This is your one stop shop(thread) for breaking Japan-related news. Feel free to post and comment to your hearts' content :D

Starting it off:

Akanishi Jin to make his U.S. debut in November
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/10/akanishi-jin-to-make-his-u-s-debut-in-november/

Jin Akanishi is releasing his first single in the US, and it will feature Jason Derulo. Tokyohive says it will be released digitally, so I'm guessing it will be available on iTunes (but I'm hoping for AmazonMP3).

I'm not a huge Akanishi fan, but I'm kinda dying to hear this, lol. I'm so curious. I wonder if/how his sound has changed since his solo album.

[Edited to add: the video is posted here: http://www.mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?685-**J-News-Flash-**&p=93142#post93142]
I am a HUGE Jin fan, when I read on his facebook last night the date for the release I was so happy that i made my hubby person come in a look.. lol I can't wait, and will soooo be buying it soon (late anniversary present for me).. I heard a little snippet of it on LJ earlier today, and it sounds really catchy, a definite dance song.. and one of the versions of the release is going to have Paparats and Tipsy Love as well..
oopppps wrong info, but right info, lol the releases that will have the extra songs will be released in Japan..
ugh why jason derulo though
ladyfaile wrote: ugh why jason derulo though

oooo whatcha sayyyyy~

rofl
ladyfaile wrote: ugh why jason derulo though

Probably because they are both part of Warner, and similar styles? I dunno Derulo isn't ALL bad, just mostly..
it's just funny/annoying that every sing i hear of him has him blurting out his own name with autotuner, wonder if he'll do that in Jin's song. ooh maybe Jin will do it
"AKaNIshi JInnn~~" it's sorta hard to emote an autotuner but you catch my drift haha
lmao, yeah, I understand.. and the repeating his name over and over gets on my last nerve..
From the clip you heard, was it more dance or r&b? Was he singing in english? I have so many unanswered questions hehe.
It was in English, and more dance imo.. its called Test Drive.. it has market ability here in the states, at least from the little bit I heard
ty for the link :)

Hmm, idk how i feel about this. I also listened to the song performed by Derulo and it just doesn't sound as good as I think Jin can be. Maybe it will be better when I hear the whole thing...begin the countdown :)
I think if Jin stopped doing all the dance songs and concentrated on rock or r&b and got rid of the autotuner he would be much better.. I am actually thinking about buying one of the releases in Japan just so I have a really good version of Paparats and Tipsy Love, I love both of those songs..
I think it's really difficult to make a name for yourself as a dance artist. Dance music is more about the djs and producers. Even if you're a great vocalist, if your dj or producer isn't performing, you can't carry the song with vocals alone. I would really like him to try r&b or rock.
No D:: i don't like Jason Derulo but I LOOOOVE bakanishi.

all i wish is him to come back as an actor *__*