo) cared for him and would do anything he says (in this drama, Sang Tae). Frollo lust over a beautiful Gypsy girl named Esmeralda and requested hunchback guy to kidnap her (Sang Tae is a fan of KMY). Hunchback guy did successfully kidnap her but was caught and is punished even though he done it under Frollo's order (Gang Tae always do what is best for his hyung).

While he is punished, he was thirsty and wanted a drink but the crowd around him just spectate him, even getting scorn from others. That is until the lady Esmeralda seeing him being thirsty and went to fetch water for him to drink (KMY trying to save/free Gang tae away from Sang Tae). Then, hunchback guy have fallen in love with Esmeralda (MGT x KMY).

After that, Frollo caught Esmeralda having an affair with another person (not hunchback guy) and so tried to murder that person where he then frames Esmeralda for attempted murder (Sang Tae sorta making KMY look bad since she forced him to stay with her in her home when it is also Sang Tae's own desire to do so). Esmeralda is now set to be hanged to death for attempted murder but before she is hanged, she was saved by hunchback guy (Gang Tae accepts KMY and "saves" her).

So Frollo=BlueBeard=Sang Tae because the ending also had Frollo being successful in executing Esmeralda where Blue Beard executed his Wife thus being equaled to Mun Yeong who plays these characters in the epilogue. Gang tae who plays Quasimodo (hunchback guy) initially kidnapped and brought KMY to Bluebeard but then he tried to save KMY after seeing the potential execution. He didn't succeed and KMY died from the execution which is similar to how the hunchback of notre dame ended.  So the epilogue is a fusion between https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunchback_of_Notre-Dame + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebeard + Drama story . That's all from me as I wait for Episode 7 with around 1 day remaining.

That's a really interesting theory. Thank you for sharing! I was thinking about this too : 

In the original tale, Bluebeard last wife doesn't actually die. Actually, she is saved at the last moment by her brothers who end up killing Bluebeard. 

Since MY was telling this story referring to her own parents, and we know that her mother isn't  dead, I was thinking that her father (Bluebeard) didn't really kill her mother, maybe attempted to but didn't succeed, which led to her disappearance. And she might have been helped, by MY ? 

Or maybe Bluebeard here is the mother since we know she is the one being "different ". I haven't seen many hints showing how the father could be different from the norm. And her difference led the father to try to kill her so he can save his daughter. 

This drama has so many clues and can go in so many directions, I can't wait to see it all unfold.

Regarding the father being Bluebeard as implied by KMY, my theory on that are that KMY was actually the last "wife" that was saved in the last moment since we all know her father almost choked her to death but she survived. KMY found her mother who was dead and bleeding in that basement room which was her Father/Bluebeard's secret which lead to him trying to kill her.

Although there is still a possibility that KMY's mother is alive as seen from random remarks out of nowhere or someone staring at KMY from a distance type of POV, I am more willing to lean toward the theory that the mother is dead physically and only exist spiritually where she haunts KMY in her dreams/hallucination/visions. Basically the mother became a form of trauma.

Not sure who actually saved KMY in the last moment, it could be anyone such as Gang Tae or Sang Tae or that CEO guy. The father was not specifically mentioned as being "different" but we know he was very wealthy (fit the Bluebeard profile), maybe in future episode, we can know what makes the father a "different" individual.The mother could be the sixth wife and KMY is the seventh wife that was saved. My speculation is that the father also has a mental illness beforehand and is just diagnosed now thus he could be bipolar. With two different personalities, it would explain why he was feared by others since the other personality is more "psychotic" and is a "serial killer" while the other personality is neutral. With his other personality affecting him mentally, his neutral side starts to hallucinate and tries to kill his daughter. This could also explain why KMY survived in the first place if we went with this theory because the neutral side of his bipolar stopped the Psychotic side from continuing. But that's just a theory, a drama theory. We will have to see more.

Yes, really interesting theory!

But I am not sure if MY fits the last wife profile, for multiple reasons. 

First, in last episode, we saw the mother bleeding but that doesn't mean necessarily that she is dead right, she could have survived. Plus we are not even sure it's her , it could be another woman entirely since we never really saw her face. So that would validate the theory that the father is indeed a "serial killer". 

Second, in the scene with MY and the woman pretending to be her mom, MY believed that her mother had really come back for a brief second when the woman mentioned plastic surgery. It makes me thing that MY herself believes her mother might not be dead, or at least she is not 100% sure she is physically dead. 

Third, the hospital director mentioned that MY's father could be seeing someone else when he looks at his daughter, maybe a hint for us ? He could be trying to kill his wife and not his daughter, then that would make his wife the one that got away. 

Fourth, there was a scene were the "ghost" tried to strangle the father. So it makes me think maybe she saved herself somehow and now like in the Bluebeard tale she is going to or at least trying to kill Bluebeard aka the father ? 

One thing is sure, this drama got us thinking A LOT lol. Maybe it's not even that deep but hopefully we will be able to know more after watching  episode 7 & 8! Let's discuss again after watching them :) 

OOooo, seems like the theory of the mother being alive has just increased dramatically due to them consistently talking about her. She could have taken a plastic surgery and I have a feeling it could that woman who asked Sang Tae for a picture of her on his phone and that woman until a butterfly lands on his arms (maybe signify how this woman is the mother of KMY as Sang Tae saw an accessory made from butterfly during his mom's murder) and also "stole" the book of Ko Dae Hwan stating that he is "one step too slow again". Leading me to believe that she have seen this behavior from KDH before. There was also that moment where KMY got choked by her dad in the hospital backyard and then someone made a snide remark on how she should never come back to that place. There is also someone who consistently stares at KMY  with Gang tae at different camera angles which is an indicator of how someone notices them being together. 

That patient also violently slaps Ju-ri which shows traits similar to how her mother was abusive and how KMY is now also violent too. She also do not believe in the ghost which the other patient mentions because she could have potentially been the one making that humming noise throughout the hospital. Thus, she is the ghost herself and even though we see the ghost straggling her KMY dad, it could be his mental illness that causes his hallucination but the humming is the trigger point for him in having those visions. I am sure we will find out more on this theory soon.

After watching episode 8, I am more convinced she might be MY's mother indeed. She was the one singing the song in the hallway at night; How would she know to sing this specific song ? 

With episode 8, I feel like she could also potentially be a caretaker/helper of the house. Maybe the sister of the MY's mother. Whilst she could have a plastic surgery to change her face, it would be too obvious for the writer to reveal MY's mother so early on when we are not close to the ending of the drama yet.

I was thinking that not the dad is the problem, but the mom. We all forgot that she's a writer too? Wasn't she like a bestseller of detective books or something, so she could be the serial killer who kills people to write her stories and the dad found out about it so he wants her killed to stop more people ending up badly because of her writing (maybe the killed mom of ST and GT is one of the victims). So the dad is hallucinating his daughter for his wife possibly.

That’s a good theory too but I am thinking if MY told ST about the Bluebeard’s tale, then she must have known about her mother being a serial killer or at least about the killings taking place ? Or maybe that’s just a recollection of her memories and she thinks her father did something to her mother ? 

Plus we don’t know when KT’s mother murder occurred: was it before or after MY’s mother disappearance ? So we can’t say for sure she is the murderer right ? 

But I have a theory about the lady Ms. Park though: 

We know the song Clementine is about a man whose girlfriend drowned then he ended up with her sister and forgot all about his previous girlfriend. Let imagine that Ms Park is in fact MY’s mother sister.  She was with MY’s father before the mother but then something happened (life threatening event?) and MY’s father got with MY’s mother. We know MY’s mother wasn’t emotionally stable so she must have done something bad to her sister. So years later, Ms Park came back for revenge and killed MY’s mother. KT’s mother might have been a witness to that crime so she killed her too. The father might not recognize her anymore because of the time that has passed or because of his dementia or maybe plastic surgery. I remember when KT asked who he was talking about when he said “that woman is dead but why is she here” he didn’t specifically say “my wife” right?  So I was thinking maybe he is talking about someone else. 

I really hope none of MY’s parents is responsible for KT’s mother’s death.. that would be heartbreaking. 

yeah indeed, everything is still a blur now and we don't have the specific times yet but I'm leaning on this theory :P and maybe the young MY knew something was wrong with her mother but didn't know exactly what she did?

oooh thats also a plausible theory! I think the dementia is definitely playing a role in here.

I unfortuantely think there are relations in some kind of way, if not directly then indirectly, otherwise there wouldn't be butterflies in the memories of theirs