Hi, guys! If anyone is watching Extraordinary You at the moment, I wanna know if you have any theories on how the drama is going to progress. At the moment I think Haru and Dan Oh know each other from perhaps a different comic (?) but only Haru remembers.

What do you guys think? & and are you enjoying the drama?

maya_x:

Hi, guys! If anyone is watching Extraordinary You at the moment, I wanna know if you have any theories on how the drama is going to progress. At the moment I think Haru and Dan Oh know each other from perhaps a different comic (?) but only Haru remembers.

What do you guys think? & and are you enjoying the drama?

After enjoying the drama so much I started reading the webtoon because I was so damn curious with how the story is going to unfold. There are many differences from the original webtoon to the drama tho, like, the Webtoon!Haru can't interfere in any Stage Scene, unlike Drama!Haru. And in the webtoon, the Dried Squid Fairy is actually someone from a different comic (a historical one) but since the author (the author of "Secret") liked his character so much, she put him in "Secret" as well, and he ends up suffering because of it.

I have seen a post on tumblr theorizing about how the drama writers might change Haru's backstory to Dried Squid Fairy's backstory from the webtoon, like being a character from another comic etc, which would definitely explain the scar on his hand (Webtoon!Haru didn't have this scar)

I love this drama. It's so interesting!

i think dan oh going die in the end

Fati Harry:

i think dan oh going die in the end 

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's my theory :

Dan Oh, Haru (and maybe Baek Kyung) were the main characters from another manhwa, maybe a historical one since Haru took Dan Oh to the lake and the palace, asking her questions as if testing if she remembers, and Dan Oh's throw-away comment of being a "princess" in another life. In that manhwa, they were the main couple.

Dan Oh also had the heart condition in the historical manhwa and eventually she was also intended to die (just like in "Secret"), but somehow Haru interfered and messed up the story board. Dan Oh died anyway, like the Writer wanted. Writer punished Haru for interfering by making him a nameless extra and having Dan Oh not remembering him. He was stuck in "Secret" and couldn't do anything because nobody had any interactions with him until Dan Oh became self-aware. Just like in their original manhwa, Haru will make sure no harm comes to Dan Oh, and that she wouldn't die again.

Bonus : Baek Kyung was Haru's bff in the historical manhwa. Haru and Baek Kyung never even interacted with each other before in "Secret", so why would he protect Baek Kyung from that basketball, unless they had a closer relationship in the other manhwa?

Also, Haru's other punishment in "Secret" was watching Dan Oh in a one-sided love with Baek Kyung.

LMAOOO my imaginations are going wild!

chai tea lattle 

Your theory is good but I think u forgot about one think, Haru somehow can change story.  When Dan Oh went missing in forest it was Haru instead of Kyung who help her.

My hunch is that Dried Squid Fairy and Haru definitely knows each other somehow, maybe from another comic? The way Dried Squid Fairy looked kinda alarmed/shocked when he found out that Haru was the one Dan Oh was looking for, I think Haru did something bad to him in another comic, somehow

I think Haru was the writerof the older, historical webtoon. Dan Oh was one of the characters that he created himself, but then fell in love with. I mean, look at the way he's always drawing her, even before she first approached him. And the way he comes out of nowhere every time to break her fall. There's also the way her heart starts to beat wildly even when he's just passing by- their characters are always so aware of each other. So, I suppose Haru might have tried to make her real, and messed up everything. Being an Extra in this webtoon and watch Fan Oh die might have been his punishment. Also explains why Jinmichae hates him so much (for making him kill his lover).

What do you guys think?

Anyhow I just love this drama sooo bad. I can't believe Wednesday is still two days away ????

After relentless searching, yesterday I was able to find the manhwa that Extraordinary You Is based on and to say that I got crazy over reading all of its chapters is definitely an understatement. I really wanted to spoil myself right there and then, so being the weak K-drama addict that I am, I finally succumbed to my desires. Well, you guys can't blame me to over step my bounds, because Wednesday is just too far away, so I needed a temporary fix. By the way, the name of the manhwa is July Found by Chance. It's no wonder that looking for the manhwa is so freaking complicated and difficult, because its name doesn't ring any bells or any sort of connection with its story plot. I mean why July? Is July supposed to be Dan Oh's English name or perhaps is that her other (character) name in a different manhwa before she got into Secret? Maybe, that's possible. At the moment, the manhwa has 47 chapters and it updates every 9 days at Mangarock, so check it out.

So upon reading, first , I realized as expected that there are bound to be differences between the manhwa and its drama adaptation. I don't think anyone ever goes by the book these days after all. One of the differences I noticed is the fact that Dan Oh's mom is well and living with her and her dad in the manhwa. At the same time, Kyung's mom was dead and he didn't have a stepmother and younger brother with him. He only has his father. Also, there are scenes in the manhwa that did not make it to our tv/laptop/cellphone screens, because they were omitted, like that time Dan Oh and her friends went to hangout at the seaside by jumping over the fence to skip school.

And I have to say there are a lot of added scenes in the drama and I wouldn't have it any other way, because it made the story much more interesting, especially its actors. For example, in the manhwa, it started off with Dan Oh already being aware of herself in the manhwa and is seen conversing with the Dried Fish Fairy. Then, they did a lot of flashback. Moreover, Dan Oh in the manhwa wasn't really as lively and energetic as the Dan Oh in the drama. The drama writers completely revamped Dan Oh's personality. Thus, she became must more likable and relatable.

Anyways, to me, it doesn't seem that the Dried Fish Fairy, Dan Oh, and Haru all have a past. It's true that the Dried fish Fairy came from another historical manhwa and he was a killer there. He killed a lot of people including his love interest, who was also an extra character in Secret. It was not explained yet how and why he was in Secret, but he was kind of semi-aware of himself in the historical manhwa I think?! His love interest has a long black hair.

Sadly, even if I do find raw chapters I won't be able to comprehend it, since I don't read and write in Hangul. But then again, I thought to myself, the less I know, the better the story will unfold before my eyes as I watch its succeeding episodes, not knowing what to expect, because it will provide me with just the right amount of suspense and anticipation. Hey, delayed gratification is not all that bad, because it makes the heart grow fonder, but if you guys really can't wait any longer, try checking out the spoilers from the link I placed below.  You're all welcome!

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/july-found-by-chance/44033-the-ending-of-the-webtoon-spoilers-ahead