Who is Mu Deok?

Mu Deok was a name given after Jin Bu-yeon got adopted by an old woman. (Think of it like an avatar name in a game.)

Mu Deok has two souls in her body. The first one is JBY and the second one is Naksu, the assassin. Naksu was in control of the body most of the time while JBY was in control when MD or Uk was in danger.

We saw that the woman who did the rain ritual was a blindfolded girl. Then, she appeared again when the ice stone was destroyed (mentioned in ep 7).

So, here is my theory.

Blind girl (200 years old) + Ice Stone = Mu Deok*.

She probably became weak after dissolving half of the ice stone just like soul shifting side effect. She needed someone with a strong soul to get strong like before. So, when Naksu did soul shifting, she saw it as an opportunity and took her in. She was still weaker than Naksu and she needed Jang Uk to get strong to become more powerful so she kept him safe too. She might take back control of the body later on or she will choose to go to another body cos she supports ML & FL love. XD

Mu Deok might be the leader of Jinyowon so she can open the Jinyowon door easily. (I also think that you can open that door easily with ice stone cos it is the strongest artefact in that world.)

Side note: Mu Deok is '200 years old' while Jang Uk is '20 years old. XD

I don't think Mu Deok is the Jin family's lost daughter at all. 

Could someone pls explain why she is the Jin family's lost daughter? I saw a lot of comments saying she is but no strong proof. (Okay. After reading "Your wildest theories about AoS" discussion, I see why they think Mu Deok is Jin Bu-Yeon. Strong pieces of evidence were from behind the scenes. If Jin Bu-Yeon is OP since birth then, she is Mu Deok. If not, a blind girl from 200 years ago is Mu Deok. )

My bad. MD might be Jin Bu-Yeon by how the story is going. More detail is in the separate comment below.

----

For another half-ice stone, the queen has it and we will have to see more episodes to get a better understanding of the ice stone.

For now, the ice stone is cut into two but it could be cut into 3 or 4 or more.

The queen has the whole ice stone for now.

=============================================================

I too also think that the original Mudeok deliberately chose to soul shift with Naksu, as Naksu was definitely choosing to soul shift with some other girl.

Regarding the ice stones, there's not enough context to form a solid theory but I do think your theory is on the right track. One variable could be that rather than the original Mudeok being 200 years old, the ice stone could have been passed down to her. This could also tie to the theory that she is the lost daughter of Jin family . I could be all wrong tho, it's a theory after all.

kongki:
One variable could be that rather than the original Mudeok being 200 years old, the ice stone could have been passed down to her. This could also tie to the theory that she is the lost daughter of Jin family . I could be all wrong tho, it's a theory after all.

Oh yeah. You could be right too. That's why Jin Ho-Gyeong values her first daughter too much.

Or ice stone is keeping her young all this time just like Master Lee. He is already over 100 years old but still looks young cos he had mastered the 4th stage. But he doesn't look that young cos he doesn't have ice stone. But what about Master Seo Gyeong then? Well, I don't have an answer. We will just have to wait and see.

So, I looked through ep 1-8 again to look for reasons why Jin Bu-Yeon could be Mu Deok & blind girl at the same time. Here is in detail.
==========================================================

Jin Mu / Fake Danju – Main villain? From Cheonbugwan. Wanted Gwanju position from the king. Assistant of Jang.

Songrim is main mage place. Danhyanggok is a villain place & where Naksu grows up.

Places: Songrim, Jeongjingak. Sejukwon. Jinyowon. Cheonbugwan. Chwiseonru.

Gwigu – soul catcher creature.

Master Seo Gyeong – the founder of Songrim.

===========================================================

EP 1

20 years later? After ML was born?

26:50 – Why is she able to see? No, blue mark too. Cos she is the ice stone.

29:58 - Mu Deok is a blind girl and orphanage from the countryside who got sold for debt after her guardian (an old woman) die of illness. (Is this a true bg story or just make-up. And I haven’t seen real MD talks or sing through 8 episodes.)

33:50 – The first recall of Naksu’s memory. 20 years ago? She is definitely older than 4 heirs then.

36:46 – Ju-wol, the head of the courtesan?

EP 2

2:28 – Jang Gang probably took revenge on the king by not letting his son become a king. Jang Gan could use the king’s written scroll to make Jang Uk the king before the king’s brother took the throne but he didn’t. We didn’t know how the king died too. Why would the king leave the throne to his brother when he finally impregnated a woman? Jin Mu took an easier route by following the current king & crown prince cos ML is basically useless as his energy was sealed. He wouldn’t want to go against Jang Gang’s command too.

EP 3

22:50

Jipsu, is the ability to gather water.

Ryusu, is the ability to gain energy from the flow of water.

Chisu, is the ability to control the energy in the atmosphere.

35:41 – He probably checked FL’s ear to hurt her ear.

47:15 – Mention of Jin Cho Yeon’s sister.

1:04:12 – CP has reached the highest stage of the 2nd step, Ryusu. Seo Yul too. Queen & Yul’s father (general) are siblings.

EP 4

2:50 – FL’s dad definitely saw the king’s star. (Jang Gang turned him into a soul shifter and let him run wild. Then, killed him so that others won’t be able to find fault in him. This further proved that he didn’t want Uk to become the king when the late king wanted his heir to take the throne.)

11:21 – Hwansu is the highest level? Only 2 people have reached this level.

1:11:47 – Sari village was where MD was from.

40 – Jin’s leader actually loves her elder daughter. XD

EP 5

20:45 – Two Mu Deok instead of Naksu soul inside soul-shifting realm? Mu Deok is shaping Naksu's soul into her own? Or is this a mistake by a director?

24:12 – ‘There is a great soul dwelling inside that small body.’ (Is the great soul the soul of a blind girl from 200 years ago? Or Naksu’s soul?)

EP 6

15:40 – Park Jin remembers singing at Master Lee 100th birthday.

44 – Jin Bu-yeon will return.

EP 7

1:15 – Then, enormous hailstones started falling from the sky. First Jin’s leader didn’t have an ice stone in her.

3:01 – One man to two persons (Songrim & Jin leader). Half of the Ice stone was dissolved into Jin’s Leader (Mu Deok)?

Is MD keep on reborn into Jin’s family again and again? (Like Elizabeth in the ‘Seven deadly sins' anime.)

40:10 – ‘She is here. Who? It is her, the blind girl. It is the ice stone.’

42:50 – Only Jin members can open Jinyowon so the Jin Mu? But his mother is not Jin.

Jin Ho-Gyeong – Current Jin’s leader.

53:25 – Jin’s family surname is given to those with mothers from Jin's family. So, Jin Ho-Gyeong’s father got Jin Mu from a woman out of Jin's family.

1:03:00 – Cheonbugwan mage named Cho Chung from 20 years ago is Naksu’s father. FL’s dad is a soul shifter and runs wild. Changed by Jang Gang or Jin Mu/Danju.

EP 8

2 – MD’s subtle smile. XD MD can travel freely inside soul shifting realm.

21:35 - Heo Yun-ok, granddaughter of Seo Heo Yeom.

Gil-ju – assistant of Jin Mu.

Real Danju is the queen. Queen is from the Choi family.

FL doesn’t have any grudge against 4 families anymore. But the cause of her family's death was cos of ML’s birth. But I think she will forgive him cos he didn’t choose to be born at that time anyway. It’s not his fault. Imo, it is Jang Gang or Danji fault.

Go Won – Crown Prince

Hemp Master Lee, a pupil of master Seo Gyeong.

52:29 – ‘…destroyed by Master Seo Gyeong and the leader of Jinyowon 200 years ago?’

===========================================================

Crazy theory – Blind girl from 200 years ago was split into two, Naksu and Bu-yeon (Mu Deok). Now, they are reunited; one has a strong soul and another has the power to control ice stone.

Another crazy theory – Blind girl is reborn as Bu-Yeon. Then, got a new name Mu Deok when adopted by an old woman after she got lost and got amnesia. But MD is weak due to ice stone so she took Naksu’s soul to get strong. So, there are two separate souls in one body but it can handle cos of ice stone. As both souls want to get strong, they will protect ML and get stronger together. Will the two souls merge into one or one will overtake the other?

So, FL is also just like ML. The body is from the Jin family but the soul in control rn is Naksu.

ML's was born with the body from Jang but the soul is from the late king.

EP 9

8:22 – Jang Gang unsealed the ice stone.

9:20 – Ten years ago, Jin Mu & the queen got the ice stone that was sealed by Jang Gang. Bu-Yeon has divine power. What is that? She can sense energy and control it?

11:30 – Mu Deok stole the blind girl’s (pretender) things and fled to Daeho Fortress? Is the pretender from outside of Daeho? This girl is still wearing Bu-Yeon clothes.

=====================

Mu Deok is definitely Bu-Yeon. So, she was the great soul that Master Lee mentioned?

Did she really forget who she is or is she pretending to hide from Jin Mu? But for how long?

Did she really steal from that pretender?

Why hasn't she spoken once to Uk or Naksu?

Interesting... so, how does this all tie in with rumors of not having Jung So-Min play Mu Deok after season 20? Or is that just a teaser... ?

Hope14:

Interesting... so, how does this all tie in with rumors of not having Jung So-Min play Mu Deok after season 20? Or is that just a teaser... ?

For now, I will just forget about it and enjoy S1.

Let's not let rumours affect our minds.