if you have a lot of money that is. you can stay in a shared dorm-type room, a private room, or a home-stay depending how much you want to spend, and take conversational Japanese lessons and learn/participate in cultural activities. classes are semi-private (2-3 students each)
keep in mind the prices are just for the accommodations and classes, doesn't include airfare and spending money, and i think only home-stay includes meals by the look of it.
might be a really awesome opportunity for someone who can afford it though

http://midream.jimdo.com/
sexy. but only 14 days. kinda insufficient whether its language learning or cultural assimilation. >.< i wanna go to japan for YEARS :D
I want to go,I want to go,I want to GO!!!:D But I must say my parents will probably decline anyway....
Mirichan wrote: I want to go,I want to go,I want to GO!!!:D
But I must say my parents will probably decline anyway....

you will take up too much space in the chikatetsu
bannie wrote: sexy. but only 14 days. kinda insufficient whether its language learning or cultural assimilation.

>.<

i wanna go to japan for YEARS :D

2 weeks is really nothing for learning anything lol. It'd make for a fun trip, but thats about it.
I'd just spend that money on a tour their.
bannie wrote: you will take up too much space in the chikatetsu

OHHH!I didn´t read that comment here thoroughly last night!

We have a very rude CHIBI here
true 2 weeks isn't long enough to really learn much, and they probably cram a lot of stuff in since the time is so limited, so you probably don't get much time to yourself to go explore and do touristy things.
So...dilemna... I WILL be in japan from 17 of July to 3 of september...so...do I spend more money and re-do my schredule to add this school to my plan ? haaaaa!!!!!! So hard to decide !!!
Juniko wrote: So...dilemna...
I WILL be in japan from 17 of July to 3 of september...so...do I spend more money and re-do my schredule to add this school to my plan ?

haaaaa!!!!!!

So hard to decide !!!

Ohoho :P Thats a long time. Why not just go off with yourself?
Juniko wrote: So...dilemna...
I WILL be in japan from 17 of July to 3 of september...so...do I spend more money and re-do my schredule to add this school to my plan ?

haaaaa!!!!!!

So hard to decide !!!

LOL and I am so jealous that you are "just going to Japan" and you even need to decide to TAKE WHICH ONE:D
>From courses I will proabaly never take in the next two years :)
Ahhhh no,no I am definetely gruding it for YOU:)

if it can ease your mind, think that I've been cleaning dirty toilets every single days for 10 months to afford that trip.
ahhhh i'm so jealous and excited for you :D i'm going next year but that still seems really far away to me. i will be working lots of overtime over the summer i think, which will help. i bank my extra hours so i can take paid days off, so i'll be able to go and still get a full paycheque :D but i think i'll start taking the money for a bit to pay down my credit cards, need to get those paid off before we go so we have spending money :D i have a year and 2 months to do it. i also made a coin bank that we put all our spare change into to go towards our spending money for the trip. we put some cash in there too, there's i think a couple hundred bucks in there so far woohoo. it's so expensive though and i need to buy ALL the things! how much Japanese do you know Juniko? if the course wouldn't be super beneficial (i'm guessing it's probably very basic traveller/survival, not really conversational) i'd say save your money and do stuff on your own or take some guided tours or something. where are you going/staying, what are you doing while you're there?
I'm staying in Yokohama, then Kanazawa, then Kyoto : aiming for theatre ! Both traditionnal and modern. There is also a lot of places I want to se and...a LOT of things I want to buy and taste (I'm French, travelling is mostly happening in the stomach ^^). I'll be staying in Youth Hostels.
oh wow, i'm sure you'll have a blast! will you see a Kodo show? they're amazing!! <3 i want to see them live. my brother in law got to perform with them for a tv special so i got to see some of the behind the scenes stuff on dvd.. really cool. they're amazingly talented. i think food-wise my inlaws will have a hard time adjusting when we go, they eat very bland stuff... you'll do well since french food tends to be rich. myself, i'm vegan so i'll just starve LOL but really i love spicy food and as long as it's vegan i'll try anything so i'm not too worried, i just need to learn how to order and maybe how to read some ingredients
True Japanese food is generally pretty bland... (except of course for the wasabi)... and I don't mean that in a bad way, just that the flavors are more subtle than a place like korea or thailand or india... soba, udon, tempura, etc all very simple, but delicious!... but yeah, as a vegan you will starve :) If you are really strictly no-exceptions vegan then watch out for things like miso soup (or basically anything with soup, or any stewed vegetables) because quite often it is made with bonito stock (but not always). There is always rice and pickles! But seriously, I have at least some vegetarian friends who have done fine, and I think there were some vegans among them. It can be done!