I suddenly thought of this while rewatching the 1st episode.

Naksu only had 1 blue mark on her shoulder after she soul shifted.

But Mu Deok technically have 2 blue marks (eyes) on her body. 

Does that mean Mu Deok her self might be another soul shifter?

Conservative_Torch:

I suddenly thought of this while rewatching the 1st episode.

Naksu only had 1 blue mark on her shoulder after she soul shifted.

But Mu Deok technically have 2 blue marks (eyes) on her body. 

Does that mean Mu Deok her self might be another soul shifter?

I even thought what if Mu Deok or maybe Naksu is an offspring of a soul shifter soul just like Jang Uk... (◑○◑)

I had the theory starting from last week , MU Deok might be Jin family oldest daughter because they kinda hinted it a lot and the preview I saw for next episode had her dressed in some fancy clothes from a wealthy family.

Thecla:
That quote appears to be what the King wrote on a message left to Jang Kang right after they returned to their bodies.

It's not. The message the king wrote was just "I shall make Dohwa mine. If she bears a child, know that it's mine." It's literally just two lines and he found that message the first time he woke up in the king's body.

Thecla:
 "He could not retrieve his energy due to the weak body he was in, which is why I was given a chance. I was lucky."

It means he got close to Jang Kang with the purpose of learning the alchemy of souls, he got lucky that thanks to that incident he got to learn it. 

Thecla:
What still makes me suspicious is  that Jin Mu in his initial conversation with Jang-Kang's-Soul-in-King's-body (JKSKB) seems much different (humble and obedient) from the later Jin Mu (evil and calculating).

He was sucking up to Jang Kang so he could get what he wants. He's an illegitimate child, he definitely resents the noble families, especially his own. From what I gather, the Jin family has a tradition to be inherited by Women.

Naksu can be fated to kill the King. We all know who is born with the King star and is actually the rightful heir of the throne. The angsty scenes we will get from this..... 

chrish:

Naksu can be fated to kill the King. We all know who is born with the King star and is actually the rightful heir of the throne. The angsty scenes we will get from this..... 

Oh no, what do you mean she's destined to kill the king?

chrish:

The audience knows about Jang Uk's twisted paternity, but in Daeho, Park Jin is the only who knows (and Father Jang, wherever he might be).  

Ok, we all know Jang Uk may be the son of the previous ruler. But in fact, it doesn't make any sense at all. Even if they exchanged souls, that body still belonged to Jang Kang. After all, the soul has no DNA ?! : D It's twisted.

My wild theory: Naksu's body was not destroyed. One of those gloomy assasins (I don't remember the name) hid it and used some sort of illusion to show that it burned down.  This way she can return to her body at the end and we will get a happy ending :)

Izyda:

Ok, we all know Jang Uk may be the son of the previous ruler. But in fact, it doesn't make any sense at all. Even if they exchanged souls, that body still belonged to Jang Kang. After all, the soul has no DNA ?! : D It's twisted.

This is fantasy dramaland where DNA and normal logics do not apply ;) .

martar:

My wild theory: Naksu's body was not destroyed. One of those gloomy assasins (I don't remember the name) hid it and used some sort of illusion to show that it burned down.  This way she can return to her body at the end and we will get a happy ending :)

A perfect Happy Ending would be great, but I feer the drama writers the Hong Sisters like to include some bitterness. But this is fantasy maybe some Godlike Master creates just a new Naksu body out of whatever. Or she soulshifts into a "free" body.

Now that it seems that both Souls Naksu and Mudeok share a body the general question is who does JanWook love in the end? Naksu or Mudeok ??? Confusing...

Izyda:

Exactly. I was thinking about that while rewatching??? but this is a fantasy drama, so...

But what if at the end Jung Uk is indeed Jang Kang's son and not king's son.

And guys do you have some theories about Naksu's father?  I mean we got this retrospection at the beggining of ep 5, when Naksu was just a child and her servant, who hid her somewhere told Naksu "If you see your father, run away, don't let him catch you" and I think it is really really strangle like why her father would hurt her? for what reason?

RoseHoney:

And guys do you have some theories about Naksu's father?  I mean we got this retrospection at the beggining of ep 5, when Naksu was just a child and her servant, who hid her somewhere told Naksu "If you see your father, run away, don't let him catch you" and I think it is really really strangle like why her father would hurt her? for what reason?

I think someone mentioned this topic before.

In my opinion her father was a soul shifter. I mean: insindes her father's body and  was a another soul. He killed his whole household and then was killed. But the villain took adventage of the fact that Naksu was to small and didn't understand the situation. He used her pain and need for revange and made her an assasin.

Slim Xtra:

This is fantasy dramaland where DNA and normal logics do not apply ;) .

A perfect Happy Ending would be great, but I feer the drama writers the Hong Sisters like to include some bitterness. But this is fantasy maybe some Godlike Master creates just a new Naksu body out of whatever. Or she soulshifts into a "free" body.

Now that it seems that both Souls Naksu and Mudeok share a body the general question is who does JanWook love in the end? Naksu or Mudeok ??? Confusing...

You guys are good, love love all the theories and all of them are plausible, and yes including the fact that our Hong Sisters just love to give us open endings that veer towards sad endings (although I wish they go back to the days of Masters Sun and The Greatest Love where it's a full-proof happy ending). So yeah brace yourself for a Sun O Gong and Jin Sun Mi (A Korean Odyssey) ending.

I love Slim E Xtra's reminder too that this is fantasy dramaland so normal logic doesn't apply, after all, it's in a place that doesn't even exist on the map!

So coming back to the original questions on the thread:

Who is Jang Uk's dad?
It's the King, further confirmed through the fact that Jang Uk's birth has the King's star. Besides daddy Jang and Uncle Park (current head of Songrim), only Jin Mu knows.  The guy (Jin Mu) was 2nd in command to daddy Jang hence it's natural Jin Mu knows.  Being close to daddy Jang also allows him first dips on how to perfect (or so it seems) the alchemy of souls which is why he has the soul ejector device (which is interestingly only kept by his 2nd in command and not him - see ep 4)

Real Mu Deok's identity?
I agree with some theories here that Mu Deok is Jin's lost first daughter.  

We can infer this because:
1. Naksu didn't see herself against Mu Deok in the soul exchange "dream sequence"  at the hut when Master Lee wanted to take her soul. She sees Mu Deok against Mu Deok, which is a foretelling that Mu Deok's soul would consume Naksu's, and for that to happen Mu Deok must be some magically powerful soul or someone who has some kind of power to have a hold or even overcome the powerful Naksu. I don't remember if it's ep 6 or the preview of 7 that said, her eyes don't show the blue mark anymore. While Mu Deok thinks it's the eye drops that do the trick, I think it's because Mu Deok's soul overcomes Naksu's.

So suffice to say, Naksu is going to be dead, yes even her soul.

2. Mu Deok sees herself in Jin's family heirloom mirror and the mirror welcomes her back (see the preview of ep 7)

So if Mu Deok is Jin's lost first daughter, what happened? Why didn't anyone in the Jin household recognise her (except maybe mommy Jin - when she sense something when the birds went havoc when Mu Deok entered the household)?  Why was she "orphaned" or made to believe that she is and is made blind?

She is probably made blind and weak for a reason. She wasn't so originally and her original self was too powerful that it is dangerous for people (by people I meant the constellation reader peeps as well as the royal king mages group) to know about it.

Her disappearance may well be connected to Jin Mu being ostracised by the Jin family. My theory is that Jin Mu "lost" her while she was in his care.  But in actuality was supposed to kill her or was out to murder her or took her magic away from her and trapped it in the family's mirror.

This may be related to Jin Mu being illegitimate.  Daddy Jang alluded to this in ep 1. Mu Deok was "killed" because she is in his way to head the Jin household.

In any case, I think the real Mu Deok is a damn powerful girl and I think that power lies in her eyes as well (see above about her eyes losing the soul shifter's blue mark) because Master Lee did say considering Naksu's power, the weak body of Mu Deok would have been consumed by evil way earlier (he didn't know it was Naksu then).

On the subject of Master Lee, it's interesting he didn't pick up malicious intent from Naksu's soul but when ep 7 comes in (judging by the preview), it seems she's consumed by a malicious (or was that cheeky?) soul to wreak havoc. We see her happily seducing and kissing Seo Yul and the Crown Prince. This is probably the reason she was trapped in the mirror too, her soul is too cheeky to be used for such a powerful body.

Since we are on the subject of Seo Yul let's talk about..

Mu Deok and Seo Yul's relationship?
If we are looking at Mu Deok as a vessel of Naksu's soul, then I say Naksu and Seo Yul are basically first loves. The boy still pines for her (Naksu) but she just keeps the good memories and I don't think at this juncture see any future together. The ever-practical Naksu don't see why and how they can be together coz her focus is to get herself and her powers back and for now only Jang Uk holds that key even though she hates him.  In fact, she hates all 4 families coz she sees them as the killer to her father.

Again, I'm aligned with some theories here that the death of her father could be because of the discovery of the missing constellation plate that relates to Jang Uk's birth hence confirming him as the King's son.

There is also some truth to the theory that daddy Naksu may have been consumed by a soul shifter and hence have to be killed.  That soul shifter may just as well be the old King which I like to believe is still alive and well thanks to Jin Mu.

So where is his  (the old King's) soul? Probably in the hungry eunuch's body, remember, the old king is weak and hence could not have handled soul shifting very well very long. He was only able to take over daddy Jang for a week. But then there's the other question of why must the current 2nd in command to Jin Mu's soul be shifted to another eunuch?

There's also another question of who exactly is Naksu? How and what made her so powerful? We know she is the daughter of the constellation recorder mage who died but who is her mother? What is she made of?

Coming back to the original question of Mu Deok (as Mu Deok) and Seo Yul, I don't think there is anything going on but Seo Yul might just fall for her for real (if she keeps the flirting going after Naksu left her soul).

Now for the question of who is Jang Uk in love with? Both! Mu Deok (physically) and Naksu (for her soul - or was that the power it holds for his power to be unleashed?) but with Mu Deok overcoming Naksu, I think Jang Uk will go with Mu Deok and if our theory is right about Mu Deok being Jin's first daughter, he would be more than happy to marry her! Hahaha

Oh well, we've got 12 episodes to help us unravel these theories, so let's see if any of these holds true.
Looking forward to the weekends already!

After watching the drama's newest episode I have some wild theories again.

1. Mu Deok seems to be definitely related to Jin family. Seems like she's the eldest daughter of the family.  She seems to have gone missing somehow. And lost her memories. And the mirror said welcome back to My Deok. And how the hell she even get into that cave?

2. In the first ep they said it has been 20 years since they last saw a soul shifter, and it was a disaster. Upon thinking about it, Naksu's father might have been that soul shifter. Or victim of the soul shifter. Because on the day Naksu's father bought he her to his workplace, her father's maid told little Naksu to run away from her father. (Or was it a translation mistake?) And why would the leading Mage families kill her father. Was it because he was a soul shifter or a soul shifter was inside his body or was it the fact that he knew about Jang UK's birth secret?(king's star)

3. And Jin Mu might not have known about Jang UK's birth secret. If he knew either he would have got rid of Jang Uk when he was a child because he's a threat to his current pupil crown prince. Or he might have supported Jang UK's to take advantage of him to overthrow the crown and get the power to Jang UK. So he can again lead a successful life as the mentor of King.

4. And that mirror does it predict future? Look at the wicked smile it had on Jin Cho Yeon when she broke the jade. 

5. The the king can't have soul shifted to eunuch. Why would he ever be obedient to Jin Mu's commands if he was the king?

5. I don't even remember the things I wanted to share with you all. I thought about so many things to the point they have gone out of my short term memory.