I love the mystery around this character. So what do we know about her so far:

• she has a clear disdain for the ANSP
  • we were shown a flashback of her tied up like a criminal being held over a dam (I think?)
  • the ANSP chief knows her, and told us she's been tortured
  • she went to university in Germany
  • she was placed in the dorm position over the objections of the former head (in fact I kind of suspect she was killed so Ms. Pi could be placed there)
  • she has listening devices all over the dorm and is keeping notes on the students
  • she has a walkie talkie that reports to someone, thus far unknown
  • she disappears once a month for the whole day and comes back exhausted. 

We also know from spoilers that there's one character in the bunch who was a former activist framed as a North Korean spy (I'm actually wondering now if that character is the cook and her dementia is caused by being tortured). 

My first theory was that she was the former activist who was tortured into taking the position to report on the students and help undermine the student activist movement. Others have pointed out that it doesn't really make sense for her to be working with the ANSP since she helped the girls hide Soo Ho originally. And even if we consider she may have lied about Soo Ho because she's doesn't want to be working with the ANSP we know the dorm is bugged. If the ANSP supplied her with the surveillance equipment then surely they would have been able to also use it rather than planting the ones Soo Ho removed. So either someone else supplied her with it or she bought for her own reasons. 

So now I'm not entirely sure, her working with the ANSP doesn't entirely make sense and if she were a North Korean spy she probably would have revealed herself as such to the others. 

Actually  the former head of the dorm killed herself  the night she got that phone call above. 

I suspect her as a North Korean also, because she hid Soo Ho although she didn’t know exactly who he is, so she doesn’t know him personally - I think. But I don’t know which side could torture her in the past..

Theana:

Actually  the former head of the dorm killed herself  the night she got that phone call above. 

I suspect her as a North Korean also, because she hid Soo Ho although she didn’t know exactly who he is, so she doesn’t know him personally - I think. But I don’t know which side could torture her in the past..

allegedly killed herself, she was just about to quit and leave the dorms because of health issues and just so happens to hang herself the night after complaining about her replacement? That scream suspicious to me. Someone wanted Ms. Pi in the dorm and killed the former head to make it happen when it looked like she was going to be in the way, that's my theory anyway.

Right.. It seems she survived a lot, she’s quite capable, she could be a spy. And although she listened the girls, she cares for them in a way. How she told them not to ruin their life because of a boy, for ex Young Ro when she brought Soo Ho to the banquet and she saw them coming in. And how she protected them so far in the dorm while being captured.

I really Like they are unwrapping her storyline and back story little by little. I feel she has many layers to her Charecter. The Actress is doing an amazing Job with her.  The Acting of just stares and looks is epic!

I think she’s the former activist, and the reason she “helped” the girls hide Soo Ho is because she also believed that he was an activist framed as a North Korean spy

And maybe the ANSP couldn’t use her equipment because the listening and recording devices are inside the dorm, so they couldn’t get to them? That’s a wild guess though, I have no idea how that technology works...

I don’t think it makes sense for her to be a NK spy. She could have revealed her identity to the other NK on several occasions. For example, she was alone with Gyeok Chan at least twice, in the bathroom and at the stairs.

asigemi:
I don’t think it makes sense for her to be a NK spy. She could have revealed her identity to the other NK on several occasions. For example, she was alone with Gyeok Chan at least twice, in the bathroom and at the stairs.

Yeah same, she's clearly trying to hide the walkie from them. I think her working with the ANSP makes the most sense with the info we have but there are a few things that make me question my theory. Can't wait to find out more!

She may be working with the ANSP, but I think her priority is protecting the students. Perhaps she'd sell Suho out had she seen him somewhere else, but she couldn't because he was in the dorm, and the whole uni would get in trouble.

It's confirmed she's was working with the ANSP right ? At first it seemed as if she was working for nk , but i guess like Kang Moo said they're all pawns + Pi hates the ANSP and wouldn't endanger her students . 

Her coming back to the dorm all exhausted must be because they torture her . It didn't seem like the previous headmaster liked her. I feel like Pi sees herself in Bun ok which is why she's harsh to her sometimes idk .

Curious to know more about her story . 

Elaniina:

It's confirmed she's was working with the ANSP right ? At first it seemed as if she was working for nk , but i guess like Kang Moo said they're all pawns + Pi hates the ANSP and wouldn't endanger her students . 

Her coming back to the dorm all exhausted must be because they torture her . It didn't seem like the previous headmaster liked her. I feel like Pi sees herself in Bun ok which is why she's harsh to her sometimes idk .

Curious to know more about her story . 

Yeah it looks like she was installed there to spy on the students for the ANSP. But she says she never turned over any of the kids to them, I think? The only thing not making sense is the surveillance equipment, if there are tapes why would they need to continue torturing her?

Her character is interesting and complex but seeing how secretive she is to both parties..i think she works for the ANSP but doesn't trust them..seeing how they torture people to punish them maybe her coming back to uni all exhausted is failing to report back? She seems way too clever not to notice something obvious like them hiding su ho...she was also against the ANSP searching. There are more scenes where she doesn't support the ANSP than the NK spies. She also told kang moo to be quiet when he found out things about her from boon ok...like she's doing something top secret (something NK is good at) She was also willing to point out hostages who must go out first with great detail. That means she knows every little thing about her students. So she knew that yeong ro was the daughter of the ANSP director..and when asked which hostages to release she picked yeong ro..No one inside the uni building or the ANSP team outside have personal connections with her too which makes her character so mysterious. Hope we find out soon.

I am wondering who is in the other side of the Picture we only saw half of Today????? I feel going to be a Huge Reveal. 

Kdramas Inspire Hope:

I am wondering who is in the other side of the Picture we only saw half of Today????? I feel going to be a Huge Reveal. 

I have two theories on that

1. Boon Ok's sister. maybe they were friends.

2. Ms. Pi's boyfriend? Director An was blaming her that she went to NK with her lover. (I'm not sure that's true though... He was torturing her, maybe he was making things up? I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying, I was in awe of Yoon Se Ah's acting at that moment <3 )

But I'm leaning more towards theory 1. 

I'm up to episode 11.  I'm beginning to suspect that she's a lesbian and was in a relationship with Boon-Ok's older sister. We have yet to see who's in the photo with her. She said that someone asked her to hire Boon-Ok (this was probably Boon-Ok's sister's request) and this would explain why she puts up with Boon-Ok's misdemeanor and scathing attitudes. Boon-Ok threatened and said something like "I'll tell everyone your REAL secret;" meaning that Ms. Pi's spying for ANSP wasn't even her real secret. So....what's her real secret? That she's homosexual? I'm betting my chips on this speculation.

Sakie & Asigemi I agree with you both on your theroies I am leaning she has Dated A girl and we will find out in the weeks ahead. Ep 11 Was amazing