Leave a comment on why people should watch this. I will pick 1 commenter to win. You can comment as many times as you wish, but you can only enter the GA once. 

I will ship internationally from the Superbuy warehouse in China with some exceptions. Sorry,  SB is not shipping to Ukraine. If you live in Indonesia, SB requires your ID # to ship. 

I will choose the most economical shipping line so please be patient. This is scheduled to arrive mid Oct. I don’t know what materials some of these items are made of. For instance, if it’s made of wood, it is considered restricted and might take longer to ship. 

Here’s what’s in the set: https://twitter.com/vi_dao/status/1565870806172942337?s=21&t=YsjZfZsWrbO3U8THItK3TQ

Good luck,  everyone! 

I think people should watch CLJ because it is not just your typical period idol drama, it is also meaningful and sends higher level messages that are applicable to the modern age. The drama promotes equality in a relationship - no person is above the other, they have to contribute mutually and respect each other's choices. The drama also allows us to reflect on what exactly is "strength". Strength does not only come in physical form, mental resolve and conviction is also a type of strength, so is compassion and gentleness. Little orchid may seem weak and feeble, but she is also the strongest character in the series and her mental strength helps her overcome many obstacles and heal those who have traumas. It shows us love in its most pure form, and love that is not only limited to romantic love, but also family love, friendship and love for the world. There is small love and big love, and instead of having the characters make choices between their personal loved ones and the world like many xianxia dramas do, this drama provides a new possibility - that one does not have to make a choice. They can do their best to protect all that they care about. These elements are what makes this drama unique from the rest. It single-handedly revived the dying xianxia drama, imo. Please watch this drama <3

Love Between Fairy and Devil is a must-watch for me because first, it meets my trifecta requirements: writing, directing, and acting. I read that this is the first script written by the writer, and for an adaptation that diverged from the source, it still retained the core elements, the plot was tight, there were hardly any fillers, and the character development was A+++. Since the script development took 3 years, this must have been a labor of love, showing her understanding of the source material.

The directing is excellent. The director has brought out the best in all the actors, the choice of angles, lighting, close-ups & landscape are superb. The editing was only a bit choppy near the end, otherwise it was smooth transition from scene to scene. The use of background music (Royal Nirvana OST) and the new songs in each scene were very apt and heartfelt.

Acting: Who would've thought that it's the year antifans of Dylan Wang would eat their words and heap praises on his acting. I've been a fan of his since MG2018, and as Dao Ming Si he was good, but in this drama he has improved a lot. His suffering and crying scenes plus comedic timing are impeccable. He is Dong Fang Qing Cang and I hope he gets more roles like this. I love Esther Yu, and I don't get the hate on this sweet girl. She has a unique voice, a unique style, and in a sea of blandness, she stands out that's why she's one of my fave c-actresses. When I read the novel, I could see why the production team picked her as Xiao Lan Hua.

There are other stuff why one must watch CLJ, but to sum up, here are some of the other great things about this show: OST, CGI, costumes, art/animation, set design, the cliches and tropes are executed in a fresh way, it's the stuff of dreams, and it might technically be Xianxia (it's eastern xuanhuan), but it's currently the gold standard for fantasy shows.

ACTORS AND ACTRESSES SHOW TRUE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN CHARACTERS > KISSES THAT MAKE YOU WEAK IN THE KNEE> OUTSTANDING PRODUCTION> GREAT STORY PLOT GOING FROM BOOK TO LIVE ACTION> CHARACTERS THAT YOU CAN SYMPATHIZE WITH > SLOW GROWING ROMANCE> GORGEOUS COSTUMES> BEAUTIFUL SCENERY> UNFORGETTABLE OST> CUTE AND FUN BTS'S 

ALL IN ALL...XO XO XO

TRIED TO INSERT AN GIF IMAGE.....=(

https://inaholetherelivedme.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/2c69f-Strong2BWoman2BDo2BBong2BSoon2B06.gif

I love the show because of many, many reasons, but one of the main reasons, is NOT that dylan is hot as hell, as the evol, yet good, big badass (the best since... not YLLZ / wei wuxian, lol, nope since the US show Lucifer, where the actor Tom Ellis has superbly portrait the sort of Christian devil). I certainly rooted for him, who wouldn't coz his portrayal of DF was more than perfect and flawless, and the SML , CH, honestly, I couldn't decide which one I would have liked for the FL to end up with. 

to my own surprise, its been the actress Esther, and how her character was written, and played.

she is innocent and trusting and naive at times, and that's how she certainly was as little orchid in the beginning (later, the goddess, I found the transition and the reasoning believable, however jarring and sad). but her whole journey and development along the drama (and hopefully as well in the novel) had shown one thing: being good and wanting to save the world and your dear ones, doesn't have to be in a brainless and dumb way or staying a 3 year old brat. 

yes she more or less, needs a lot of saving from the devil , but those situations are always believable, and more or less, not within her fault. 

their entire relationships, both her childish initial crush on the SML, as well as the later falling for the DF, was just... seamlessly believable. and well, one of the most healthy, less toxic , in such a "twilight" kind of fantasy setup I have seen in a long while. (I mean, come on, DF looks sometimes just as a vampire!lol, and gods, the age difference, if she weren't also the goddess, that would have make young fans probably go crazy and uncomfortable all over) . 

truth is, after watching the ending of ep 35, for like ähh 60x times or so, I was ready to announce: you know what, SML and ML, you both can fuck off and elope for all I care, I will marry the goddess/ orchid anytime. hahah. yeah, duty and love, she tried her best to fulfill her destiny, and not to forsake her loved ones. not blaming fate / destiny / other characters, but growing up, and owning up, what needs to be done in the face of the fate of the realms, and saving everyone from tai sui. (the evol cloud, as I call that being) . 

i am usually one of those , no I don't have time like in my youth, to pour my soul into these kind of hate / ship wars, or discussions. I will leave that to the teenagers and tweens nowadays (I am a mid-forties woman) , who simply fast forward or not watch the show at all, if I see totally dumbass written female characters. I mean , naivite is really fine, but 95% of all -c-dramas I have seen the last 4 years ( I think that's the time, since I got sucked into watching c-dramas as a whole, must be starting with when I discovered NIF) are having female lead characters, where you wish. GAWDS how are these girls real? (fair enough, most male characters are also same level of mehhh, though I assume, the male characters are tend to be written slightly more palatable for the audience, plus, we all know, men do always get more leeway than women, both in real world as much as in fictional setups.)

in a nutshell, despite really, like HITTING ANY EXISTING fandom TROPE and KINK, as a story, the entire drama made it worked out perfectly, and this is one of the few dramas, where I would not have mind to have more episodes , I for once, found the ending satisfying (well they don't suffer like another 30000 years of separation, honestly, whats 500 yrs? they are immortals, that time span must be nothing) and would rather not having a sequel, with those characters or the main leads. )

rather give dylan and esther the chance now , with their fame, to explore more character options, I really hope for them to not stuck in playing those similar characters for the next few years, that would be really sad. 

even that said, with this kind of story being such an immense success, there will be clone dramas popping up for the next 3 years, at least. that's my bet. 

well at least, the screaming for release of any BL dramas , will be quieter, and maybe if the attention is being shifted from those BL dramas, the censors in china will be more lenient , and have mercy on the rest of the audience. 

CLJ, just as some other superb C-dramas, reminded me, no, dramas don't have to go the route, that <US shows has gone the last 20 years or so, and no, to be great, you don't have to resort to write and film nudity and sex scenes without end, you don't have to make humans in totally the worst and most trashy versions of themselves, and no, sometimes the good guys can win, without turning into their backstabbing and evil counterparts. and no, we don't need incest in all variations as well, to make a good story. 

and to be a true hero/heroine, no you don't also need marvel-like super enhanced powers. 

sometimes, as cheesy and unbelievable as it sounds, true love might even work! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT??? TOTALLY INSANE; RIGHT??? 

so go and watch CLJ, and then judge for yourself!

Thank you so much for this giveaway! :) I'll say that this drama is the one that made me realize that Chinese drama are definitively worth watching. I admit I'm not an expert because I only watched a few of them but I often felt like the production and acting weren’t very "high quality" in those I began to watch and then fast forwarded at x2 speed or ultimately dropped... But in Love between fairy and devil, the production team did an amazing job, in terms of the cinematography and editing, the costumes and set, the CGI, and of course the acting. I don’t really know about the budget that was put in this drama, but it was definitively an amazing experience to watch, because each scene felt like an artwork on its own. Even the intro/outro are worth watching! A lot of thought went into the production and the costume department (each set of the drama is stunning, the Moon Palace for example is the one I loved the most). We could see and feel the cultural difference between the fairy people, the “demons” (from Heishi city, I apologize if it’s not spelled correctly) and the moon people and so the world-building didn’t feel like an afterthought. It’s indeed very satisfying to watch and explore, especially as an international viewer who isn’t very familiar with China’s legends and culture. The thing that also made me fall in love is the soundtrack, it’s not often that I’m so captivated by the music in a drama but here, the intro wasn’t even finished that I went on youtube to search for the song.

Now for the story, it’s exactly what I want in a romance/fantasy drama. The premise is maybe a little bit cliché for some (the big bad villain falls in love with the cute and kind girl) but even though I absolutely love this trope on its own, in this drama the trope was reinvented and handled very well! The “fall in love” part was so natural and didn’t appear all at once, whether it is from the FL or ML side. I love fluffy stories in general and here the fluff was 100% present. But not to the point where it becomes cringey and hard to watch. Again, the feelings between the FL and the ML appeared progressively and naturally, and despite the curse put on the ML, the viewer didn’t doubt his feelings for one second because the screenwriter and the director knew exactly what to do to make subtle references in terms of editing and also in directing the main actor: his smallest gesture toward the FL had meaning, even at the start of the story. I’m saying that because in the first episode, in which the FL sees the ML for the first time and “falls” into his heart (she suddenly is transported into a desolate place, covered with snow with a frail looking tree), she had already put her mark there, because at her touch, the tree began to grow and that’s what made the ML feels for her, even at the very beginning. This metaphor was maybe overlooked by the viewer at the beginning (it certainly was for me haha) but it held all its meaning when we finally understand that the tree represents in fact the ML’s love force. The poetic meaning behind those subtle references was what made the relationship between the FL and ML so easily acceptable and “shippable” for the viewer. 

Furthermore, the actors were also fantastic and made all of this truly work. The chemistry between the FL and ML was of course off the charts and the chemistry between all the cast was also perfectly handled. The secondary characters all had a story of their own and it wasn’t hard to like the majority of them, apart from the fairies’ supreme lord who I thought didn’t have much substance to his character… But oh well, he wasn’t the main focus so it’s not very important. I also liked that the drama took the most from its actors’ talent. For example, the “body switch” scenes between the FL and the ML were so well done, I just couldn’t believe what kind of self control and talent one has to have to succeed in these kind of scenes without making the viewer uncomfortable. But here, I  just had to laugh because the contrast was so intense and we truly had the impression that they switched bodies: the mannerism and their way of speaking were perfectly reproduced by their counterpart. Of course, I can’t talk about the actors’ talent without mentioning the angst in some scenes… And well all I can say is that I cried multiple times, I just couldn’t stop myself. Despite the sadness of these sequences, I feel like they were necessary to the story because it reinforces the deep connection and love between the main leads. Their love was equal and they each sacrificed their lives for the other… What can I say, I absolutely adore those kind of stories in which the feeling of love transforms and incites to do and be better to your loved ones and even to yourself. And in this drama, it was definitively the case: of course the ML had the most incredible transformation, but the FL also had a pretty impressive arc (especially when we consider the final episodes’ events but I don’t want to spoil too much so I will stop here in case someone who didn’t watch the show read this comment). 

All in all, I think the best thing about this drama, despite not being very action-driven, is that it doesn’t leave the viewer feeling bored because all the feelings and relationships are enough to entertain and satisfy. And that’s a real success for me, someone who doesn’t like when the drama is longer than 25/30 episodes. I will just say that the middle part of the drama, when they’re in the mortal world, was maybe a little too long for my taste, but it’s only because I didn’t really like the idea of the fake weddings lol. And I will finish by saying that the ending could have been longer. It makes perfect sense in the context of the story of course, however I wanted to see a “real” wedding taking place in the final scene, even 1min would have been sufficient. But that’s just me nitpicking, the ending is happy enough that I definitively feel satisfied after watching 36 fantastic episodes, I just wanted to see even more of them. xD

It is difficult to put into words just how much I enjoyed watching Love Between Fairy and Devil. While I've watched c-dramas for a long time, LBFAD was my very first xianxia/fantasy drama and it has without a doubt set my expectations for future dramas, regardless of genre, endlessly high now. I can go on for ages about the gorgeous costumes, the absolutely incredible chemistry between the main leads, the sheer talent shown by everyone's acting, the action-packed plot, the beautiful animations/CGI, the breathtaking OST, and the tremendous growth of all the characters. 

However, I think the fundamental reason why people should watch LBFAD is to admire all the underlying effort and attention to detail that makes this drama so special and meaningful. I loved how this drama made its audience feel as if we were traveling through all the realms together right alongside Xiao Lan Hua and Dong Fang Qing Cang. The different story arcs and entertaining character dynamics in each realm were such a treat to experience. Moreover, while this was a fantastical world that became a place for me to escape to and forget about all the stress from school and work temporarily, the values and messages that this drama conveyed made me want to carry them forward in real life. No matter how cliched it may sound, love - all types of love - conquers all and makes us all better versions of ourselves. The bravery, the perseverance, and the loyalty shown by the characters of this drama were not only praiseworthy through the screen, but also inspiring beyond the screen. I know that I can rewatch this drama as many times as I want and still find something new and symbolic about a scene, a character, or even just a piece of dialogue each and every time. In my opinion, this is something that's incredibly difficult to accomplish and it speaks volumes about this drama's level of creativity and artistry. Thank you to the entire cast and team behind LBFAD for creating such a lovely story and a magical world I can't wait to revisit again and again. <3 I'm positive the legacy of our favorite fairy and demon couple will live on forever, though a glimpse into more of their happily ever after (cough season 2 cough) would be oh-so-very-appreciated ;)

Thank you for the giveaway!

People should watch Love Between Fairy and Devil because it is one of the best dramas in 2022! Be prepared to experience the strong withdrawal symptoms which I am suffering from now.

I love the OSTs, CGI, costumes, good looking actors and actresses, how each side character is developed as a rounded character and coherent story! There are no draggy parts in this short and exciting 36 eps drama. I love the happy ending although it could have been longer!

My fav ep of all is ep 31 which Dong Fang Qing Cang dreamt about 500 years of happy marriage with Xiao Lan Hua. The scenes were beautifully heartbreaking. My fav kiss is when they are dressed in human wedding outfits by the beach after Xiao Lan Hua chose to be with  her true love instead of returning to Fairyland. Their kiss was interrupted by Jieli and black dragon hehe.

I still can't move on T_T, hopefully the box set will make me feel better.

Thank you again, Vi Dao!

Congrats, Amy! You have won the boxed set! Link to my tweet of the winner being picked: https://twitter.com/vi_dao/status/1568331489875468293?s=21&t=Li4MHDzNwLbv4650jWOTeA

OMG, I won!!! Thank you so much for hosting this event, Vi Dao. You're amazing!

I just inboxed you :)

janicetst:

Congrats Amy!!