For all the Princess Agents enthusiasts, here we can list all the references in The Legend of Shen Li about our favorite couple's previous show:

- Xing Yun drowning and Shen Li saving him by grabbing his hair: in The Legend of Shen Li episode 3, Xing Yun falls in the water and Shen Li dives in to save him. It's a reference to the final Princess Agents episode (episode 58) when Chu Qiao is trying to save the drowning Yu Wen Yue. In PA, Wen Yue falls in an iced lake and Chu Qiao dives in to save him. But Wen Yue, fatally wounded and feeling that his end is near push Chu Qiao back and tell her to live on. Chu Qiao continues to float in the water, unable to reach the man she loves... The witty twist of this PA reference is that Shen Li successfully reach for Xing Yun much to the relief of all the PA's aggrieved fans hearts out there but she manages to do it humorously by grabbing his hair. 

- Xing Yun telling Shen Li that she can't swim: not sure about this one but my guess is that everytime Xing Yun makes a reference about Shen Li's inability to swim - like in episode 1, when Xing Yun makes Phoenix Shen Li take a bath and she can't swim to save her own life - it may also be a reference to the famous PA's drowning scene. Indeed, can you imagine the agony and frustration for any PA's fans that Chu Qiao never managed to save her lover out of the water? 8 long years of waiting for a ZLY-LGX reunion to happen and for a well-deserved happy ending! 

- Xuxu the chatty bird parrot-like (first apparition in episode 7) may be a reference to the equally cheeky bird in PA (I think we first meet it in episode 4). The witty twist being that in TLOSL, the annoying bird ends up being tossed around quite a lot by our couple and deprived of speech for much of the series by his former master in PA!

If you have any other references, and I'm sure there's plenty other ones, share it with us!

P.S: I couldn't find an exhaustive resource about these references, but if there already is on MDL or anywhere else, please do let me know! Also I haven't read entirely yet the novel which Princess Agents is based on "The Legend of Chu Qiao: Division 11's Princess Agent", so let me know when I'm extrapoling!

- Lost in the crowd: in PA, during the lantern show for the Emperor's birthday (episode 11), Yu Wen Yue tells Chu Qiao (then Xing'er) to hold onto his sleeve because it's too crowded and he doesn't want to have to search for her if she get lost. In TLOSL (episode 17), during the New Day Festival, when Xing Zhi let go of Shen Li's hand, they're indeed separated by the crowd and can't find each other.

- The cute rabbit lantern: In PA (episode 11), still during the lantern show, Yu Wen Yue buys a cute rabbit lantern for Xing'er. In TLOSL (episode 17), during the New Day Festival, Xing Zhi buys again a cute rabbit lantern for Shen Li.

- A talkative, shrewd and greedy character with an air of déjà vu: Do you recognize who is the fortune teller on the market in TLOSL (episode 2)?  Yes! This fortune teller is played by the same actor (Wang Chun Yuan) that played Zuo Man Cang, the shopkeeper and silent Chu Qiao protector in PA (first seen in episode 16). 

blimarch:
- Xing Yun drowning and Shen Li saving him by grabbing his hair:

I had a really good laugh during this part. Lol. Xing Yun's face and his choking :-)

blimarch:
The cute rabbit lantern:

This was definitely a throwback to Princess Agent. Cuteness!

HeadInTheClouds:

I had a really good laugh during this part. Lol. Xing Yun's face and his choking :-)

This was definitely a throwback to Princess Agent. Cuteness!

And it's bringing ZLY and LGX's already off the chart chemistry, in the legendary territory ! 

Thank you! Also add her fav braised pork belly dish!

Haveninmuse:

Thank you! Also add her fav braised pork belly dish!

You're welcome :) Oh I don't remember that Chu Qiao said that she loved pork belly dish? Though I remember she fought with Yu Wen Yue to eat all the meat! Is that what you're referring to?

I thought there was a lack of images to illustrate the parallel between the two dramas, so here they are!

Yu Wen Yue/Xing Yun drowning and Chu Qiao/Shen Li diving in to save him: 

I-don't-know-what-its-name-is-in-PA and Xuxu, the cheeky annoying birds parrots-like:

A talkative, shrewd and greedy character: the fortune teller on the market/Zuo Man Cang, the shopkeeper  

Lost in the crowd: Yu Wen Yue tells Xing'er to hold onto his sleeve because it's too crowded 

Xing Zhi let go of Shen Li's hand, they're separated by the crowd and can't find each other

Yu Wen Yue/Xing Zhi buys a cute rabbit lantern for Xing'er/Shen Li

blimarch:

You're welcome :) Oh I don't remember that Chu Qiao said that she loved pork belly dish? Though I remember she fought with Yu Wen Yue to eat all the meat! Is that what you're referring to?

Yes, also in the very beginning after the slave hunt, Chu Qiao's brother gives her food with a piece of braised pork and she said it was the best thing she's ever tasted. In the jail with Yan Xun, she talked about it being her favorite dish.

Also want to add!

Haveninmuse:

Yes, also in the very beginning after the slave hunt, Chu Qiao's brother gives her food with a piece of braised pork and she said it was the best thing she's ever tasted. In the jail with Yan Xun, she talked about it being her favorite dish. 

Oh, I see now! Thanks! Here it comes:

Chu Qiao/Shen Li being a meat eater enthusiast, especially for braised pork