I'm really hoping they make a new season of this! I've heard some rumors that they might be making a second season with the same cast in Taiwan (due to Chinese restriction). 

If anyone has heard anything can you comment below?

I saw a little snippet of something mentioned on the Wikipedia page under the Reception category. Don't know if it is true or not and don't know about the same cast thing either.

Plus, it said the author mentioned something in 2019, and I feel like if it was true we would have heard more about it by now. But who knows.

Found this: https://38jiejie.com/2019/06/26/author-confirms-addicted-2-is-happening-series-is-filming-in-taiwan/ and https://star.ettoday.net/news/1475925

I think it was wishful thinking. No second season. Read the books. They are better anyway

I just saw someone on YouTube today announced filming for season two will begin in the summer. The director said the cast will be changed and wishes that viewers do not compare actors to the previous season. The cast has not yet been revealed, but supposedly we will be surprised.

Now, I'm not sure if this is true or not, since like I said, I just saw this announcement on a Community post. And I don't know what their source is.

Theres no evidence of this that I’ve seen. I think its someone’s wishful thinking. 

I just finished the books and I've all this ideas... wild ideas. If they go by the books they could even make up to 4 season if they wanted with all that materials. The season available now only covers like 1/4 of the 1st book so yeah...... looking forward to whatever they do even if they change the actors I hope they do something. It would be great if the original cast was available but I am open minded.

If they do change the cast, then they probably will need to do a minor redux arc like 2Moons2 did, which while inconvenient in some ways, did make the rest of it easier to make fewer overt comparisons, since it could be viewed as a parallel reality at that point, similar names, & similar plots, but the time & places were different.

I personally would like to see a second season be surprisingly made with the same cast, & they some how all managed to escape the Authoritarian Rule of the original casting location (I feel it is best not to name that country directly these days if not speaking of the positive aspects of it. Which still exist, but are far outweighed by the problems that are caused by policy decisions & ego. Not that the US is all that much better, but at least here, it's harder for me to get in trouble with the wrong people in a way that I can't be protected by a surfeit of legal codes, and my disappearance would cause enough noise that it would be a bigger problem than most federal agencies would care to get into, upside of onlu seeming like a nobody but being related to reasonably important people) I would definitely like to see how things would be altered to accomodate the new casting location climate, & maybe even hopefully see them be a bit more explicit?

Why name it Addicted 2 if it's not the same story or characters!! If it's not the original cast, the series is bound to fail with harsh criticism even if it's good 

kkdrama:

Why name it Addicted 2 if it's not the same story or characters!! If it's not the original cast, the series is bound to fail with harsh criticism even if it's good 

I agree

kkdrama:

Because no way they would be able to get the original cast back, it's not possible. Both actors are still active in China. I could get over the actor change just so I can see how they decide to play out some of the scenes from the novel.

Exactly my point...or that's what I would say. Except having an active career is much harder to part with than Bowing to the wishes of a select audience.

kkdrama:

Addicted actually has a fair amount of things that people already criticize.

However, I understand what you're talking about.

It would be better to make it clear that if they do make it with a new cast that it's not intended to pickup from where the original left off, or even directly reprise the original.

If they're going to use a new cast, they might as well address the concerns that arose in the original, but essentially revamp the whole story to be more contemporary.

This would require rewriting chunks of the plot surrounding location and some of the dynamics. However, to ensure that it's not so different that it loses all of the edges that made it so awesome, they would likely only have make the one playing the "passive" role more active, and make it clearer that the situation is actually going exactly as they really want it to... basically bring in some authentic role-play vibes to scenes that may cause problems otherwise.

I recently learned that Eastern Tradition for merging existing families is that the children are socially indistinguishable from blood descendants of both parents, even if only one parent is actually a biological parent. Which means socially, there is no such thing as "Step" children/siblings. That's where that particular controversy arises. To address that in a remake, it would be better if the parents in question, were in the process of getting together, but haven't yet made it legal. That would technically act as a loophole in that social dynamic, & make their pairing socially acceptable to more conservative Eastern Audiences. Since technically they're not truly "Brothers" since the formalities of the process have yet to be set.

Basically, it would be a way to revive the series, keeping what made it good, but adjusting the tropes to better reflect recent developments in how people feel about them....not that it was all that bad from what I remember.

Reavel:

I just finished the books and I've all this ideas... wild ideas. If they go by the books they could even make up to 4 season if they wanted with all that materials. The season available now only covers like 1/4 of the 1st book so yeah...... looking forward to whatever they do even if they change the actors I hope they do something. It would be great if the original cast was available but I am open minded.

can you share me the link of the digital copy if any?

Reavel:

That would be the greatest gift of my life.