I have  been waiting on this drama like many persons as I like both leads, am a huge fan of e-sports dramas and I have read the novel.

Coming of the high of Falling into Your Smile and jumping into You Are My Glory of course we will have comparisons and many will decide if the hype was worth it or which drama is better. For me both books were amazing and I will read them again and also rewatch both dramas. (Look at me re-watching before I watch YAMG ?)

However I feel like FIYS was a young, romantic sweet type of love while YAMG is a mature, slow burn sweet love. In both cases the romance and gaming is well balanced in my opinion. But YAMG deals with a more mature type of issues and situations as both leads have had relationships and have finished school and are working longer. 

So I love both novels for the differences. 

What are you expectations for the drama?

How do you think it compares to FIYS?

They are nothing alike, in my opinion.

Yes nothing alike at all. FIYS was all about gaming and e-sports. Gaming in YAMG is just a little part that is used to bring the 2 leads together. 

I have not read FIYS the novel but even with the negative press surrounding it, I actually enjoyed it. It's a simple and sweet story on friendship & love. Though I do feel the part where netizens go all crazy whenever there is even a small matter going on - a bit overboard. Then again, that could be true, I don't know.

IMHO, for YAMG it is a realistic & mature love story that happens to have the element of e-sports in it. I am just looking forward to seeing the novel and the characters come to life as I love the novel. 

I have read both novels, and watched FIYS. I know I'm speaking too soon but I loved the novels and will definitely love both dramas since they had great and suitable actors/actresses.

First, I think the only thing they have in common is that gaming has a big role on both stories. They both met through gaming. However, YAMG knows each other beforehand and the gaming aspect served as a bridge for them to reconnect again and build deeper connections as they got to interact everyday. YAMG is in realistic setting, applicable to the bigger audience and has relatable problems in life. They are both on the opposite ends. FL clearly has the upper hand, thus more confident. In the long run, some (mainly from her field)  may still question her choices because she could choose someone from her field or those rich man like her ex. Probably the only ones who could understand and accept her choice is those who are close to her and her fans. 

As to FIYS, in my opinion, their problems are only applicable to those who belong into the e/sports and entertainment field. FIYS is more aggressive, probably because they're both young and courageous. They may not have an equal footing when it comes to financial setting but both are known e-sports player. Yes, the FL is new to the field and ML is a veteran that is why there are a lot of criticisms when it comes to their relationship but that's it.. In time, both are respected and well-known players in the same field. 

In my opinion they are both different in many aspects...the only thing that is common is e-sports.

I have seen FIYS but didn't read the novel but I enjoyed watching it and I loved it. The e-sports in that drama is their ambition, dream and the e-sports is main aspect in the drama and it deals more about in gaming field.

However YAMG, as I love the novel...The gaming aspect is more like bridge for the leads to reconnect because they already know each other a long time ago...it doesn't revolve around gaming aspect...It has a relatable problems in ones life.

For me there is nothing to compare because both dramas are different and I love both.

I read everyone's comments and enjoyed reading these comments. My appreciation to you all. 

I walked away with these feelings. One, those who have already watch FIYS will not find YAMG boring, because the two dramas are really different in terms of plot emphasis. Two, it would seem that YAMG will indeed appeal to a slightly more mature audience, or, a wider audience. By that, I mean both those who interested in gaming and those less interested will be keen to watch this drama. 

In theory at least, it should result in higher viewership, once the key actors/actresses portrayed the characters well. And nothing could be safer than to be in the hands of Reba and Yang Yang. The screenwriter is also the author. The director directed Le Coup de Foudre, which was rated highly. All the elements of success are there. We can just sit back, relax and enjoy YAMG. 

I read the novel and watched FIYS and I think that this drama is closer to love scenery since the leads got together because of ML teaching the FL about gaming while FIYS is straight up about esports with romance while YAMG is romance with esports 

purelymel:

I have not read FIYS the novel but even with the negative press surrounding it, I actually enjoyed it. It's a simple and sweet story on friendship & love. Though I do feel the part where netizens go all crazy whenever there is even a small matter going on - a bit overboard. Then again, that could be true, I don't know.

IMHO, for YAMG it is a realistic & mature love story that happens to have the element of e-sports in it. I am just looking forward to seeing the novel and the characters come to life as I love the novel. 

Yes, I want to see how they bring the characters to life too.

Yes . I agree with everyone's opinion. The stories are different but nice in their own unique way. Also I an very curious to see how they will showcase the neitzens and press in the drama. I hope they don't change it too much to make it more dramatic, as the way in which the different encounters with them were well done in the book.  

I liked the description of e-sports being the bridge to the romance and the plot. As it was just that.

kcnlee:

I read the novel and watched FIYS and I think that this drama is closer to love scenery since the leads got together because of ML teaching the FL about gaming while FIYS is straight up about esports with romance while YAMG is romance with esports 

Yep.

Colessa:

In my opinion they are both different in many aspects...the only thing that is common is e-sports.

I have seen FIYS but didn't read the novel but I enjoyed watching it and I loved it. The e-sports in that drama is their ambition, dream and the e-sports is main aspect in the drama and it deals more about in gaming field.

However YAMG, as I love the novel...The gaming aspect is more like bridge for the leads to reconnect because they already know each other a long time ago...it doesn't revolve around gaming aspect...It has a relatable problems in ones life.

For me there is nothing to compare because both dramas are different and I love both.

Yes. I liked how Yu Tu really give a thought about how his relationship with her would be and that he has genuine concern and love for his parents.

WK1:

I read everyone's comments and enjoyed reading these comments. My appreciation to you all. 

I walked away with these feelings. One, those who have already watch FIYS will not find YAMG boring, because the two dramas are really different in terms of plot emphasis. Two, it would seem that YAMG will indeed appeal to a slightly more mature audience, or, a wider audience. By that, I mean both those who interested in gaming and those less interested will be keen to watch this drama. 

In theory at least, it should result in higher viewership, once the key actors/actresses portrayed the characters well. And nothing could be safer than to be in the hands of Reba and Yang Yang. The screenwriter is also the author. The director directed Le Coup de Foudre, which was rated highly. All the elements of success are there. We can just sit back, relax and enjoy YAMG. 

Correct. A great novel need great actors, directors, production etc to bring the story to life. So if you act good the drama should do well. I enjoyed Le Coup de Foudre. 

Have finished episodes 1 to 8 and it definitely delivered what I was expecting and I am enjoying the gaming more in the drama than the novel. 

I also do not think this drama is similar to any than have been released before. 

What do you think of these 1st few episodes?

The drama has ended and in my humble opinion. You Are My Glory was definitely better than Love Scenery, Falling Into Your Smile, Love 020 & Go Go Squid. 

I'm terms of E-sports Dramas Kings Avatar will always be #1.

But Romance with E-sports

1. You Are My Glory 

2. Go Go Squid 

3.  Falling Into Your Smile

4. Love 020

5. Dt Appledog's Time (Go Go Squid 2)

6. Love Scenery

7. Gank Your Heart 

How would your rank your e-sports/ romance dramas?

There is another popular e-sports drama that came out in 2020 or 2019 I think but I haven't watched it as yet. Can't remember the name.