Lol he's really just ranting about how Hong Kong is more westernized IMO. Which is the case with Beijing and Shanghai but you don't see him bashing them.... >_>
No... he said, Hong Kongers are bastards and dogs...
bannie wrote: No... he said, Hong Kongers are bastards and dogs...

From the first 1-2 minutes I watched, I think he was just saying that Hong Kong'ers are sell outs/culturally inferior to Mainland China. But I actually DO think that some people residing in Hong Kong think Hong Kong IS superior to the mainland in some ways. I remember reading a Jackie Chan interview where he was saying that the filmmaking in Hong Kong was better in Hong Kong (Don't remember the reason)
bannie wrote: No... he said, Hong Kongers are bastards and dogs...

I know what he said. But it came off to me as if he was attacking Hong Kong for it's more westernized ways. Especially when he touched on the subject of morality...

Skye-N-Rain wrote: From the first 1-2 minutes I watched, I think he was just saying that Hong Kong'ers are sell outs/culturally inferior to Mainland China. But I actually DO think that some people residing in Hong Kong think Hong Kong IS superior to the mainland in some ways. I remember reading a Jackie Chan interview where he was saying that the filmmaking in Hong Kong was better in Hong Kong (Don't remember the reason)

I can agree with this.
it's natural to be partial for your own country, doesn't mean you have to insult others...
Juniko wrote: it's natural to be partial for your own country, doesn't mean you have to insult others...

They're both considered China though :P
lol like Taiwan To my chinese friend, I said : "Are you from China, or Taiwan ? " she said : "It's the same thing!" I smile and thought : "Yep, China it is..."
Juniko wrote: lol like Taiwan

To my chinese friend, I said : "Are you from China, or Taiwan ? "
she said : "It's the same thing!"
I smile and thought : "Yep, China it is..."

Taiwan is actually more different though. While China WANTS Taiwan, Taiwan it has its own government/doesn't really answer up to the Chinese Government (if im not mistaken. )
Skye-N-Rain wrote: Taiwan is actually more different though. While China WANTS Taiwan, Taiwan it has its own government/doesn't really answer up to the Chinese Government (if im not mistaken. )

Don't forget it has it's own flag...
Raventhedark wrote: Don't forget it has it's own flag...

Oh right forgot to mention that.
What about Tibet ? What exactly i its condition ?
Tibet is the same as Taiwan IMO They're both Independent. Mainland China just claims otherwise, and puts pressure on the International community to comply with what they want...