EP 4

11:21 – Hwansu is the highest level? Only 2 people have reached this level. 

Master Seo Gyeong – the founder of Songrim.

Hemp Master Lee, a pupil of Master Seo Gyeong.

After 16 episodes, only 2 people have been mentioned so far.

Jang Gang is coming back 20 years later so there is a chance that he could have reached Hwansu too but let's see.

I created this form just for Hwansu cos many people seem to get it wrong. No offence. ?

After 18 episodes, still only 2 have been revealed to reach Hwansu. Next will probably be Jang Gang, Jang Uk, or Bu Yeon.

Side note: I don't really get why Master Lee doesn't use his powers for political stability.

haruhireload:
Next will probably be Jang Gang, Jang Uk, or Bu Yeon.

I am not sure about Bu Yeon cos I don't think a priestess can learn mage spells/energy. I think they use divine power to control water, fire, ice, earth and wind.

Naksu could master Hwansu though.

I think even shaman Choi and Jin Mama achieved it, I don't know, just guessing, how can there be only 2 people achieving Hwansu level, sounds absurd

In Episode 1 I think the king summons Jang Gang and says this, I have heard you have reached Hwansu. Maybe I’m wrong, but you can rewatch and confirm. I think he could perform Hwanhon with the king, so I assumed this. 

BlessingMixture:

In Episode 1 I think the king summons Jang Gang and says this, I have heard you have reached Hwansu. Maybe I’m wrong, but you can rewatch and confirm. I think he could perform Hwanhon with the king, so I assumed this. 

You are a funny one. LOL

Telling me to rewatch when you can; cute. XD

I will just say it from my memory; The King from ep 1 asked about Jang Gang about his experiments on sorcery (AoS = soul swap). Jang Gang used a soul ejector to swap souls with the king. If he had reached Hwansu, he would still have power like Master Lee, who got into a dead kid and still got Hwansu power.

Ok I checked ep1, the king actually says to Jang Gang that "you have managed to master a spell only possible by the mage that has reached the highest level, the alchemy of souls". Maybe that's why I had this impression that in ep1 they tried to imply that Jang Gang had reached the highest level - Hwansu. At least the king did think so from the looks of it.

BlessingMixture:
Ok I checked ep1, the king actually says to Jang Gang that "you have managed to master a spell only possible by the mage that has reached the highest level, the alchemy of souls".

Ty. There is a slim chance then.

This is the subtitle I get from Netflix.

8:08 – “You have mastered the ability to do something that only the best mages can do.”

Hope, the show will mention the time that Jang Gang reached Hwansu or not in ep 19 & 20; not in S2.