I'll start.  

LLH didn't die (duh).  He' saved by DFS who learns the Yangzhongman from FDB and uses it to sustain/cure LLH.  Because remember, DFS has far more internal power at his disposal than FDB, and he can probably enhance its potency because he's got a bunch of other techniques.  

Also Fox Spirit remembers he's the last descendant of Nanyin Royal Magical Dog line.  And he remembers the 'Pee of Resurrection' technique and pees on LLH's head while DFS is Yangzhongmaning him for accelerated healing.  He has to pee on the head and not the leg, because the Qi of Pee need to flow down from the highest point of a person (duh).

6 month later, a traveling party of 3 men (they are not gay, they swear) are seen traveling around Jianghu.  They travel by this Lotus Houseboat floating only on rivers and lakes because FDB took the Jianghu thing too literally.

One of them, going by Li Caifa 李财发, claims to be a divine fortuneteller and pawnbroker.  He can be seen at each port call hawking cheap-looking goods.  But after you hear his stories about the items, and oh he's got so many, you learn that these are actually fabled relics ... from this fabled Imperial Shanzai Collection.  

And there another younger pouty guy, and a scary mono-expression dude, but that's for another day.

(Could use some help w/ LLH's new alias from more competent Chinese speakers)

Honestly, I liked the ending; just wish the extra 5 mins were put into 40 and maybe had the other two plus doggie approach and surround him and the 3 men just standing there, starring fulfilled at the water together. That would have been a good wrap up and still left the audience satisfied and allowed for further future discussion novel-based or not. 

Enigma05:

Honestly, I liked the ending; just wish the extra 5 mins were put into 40 and maybe had the other two plus doggie approach and surround him and the 3 men just standing there, starring fulfilled at the water together. That would have been a good wrap up and still left the audience satisfied and allowed for further future discussion novel-based or not. 

Yeah I have no problem taking the ending as it is, this is just my excuse to have a little fun with it : )

They could have shortened LLH and Zijin's scene on the cliff, and just shown a two minutes' flashback, and replace it with the alternate (extra) five minutes. It is the followup to the gathering of the sects on the beach. 

Alternate ending:

DFS and FDB and Fox Spirit set off on a journey in the Lotus House, in search of LLH, believing him to be alive.  One day, they meet up with Beggar who has LLH's pouch. He says that he found it on the beach, buried in the sand. They go off to the beach, where LLH is standing, gazing at the waves. 

DFS (shouting): Master! Master!

FDB (shouting): Master! Master!

Fox Spirit (barking): Woof woof, Hua! Woof woof, Hua!

Fox Spirit called LLH, "Hua", btw.

LLH does not react. DFS and FDB run toward LLH, tears streaming down their faces. Fox Spirit catches up with them.

DFS (laughing and crying): Li Liang Hua! You are alive!

FDB (laughing and crying): Li Liang Hua! It is you!

LLH turns around, with a gleam in the eye. Fox Spirit smiles up at him.

LLH (smiling): Fox Spirit, did your Master feed you well?

Fox Spirit (barking): Woof woof woof! Why did you leave me behind, Hua? 

LLH: The road ahead of me was long.

DFS grabs LLH and hugs him.

DFS (crying): We looked high and low for you, Master.

FDB (crying): We looked near and far for you, Master. Fox Spirit saw that the beggar had your pouch. We knew you had to be alive... and not dead. Where did you go? What did you do? 

DFS: Did you find the Styx flower, to heal you?

LLH: Let's have dinner, and I will tell you what happened after I jumped off the cliff. That must have freaked out Zijin.

DFS: That weasel is still in charge of the Sigu Sect. Many members quit, and came over to my sect and to Tianji's sect.

FDB:  We opened a dim sum shop in the town, and we called it, Hua's Bao Shop.

The Avengers and Fox Spirit walk out of frame.

Also Fox Spirit remembers he's the last descendant of Nanyin Royal Magical Dog line.  And he remembers the 'Pee of Resurrection' technique and pees on LLH's head while DFS is Yangzhongmaning him for accelerated healing.  He has to pee on the head and not the leg, because the Qi of Pee need to flow down from the highest point of a person (duh).

I laughed out loud when I read this. DFS also gives LLH, the technique (... I forgot the name).

QAS:

I laughed out loud when I read this. DFS also gives LLH, the technique (... I forgot the name).

Glad you liked it, upon revisiting, it dawned upon me there's an 18+ joke parody version of this scene ?.  Maybe, it's good I went with this one  

The Avengers and Fox Spirit walk out of frame.

I think MLC Avengers edition has good potential

Hola,

Por mi parte si me gastaría ver más sobre LLH, sobre la descendencia de su familia y los misterios de su muerte y otras cositas más que faltaron en la película.