It's mixed English and Korean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uRR5YxSuIM

There is so much about the show that I genuinely love. A lot of the times when I see autism on TV, I’m very critical and nervous about it because I realize that’s what people will later think of me or other people like me. Adult and autistic women are usually underrepresented on TV but ‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo’ doesn’t feel like the stereotype of what autism is.

What feels like a fantasy to me about watching a drama like this is the way other people perceive the things that are hard for us and acknowledge our existence. People always seem very supportive of Woo Young Woo, and I think that’s a little bit of a fantasy as well.

We are really not that different from you. We just need more support from time to time.

Watch it here (mix English and Korean): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uRR5YxSuIM

As someone also with Autism Spectrum Condition (or is it still a disorder?), I’d just like to say thank for you posting this and for your other autism perspective posts on this forum.

I present as neurotypical so I haven’t experienced the challenges that most ASC people deal with. As a result I don’t really know much about my own condition, or the condition in general, and I’m not part of any ASC community (I’m not even sure if that’s a thing). Your posts provide additional insight about something that I really should be more aware of.

architect0:
As someone also with Autism Spectrum Condition (or is it still a disorder?)

On the British Isles, it's commonly called "condition" nowadays (at least from what I've read) but in North America and elsewhere, it still is called "disorder".

Personally, I just use "autism" or "autism spectrum". But if one wants to call it "condition" or "disorder" or "disability", I personally do not mind. There is also a political side to it, if people stop calling it a "condition" or "disorder" or "disability", they may not get the support they need because country laws only provide support for … well … "disabilities".

And many need support too. Personally, I can still tolerate not receiving support but there are times when I do need one badly. So from my perspective, I'm fine with anything. We're still a long way from "destroying" the misinformation surrounding autism and the epic fail of a system governments have (i.e. [1] requiring an official diagnosis; and [2] it should be called a 'condition', 'disorder', or 'disability' to receive support).

architect0:
Your posts provide additional insight about something that I really should be more aware of.

I'm glad to hear it is helping. ^_^