This is what I think happened in the past:

1. MY's mom was INSANE. like literal psychopath and she tormented her daughter and her husband for years driving them both crazy. 

2. MY's mom killed KT's mom. maybe kt told his mother about MY and she went to talk with her mother but ended up killed or maybe MY's mom hated the boy and wanted him to leave her daughter alone (most likely) and had a fight with KT's mom and killed her. 

3.  MY's father found out about the murder which only fueled his anger and craziness so he:

a- kills her

b- thinks he killed her (maybe he had a fight with her and she fakes her death to escape him and the murder all together - or he wasn't even close to killing her but his poor mental state made him believe he did) 

4- he hates his daughter bc she's a younger version of her mother (as the mother herself stated before) and he tried to kill her too either because he thought she was his wife or because he thinks she'll end up like her. 

5- when KT's mother was killed it's either the killer or her husband that ST sees (he never met MY's father as of date so we don't know how he'll react if he saw him) but my bets are on the mother because the butterfly thing whatever that is suits her personality better than the man. 

6- I don't think that the woman in the hospital is MY's mother but I do believe that she is alive. though I can't rule out the possibility that she is that patient because it's a very good plan to fake losing her memory and go to the hospital her husband is in to torment him even more and make sure he won't tell on her if she decides to reveal herself once again to her daughter or the public (considering he's the only one who knows about the murder) 

that's all I have I guess please discuss your options and theories with me I'll appreciate it a lot <3

Your theory is quite interesting. But you didn't include some clues we got so far like the song Clementine, the two scenes with someone drowning and blood spattered, the Bluebeard's tale or all the mystery around Ms Park. 

We can all agree on point 1, that MY's mother had some kind of mental disorder. She definitely controlled her daughter but we don't know much about  her relationship with her husband so far. 

2. I don't think the reason for killing KT's mother is related to her liking or not of KT. And KT's mother appeared too focused on ST to go talk with MY's mother. I don't really see the link between the two women here. 

3. I think option b is the more plausible so far if your theory is right

4. I don't think he hates his daughter per say. I think he just sees his wife every time he looks at his daughter. So he might be trying to kill her over and over again. 

5. I had almost forgot that ST was a witness of his mother killing. A butterfly can be IMO associated to either of them really. If I am not mistaken, I think it occurred in the mountains, since there was a scene where ST was running in the mountains. It's a place with many butterflies. So it could be that when the murder occurred he just happened to see butterflies and associated it with his mother murderer. 

6. She might or might not be MY's mother, everything is possible at this point. 

I totally agree on the MY's mom killing GT's mom theory. If that was the case, then the scene where MY questioned GT on the couple loving each other so much, that's why they broke up. GT told MY that she doesn't know that yet. I feel MY might let go of GT sometime in the future after finding out her mom had something to do with GT's mom death and that will showcase her love for him.

That's so impressive how you took the words out of my mouth ! That's EXACTLY what I was thinking ! The only thing that I'm not confident about his MY's mom identity, like a lot of us ^^

Like Tina I'm also very scared that MY would distance herself from him if it turns out her mom killed his...Also that would be quite cliché and I hope they will not use that tactic ! They've been doing so well until now and I have been appreciating the freshness of this drama !

kimi83:

That's so impressive how you took the words out of my mouth ! That's EXACTLY what I was thinking ! The only thing that I'm not confident about his MY's mom identity, like a lot of us ^^

Like Tina I'm also very scared that MY would distance herself from him if it turns out her mom killed his...Also that would be quite cliché and I hope they will not use that tactic ! They've been doing so well until now and I have been appreciating the freshness of this drama !

I agree although now I think the mother is the head nurse.. I don't have any evidence lol  though(other than it's a good idea for her to work at the hospital) it's just a feeling

I don't think she'll leave him because of what happened but I have a strong belief that her mother if she returns she's going to threaten to kill him once again and that's why MY would leave him like Tina

Good theory I also thought that her mother killed the KT & ST's mother. There's a lot of clues to there. But, if ST definitely saw then he's in grave danger because he's the only one who was a witness. Granted it looks like she had multiple surgeries but from the ending of ep 10 MY seemed to recognize her mother. The fear on her face was telling imo.  I don't think they'll pull the cop out that Mrs. Park isn't really MY's mother I think she is. The pieces fit together IMO.

Maybe ST will  recognize her too if he encounters her. Maybe not by her looks but her attitudes etc. It's true that's a little fishy that SangTae hasn't bumped into Munyeoung's parents yet and that's worry some. No one better touch my boy damn it!  It's just a feeling I get from his scenes lately that something is gonna happen to him. Eg, the analogy of him always saying Later means  sometime before you die, The doctor saying maybe ST will be the one to help you one day to KT. This could relate to MY of course and him helping them get back together if she walks away from KT. But it could also mean a sacrifice of some sort :/.  

I saw an interview with the 3 cast members where Oh Jung Se said SangTae has convulsions in an episode which I don't think has happened yet. Unless he was talking about ep 2 where ST has a panic attack. I'm just really worried about ST. If something happens to him he better be ok. 

Seriously SangTae, KangTae and MunYeoung need to get out of this alive and get their much deserved happy ending. 

IA that if MY's mother is really the killer she'll walk away from him to protect him and because she won't feel worthy of KT :(. 

I don't think the head nurse is her mother. Perhaps the show wants us to think that but like I said previously, I doubt that they'll pull another cop out like they did with the first patient lady who insisted she was Munyeoung's mother. Especially when we're so close to the end(Only 6 episodes left T.T). Mysteries need to start unrevealing as well as the characters need to start healing more. ST/KT and MY have all taken correct steps into healing but there's still a way to go.  But who knows maybe I'm wrong and the HN really is MY's mother.