Upon learning about this drama and then watching the trailers I decided to read the novel and I was not disappointed. I won't say that I LOVED the book and it is my favourite. Because my taste in books is quite electric and I  also have a weakness for a cheesy romance. 

Anyways as I was saying it wasn't my favourite because the starting of the novel is heavy with gaming lingo and detailed explanations with the leads playing the game. As I am not a gamer I could not relate to it. But the way the write wrote the novel made it fun and the little interaction between the main and supporting characters were great. The ending of the novel is were we get a lot of the romance and less gaming. Thus the ending is my favourite. 

I think I will like this drama a lot because although I am not a gamer I Love dramas about games and such Kings Avatar, Love O2O, Go Go Squid etc. Love Scenery was nice but it did not give me much of the gaming thrill like those I mentioned.

Waiting to see how they incorporate the gaming. It might not be the drama of the year but I believe it will be enjoyable. Unless the script is messed up. As both leads I enjoy watching their dramas. 

Did you read the novel? What did you think?

Translated by Peanuts

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/youre-my-glory/?pg=4#myTable

I read the novel after watching the trailer too! It's my first time reading a Chinese novel translated in English since I can't read any chinese characters.

The gaming part, I can't say I understand it that well even as a kinda gamer myself since I don't play those type of MMO games. I think this is the part of the story that will be better translated in the drama version.

The romance however was A++ for me and I especially love the more mature (I describe as mid-life crisis) that Yutu faces in his career and in deciding to start the relationship. I hope that the drama will explore more on Yutu's time at the research centre.

Even in the English translation there were just so many nice quotes that touched my heart and made me want to cry. I especially love the line "You are the rabbit that has seen the most stars" and that's such a sweet thing for JingJing to say. And I absolutely love that it refers to the China rover that had survived way longer than intended. To integrate this into the novel in such a manner, is just too sweet.

Conclusion, I just can't wait for the drama and I'm glad this is the first Chinese novel I've read cause it left a huge positive impression that I might just pick up a few more!

Oh yes the quotes were so sweet. Also him coming to terms with their different social status was so nice and a refreshing change.

Yep excited to see how well the gaming is portrayed in the drama. 

I actually read a few Chinese novels translated into English too. 

I think you would like the novel for Falling into your smile "Your"re beautiful when you smile". I am currently reading it as the drama premiered today and I love it. This one I think is more romantic from the get go with a nice balance of gaming. I'm at chapter 32 presently. 

http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com/2018/05/youre-beautiful-when-you-smile-chapter_11.html?m=1

That's the link if you are interested.

Thank you! I will check it out. I saw the trailer and the swoony Xu Kai 😻😻 

I'm not really a type of person who will read the novel first and watch it  put it in live action.  I fully understand that not 100% of what you read in the novel will be copied in the  live action. However I cannot contain my curiosity to read the novel when I saw someone posted a link of the complete  translated copy, especially when I found out that it was the same author of the two series that I enjoyed watching ( Boss&me/ Loveo2o).
 I totally agree that the first half of the story is kinda baffling to understand especially  for those who are not gamers, you could easily  be lost with  the game terminology. When I was reading the novel I can't remember how many times I paused and reread some parts and googled it for me to fully understand. Good thing on the later part of the story there were less to no  gaming mention. 

I enjoyed reading the novel and there were some parts that I read it again not because I didn't understand but because it's one of my favorites .  I loved how mature their relationship is and also how relatable Yutu is, I mean when it come to choosing between your passion/dream and being realistic. I could go on with the list of reasons why I love the novel but I don't want to spoil it with others who has not read the novel yet and still waiting for the drama to be aired. 

Now since I finished reading the novel I have some expectations with this drama but  also at the same time I'm curious how are they going to execute it in the live action and how much of the concept of the novel they will follow or will they change a lot of thing just to fit it in for the live action drama. 

Hopefully this  drama will be aired soon.
And for those who are curious about the story I strongly suggest to read the novel but make sure to somehow prepare yourself too that maybe some of your favorite parts in the novel will not be included or changed in the live action. 

For those who doesn't want to be spoiled with the story of the novel better stay away, LOL.