Daeho Mage Levels (sometimes called “energy” levels)

Big shout-out/thank you to poster lidi_17 who provided translations from Episode 5

The Four steps or stages to becoming a powerful mage in Daeho

JIPSU (Level 1) is the ability to gather the energy of water; Collecting or concentrating energy

●Naksu achieved Jipsu level in 5 years; Jang Kang was a genius who mastered Jipsu in on year

RYUSU (Level 2) is the ability to gain energy from the flow of water. The stage of emitting energy from the body

● Normally takes 10 (?) years, JU did in 10 days; the Crown Prince and Seo Yul have mastered Ryusu

CHISU (Level 3) is the ability to control the energy in the atmosphere; To be able to control the atmosphere

●  Naksu mastered all three levels; Teacher Lee has mastered at least thru Chisu level; Presumably Jang Kang, Heo Yeom and Park Jin have all three mastered these 3 levels

HWANSU (Level 4) is the godlike power of changing water to fire and vice versa. The ability to shift souls w/out using Soul Ejector

●  Master Seo Gyeong – the founder of Songrim – reached it; Also “someone else” (presumably Teacher Lee)

TANSU is not a mage level or stage; it is swordsmanship technicque that involves flicking energy with your sword

Soul Ejector - The "Alchemy of Souls"

200 years ago, during a hailstorm conjured by the mages of Daeho, there was one hailstone that did not melt.  It first turned into fire, then stone, and then water.  Then it turned back into its original form, ice. It is referred to as the "ice stone". In that process, it produced black powder.  This powder was called the Soul Ejector, which was used in the alchemy of souls The Alchemy of Souls includes

•  Bringing the dead back to life by summoning back their souls
  • Shifting souls from one body to another
  • Expelling the soul of the living and stealing their energy

The "ice stone"[Note:  the term is not capitalized]

Sorcery using the ice stone’s power created wicked things that could hurt people.

Gil-ju believed that the ice stone is located in the Royal Palace and that it could prevent him from turning to rock/petrifying. 

I will past here this post ( with some edits) that we discuss about in theories topic, to be easier to find. 

So i review some scenes to pay attention to the swords the characters uses after i saw a comment (@chrish ) about the "golden power" from Jang Uk netflix photos.

About the Swords:

In the main poster Jang Uk is carrying Naksu´s sword. Both Jang Uk and Mudeok are using new clothes i believe is probably after they gain their powers.

Naksu´s sword : Half black, half white with golden details and a golden  circle in the handle.

Jang Kang´s sword (father): a long entirely black with many golden details.

Crown Prince´s sword: a long entirely white with many golden details.

Jin Cho Yeom´s sword : a long red one

Seo Yul´s sword : a long dark blue, but he is a double sword fighter.

Park Dan Gu: He used a sword in the fight at first episode but i cant exactly see the color but its dark. Could be black. Could be dark green since its his color. He uses a green bow.

Park Jin´s sword (uncle): A black one

SO i believe this details are connected especially being in the main poster. Naksu´s sword is a mix of black and white. Could it be a hint of Uk´s paternity - that is a mixed of Royal blood and Jang family blood? Uk´s outfit is also black and white. i think is too much symbolim to be just casual.

And Why Uk´s is using Naksu´s sword? He could uses his father or a new one made for him.