So just finished episode 10 (my heart is sore) and I have to say I'm enjoying the additions / adaptations from the novel to the series. Overall the novel is darker/ harsher and they've lightened it up a lot. Plus the amazing acting helps. 

One was the [spoiler] reason why there was a rift between the families. This one seemed to make more sense maybe than that given in the book

The other is the [spoiler] inclusion of Ink as a love interest

The other is the change in character of Wai from novel to series.

And it looks like in the series they do [spoiler] leave together whereas that was a big plot in the novel.

Anyone loving the differences 

i'm loving both version 

cz we know that drama adaptations never follows a novel thoroughly. Even the masterpiece TU got some details added. 

tho I wondered how will they end the drama cz in the novel Pran was send abroad.... and it takes a long time for them to get back together. for they are some details during the separation, about Pat's fiancee, their company and how Pat trying to get their companies to work together where Pran's father saw the goodness in Pat... I love how Pran was mad at his parents and they acknowledge that they are wrong after. 

i just hope the the drama did not end like 1000star or  golden blood again.. where one of them have to leave but then  time went by and then he came back again after 10 minutes... (─‿‿─) 

Kissy:

i'm loving both version 

cz we know that drama adaptations never follows a novel thoroughly. Even the masterpiece TU got some details added. 

tho I wondered how will they end the drama cz in the novel Pran was send to Paris...? I think....? and it takes a long time for them to get back together. for they are some details during the separation, about Pat's fiancee, their company and how Pat trying to get their companies to work together where Pran's father saw the goodness in Pat... I love how Pran was mad at his parents and they acknowledge that they are wrong after. 

i just hope the the drama did not end like 1000star or  golden blood again.. where one of them have to leave but then  time went by and then he came back again after 10 minutes... (─‿‿─) 

ouh and I havent ep10 yet. wanna wait tp watch ep10, 11 and 12 altogether (¬‿¬ ) 

Ok I deleted my comment as it contained spoilers for episode 10 😁.

Pran was sent to England to be with his cousin P'Pong in the novel and Pat was jealous of him! I really can't see a similar situation in the series as we have a different story surrounding the parents etc 

Chelsea Black:

Ok I deleted my comment as it contained spoilers for episode 10 ?.

Pran was sent to England to be with his cousin P'Pong in the novel and Pat was jealous of him! I really can't see a similar situation in the series as we have a different story surrounding the parents etc 

have seen it in many...  

when a parents got involved, one will be send abroad...  and then time passes... (more like only 5 minutes the drama) and then they get back together again.... the end...  (╯_╰)  

hoping  for a different thing this time

I think this will be different. They be really done well to stay away from tired BL tropes 🙏🏾

The only thing I didn't like about the change in the series is Wai's character arc. But that aside, I love everything else, BBS added a lot more depth, especially to Pran's character which I'm so thankful for, like he has an obvious character growth while Novel Pran was still emotionally repressed till their separation. Novel!Pat also gets his development due to the separation but I feel like the series is highlighting all his best traits after reuniting with Pranand ESP after realizing his feeling so no need for all the business side of things to mature.  I don't think BBS patpran will separate AGAIN it's already happened.. and going by the episode count there will obviously be no fiancee and cousin plot. Seems like episode 11 will be them running away (Which is another Pran change I adore)  for a while, and episode 12 probably the aftermath and probably Parents redemption where they'll accept the relationship? 

Thanks fei and, I agree. Novel Pat was more reckless than Series Pat and Novel Pran was so repressed and ignored Novel Pat so much that I found myself frustrated with him more. Series Pran is just the right mix of quieter, introvert with a touch of confidence.

I can't see Punch being in this and I'm glad they ran away together too. It's really a beautiful adaptation which is close enough to the book whilst making it better. I think there is a maturity to the way the Series couple love and talk which is obviously challenging the BL tropes and I love that about the series.

I also didn't like Series Wai and that whole story line. It would be cute if Series Wai gets with Korn though as they've now tried to make him a cute character as opposed to the villian he was eps 8/9  :D

Haven't read the novel, but I'm very curious, what was the reason for the family rift there? 

randomisawesome:

Haven't read the novel, but I'm very curious, what was the reason for the family rift there? 

It was more to do with business issues as they mentioned in the series such as staffing and undercutting on tenders etc.  Then one of the families were struggling and asked the other for a million which as there was a recession they didn't give and it went down hill from there. But also Pat's family wanted him married to a woman so there was more homophobia in the book.