What is the overall theme or message this show is trying to portray? Can it be seen by only looking at the overall tone of this first part of the series or do we have to watch all three parts to fully understand it all? What is the purpose of all the different elements of this show? For instance of an element, what was the purpose of waiting till the end to reveal the identity of the victim?

Just watching this for the first time, I understand that the show is portraying an interpretation of the subject of feminism vs the more prevalent misogynistic ideals of the '80s, and how women go about it: Su ChingYi has the dilemma of desperately wanting to settle down no matter if it means to be a mistress or following some guy she barely loves; Wang AiLien goes on to "destroying" her own life despite having a good family that supported her life and she by makes her situation and relationships worse by unnecessarily avenging her crush; Ah Ji who foolishly throws herself at a man who won't even bat an eye her way; Yuri who goes on with what her drug-dealing boyfriend says just so that he will still be with her. These are all themes of foolish choices that these women have to make for them to feel seen to have a place in society. 

This is just my first interpretation of this show, as I'm still confused about other elements so this interpretation might seem a bit off. But feel free to add to this to reach a better understanding of this show.