do you guys think that sol is a gay character? from her setup it really seems like it and I hope they don't chicken out about it because there is so little LGBTQ+ representation in kdramas. 

i got the exact same impression and that she likes her friend who went on the blind date. im keeping my fingers crossed that she’s gay

Seems like we're all thinking the same thing, but I think the drama is gonna set her up with the guy she spilled coffee on :( fingers crossed not tho!

she didnt seem interested in him at all though! it seems like they were setting it up to show she isnt into guys. im trying to stay hopeful!

i had the exact same thought, to me it seems like she's in love with her straight best friend — the one that went on a blind date —, and that's also why she seems to not want to enter the exchange program. but that meet-cute scene kinda threw me off guard tbh, i hope they won't make them a couple. 

same here! lets keep our fingers crossed! with the storyline on mine recently, i have hope!

same! it definitely seemed like they were trying to do a meet-cute vibe, but she so clearly seems into her best friend. 

omg glad i'm not the only one who noticed bc my friends all didn't notice it. she seems in love with her best friend and the guy she spilled coffee will confess to her

got the same vibe but this is south korea... i am not expecting much honestly. because sol bumped into a guy later on and a sort of vibe was somehow set (on his side at least). for me sol is in love with that cute best friend she has, but the way they presented that coffee dude later gave us an indicator that he will be all over sol in the next eps... always so dissapointing when SK dramas hint stuff like this but then don't do anything about it.

torochii:

got the same vibe but this is south korea... i am not expecting much honestly. because sol bumped into a guy later on and a sort of vibe was somehow set (on his side at least). for me sol is in love with that cute best friend she has, but the way they presented that coffee dude later gave us an indicator that he will be all over sol in the next eps... always so dissapointing when SK dramas hint stuff like this but then don't do anything about it.

yeah i definitely feel the same way my only hope is that mine actually had a lesbian plotline and they’re both on netflix

So I think Sol is gay, but the guy she bumped into will be super into her. I think the girl she likes will end up liking that same guy and this will cause a conundrum. Either that or she is bi, which is something that is TRULY never talked about in kdrama. 

Yes really hoping there are more gay characters in kdramas!!! Need more representation 

Sora:

Yes really hoping there are more gay characters in kdramas!!! Need more representation 

100%! especially because a lot of the representation that exists is pretty flawed, like in strong woman do bong soon (and more but this one just really irked me). I see the potential in this show for sure.

annilizn:

100%! especially because a lot of the representation that exists is pretty flawed, like in strong woman do bong soon (and more but this one just really irked me). I see the potential in this show for sure.

I also don't like how gay characters are portreyed, even in new dramas (like Awaken or even Vincenzo).

The best gay character I've seen so far in a korean drama was in Secret Garden.  It's ironic, because this drama is so old and criticized a lot nowadays. I hope the Sol's plot would be as good as Han Tae Seon's.

Was there any bi person in k-drama history?