Sisters, this is a place reserved for all those who are interested in the LYF world:-). If you are willing, we can discuss the design of the Dahuang world in the drama, and at the same time create and supplement it on our own here. This can be regarded as a "setting version" of collectively created fan fiction, which can be based on history or mythology, or it can be based on pure imagination. I'm not sure if anyone besides me would be interested in this topic, but it's worth a try. All interested friends are welcome to come and imagine together! Now, let's get started :-)

NOTE: All imagination in this thread is based on the show, not the novel.

So, let me start with this: I have been thinking recently about the cultural differences between the three kingdoms of gods in Dahuang. According to what is shown in the drama, in Xiyan, both men and women should have their hair tied up, in Haoling, both men and women should wear their hair loose, while in Chenrong, hair can be tied or let loose at will. The Xiyan Kingdom seems to regard black/dark colors as noble, while the Haoling Kingdom values white as noble, and people like to wear light-colored clothes.

The Xiyan Kingdom advocates law and force, the Haoling Kingdom pays attention to etiquette and hierarchy, and the Chenrong Kingdom values family and lineage.

Also, below is what I imagined:

Haoling's industry and commerce are developed, so it is rich. Chenrong's agriculture is developed, so it has a large population. As we already know, the military of Xiyan is the most developed. Judging from the eating habits, the animal husbandry of this country should be developed.

The drama only shows that people regard the gods as noble and the demons as humble, but it does not elaborate on this. According to the laws of some foreign occupation periods in Chinese history, I think gods, humans, and demons in Dahuang may also be legally unequal. For example, if a god kills a demon without reason, he must only be demoted and pay compensation, while if a demon kills a god, he/she will be punished with death, and so on. Intermarriage between different races are not allowed either. But given that King Xiyan is the founding king of Xiyan Kingdom and he has the idea of equality, I think Xiyan Kingdom may have looser laws in this regard, such as allowing citizens to change official races by merit/contribution (like the demon General Ying Long who "turned into a dragon"). In addition, the relationship between races in Qingshui Town should also be more equal.

If this is the case, then this may be one of the reasons why Xiang Liu has lived for hundreds of years but still can only be a playboy: in my understanding, there should be no sexual attraction between demons of different species (even if they can all take human form, their smells must be different), otherwise, what kind of child will be born? ? A bull will not be interested in a mare, and similarly, a hydra demon will not be interested in an ordinary snake demon. This determines that it is impossible for Xiang Liu to find a wife among his own race, because we already know that he is the only known nine-headed snake in Dahuang, truly has no companions. Although he can have non-serious dates with female gods or women when pretending to be FFB, such relationships cannot last long, or there is a risk that his true identity will be exposed. And even if these women have feelings for him, he won't take it seriously because they don't know he is actually a demon and wanted criminal. Moreover, because he is destined to be enemy of Xiyan/wanted criminal, he cannot rely on his skills to improve his status and marry a god/human. Xiaoyao was the first woman he approached as Xiang Liu, so at first he had no idea what to do.

According to Chinese mythology, the human population should be the largest in Dahuang, followed by demons, and the number of gods is the smallest, and most of gods have traceable blood lineages, which is consistent with the background in the drama. Although the population of gods is small, the three kingdoms in the play are called "Kingdom of Gods". From this, it can be inferred that gods should be the ruling class. Most gods serve in government departments, the army, the public security system, the legal system, and the education system, ruling all living things in Dahuang (CX once mentioned to XY that "our grandmother is in charge of all silkworms and mulberry trees in the world"). Because demons are legally discriminated against, they are more likely to be demoted into slaves. Therefore, although the number of demons is far less than that of humans, their proportion among slaves is not low (I speculate that Xiang Liu may have been arrested for hurting a god or human for some reason when he was a child, so was demoted to slavery). According to the law, gods are prohibited from being demoted to slavery. If a god commits a serious crime, he/she will be killed directly.

So, guys, any opinions or additions, please? :-)

I appreciate you thoughts! But I have a doubt... Is Dahuang world real in Chinese history or it is Chinese mythology or just pure imagination of Tong Hua??

Sharanya:

I appreciate you thoughts! But I have a doubt... Is Dahuang world real in Chinese history or it is Chinese mythology or just pure imagination of Tong Hua??

Thank you! The original novel is about a real period of Chinese mythical history thousands of years ago. Because the novel is not entirely based on history, in order to pass the censorship, the drama makers changed the names of the characters and countries in the play, so it can also be regarded as an imaginary world:-)

ZYHLJ:
The drama only shows that people regard the gods as noble and the demons as humble, but it does not elaborate on this. According to the laws of some foreign occupation periods in Chinese history, I think gods, humans, and demons in Dahuang may also be legally unequal. For example, if a god kills a demon without reason, he must only be demoted and pay compensation, while if a demon kills a god, he/she will be punished with death, and so on. Intermarriage between different races are not allowed either. But given that King Xiyan is the founding king of Xiyan Kingdom and he has the idea of equality, I think Xiyan Kingdom may have looser laws in this regard, such as allowing citizens to change official races by merit/contribution (like that demon General Ying Long who "turned into a dragon"). In addition, the relationship between races in Qingshui Town should also be more equal.

I'm not sure about this.  I didn't get that impression from the drama.  Is this from the book?

HOW DID I MISS THIS?

Kokuto:

I'm not sure about this.  I didn't get that impression from the drama.  Is this from the book?

The content about the law is my imagination based on the history of China's foreign occupation period. If you mean the "people regard the gods as noble and the demons as humble", it is indeed shown in the drama. For example, when two generals in Chenrong army mentioned Xiang Liu, they said "that lowly nine-headed demon". When A Nian suspected that her father wanted to marry her to WXL, she also said "But my father never cares about family or blood...and lowly demon race." WXL once said to Xiang Liu:"Actually, you are just a demon. In the eyes of those arrogant gods of Chenrong, you are probably not as good as anything." Also, when WXL went to ask Xiang Liu about Sang Tian er, she said:"It is said that the Creator favors the gods, but I think it is the human race", and so on.

nathsketch:

HOW DID I MISS THIS?

Nath! I've been expecting you to come~ :-)

Thank you!! I come bearing gifts! ❤️❤️❤️

ZYHLJ:

Nath! I've been expecting you to come~ :-)

This has nothing to do with Dahuang, or Lost You Forever, but it’s Tan, so have some prettiness:

Michael Kors Interview

Also I think there are less boundaries between men and women in Xiyan than the other two kingdoms.. Xingyue's nature is quite bold even when it comes to express her love.. she pursued Cang Xuan boldly in public and said it's normal for Xiyan females while Fenglong seems to reluctant to let her do so, but she didn't feel shy even once... And, for Xiaoyao, she has to follow the etiquette to meet Jing or Fenglong... 

nathsketch:

Thank you!! I come bearing gifts! ❤️❤️❤️

This has nothing to do with Dahuang, or Lost You Forever, but it’s Tan, so have some prettiness:

Michael Kors Interview

Please tell me what's in the video... I can't open weibo links in India..

Also, a very important part of the drama was changed in order to pass the censorship, which I think is a total pity. It was the conversation between Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao in the woods when they were children. What they actually said at that time was "As long as I marry you, we can be together for the rest of our lives, right?" "Yes, then it's settled, we will be together for the rest of our lives, never be separated for a lifetime." Although they didn't really know what marriage was when they made this promise, I think this promise is very important to CX: in the years when he was separated from XY, he'd been subconsciously missing XY as his lost wife, and in his subconscious he believes that XY "originally belonged to him", which can explain his attitude and struggles in many things. But in order to pass the censorship, the drama finally changed it into "I will always be your sister/brother, then we can be together forever (if you look carefully, you will find that the actor's mouth shape does not match the dubbing at all)". This completely changed the meaning of this scene and made CX's subsequent jealousy seem inexplicable, which is really a shame.

Because of Censorship, almost all Xiang Liu and Xiaoyao's intimate scenes were also cutted off.. which leads that many viewers think she only treated him as friend and was not sexually attracted towards him.. It's mentioned in the book many times that she always find Xiang Liu more attractive than any man outside there.. It would have been better if they have added at least few scenes in the original form and not in changed version... 

Sharanya:

Oh, sorry, I forget that Weibo doesn’t work for every country :(

Let me see if I can find it somewhere else.

Kokuto usually brings us goodies from Twitter :)

Sharanya:

nathsketch:

Oh, sorry, I forget that Weibo doesn’t work for every country :(

Let me see if I can find it somewhere else.

Kokuto usually brings us goodies from Twitter :)

From Twitter.

https://x.com/tlmssusu/status/1739878462620606885?s=20

Here's the Michael Kors / Harpers Bazaar collab, which is visually more interesting.

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1739837459150909464?s=20