Why Cha Young is my favourite FL of all time...so far.

I know this is an extremely strong claim to make, but let me rationalise...
Admittedly Cha Young presented as an amoral, social-climbing, money-hungry lawyer type, who would sell out her own father for success. All things that would normally make me despise someone. But as the drama unfolds, her character has started to fill out and she has become my (anti-) hero. Especially when compared with Choi Myung Hee - also a badass female character, but with whom I'm failing to connect, because she appears to have ZERO moral compass.  Is she motivated by winning? Is she trying to redress a gender imbalance in her profession by being even more amoral than her, mostly male, colleagues? What the actual EFF motivates her? Any ideas?! I'm hoping more comes to light in coming episodes.

Meanwhile, why I love Cha Young so much:

Her intense, enraged and controlled grief over her mother.  Then her father.

Her absolute glee at discovering Vincenzo's mafia-ness.

Her tongue in cheek, cheesy response to being incarcerated. Head through the bars, side-eye...

Her dance/martial arts, putting on her jacket, move - I've been trying to copy it - flick those fingers!

Her hip swaying, dorkly, high heels walk. In my mind I'm thinking, she's thinking, "If I just prance a bit, and show some front, no-one will remember I was a complete dork in high school and have no idea how to walk on these things!"

The fact that she was a complete dork in high school, as evidenced by the photos her dad kept, in his office.

Her complete lust for life and sense of amusement and entertainment at every moment. Again I'm thinking, she's thinking, "This situation is shit/hard/entertaining (whatever the scenario) but I'm going to see the fun it, and probably discretely take the piss, for my own entertainment".  
I want to be her friend. She just seems like so much FUN to be around!

I smiled so much reading this!!! I love her character so much and I can't believe you put every reason into words. I seriously adore her scenes and- while I get that everyone has their favorite and least favorites- it kinda hurt to see people bashing her acting and character in the comments of the show. I love her quirky and motive-driven personality and how you can immediately know what she's really thinking even if she's pretending to be doing something totally different! I adore her so much, she definitely became one of my favorite female leads.

I struggled with the hate comments too, which motivated me to write this. Great to hear I am not alone :D

Agreed!! I don't know if she's my favourite lead of all time but I love the fact that she's allowed to be both ruthless and extremely competent (no damsel in distress here but a real equal to Vincenzo) as well as funny and kind and dorky. She's a really well-rounded character and her ability to really give as good as she gets and take care of herself is extremely refreshing.

Ugh she is definetely the reason I started this drama and she has never dissapointed me as some have stated above I also suffered witht he hate comments towards the character/actress, but I knew my girl was going to prove them wrong she had the chops.....she is a versatile actress so are all the actors specially the main leads...Im also surprised at Ok Tae Yeon, Song Joon Ki I've watched him only in Chronicles and I loved his Saya character only so I  knew he would delivered.....but JYB is on another level...she is BEAUTIFUL and very talented....

Silvestria:

Agreed!! I don't know if she's my favourite lead of all time but I love the fact that she's allowed to be both ruthless and extremely competent (no damsel in distress here but a real equal to Vincenzo) as well as funny and kind and dorky. She's a really well-rounded character and her ability to really give as good as she gets and take care of herself is extremely refreshing.

I think her character is one of the best written and acted characters, lately.  She used to have my love the same way as Jung Eun Chae, I think she is beautiful and talented as well she just need that breakthrough character to make it shine, Im a sucker for underrated beautiful and talented actresses.....

I strongly agree, she is the kind of FL that I'd like to see more often, because she is neither just badass, or just a crybaby that needs protection.

In my opinion, she is just well-balanced, and that's a really cool character