Let's make this discussion forum a place to share all your theories about the drama. So that everyone can enjoy them.

What are your theories on 

1. Jang Uk's father ?
  2. Real Mu Deok's identity ?
  3. Mu Deok and Seo Yul's relationship ?
  4. Just anything you can possibly imagine.

LET'S CONTINUE THE LEGACY OF THIS FORUM

Share all you wildest theories about Alchemy of Souls part 2 in this forum

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/alchemy-of-souls-part-2/80989-your-wildest-theories-on-aos-part-2

AoS part 2 wildest theories forum

Let's continue the legacy again.

Thank you so much for creating this forum! ♡ ´・ᴗ・ `♡

Jang Uk's father ?

-Biologically (Flesh, Blood, and Power) Jang Gang but in terms of Soul, it is definitely the Dead King. But I still believe both are Jang Uk’s parents. However, they’re both trash cans for leaving him to find out his identity alone and for not letting him decide for himself. Honestly,  them as his choice for a Father(s) will not end in any good way.  Jang Gang left his position to a  jerk named Jin Mu so if Jang Uk steals Jin Mu’s position, he’d just be a target of anger for the greedy people. And the King?He’s already dead too and the Royal Palace already have an Egoistic prince so they wont need Jang Uk anymore. ( ՞ਊ՞)

Jang Uk’s best choice is to just live happily ever after with Mu Deok in Naksu’s hometown peacefully. Mu Deok can just torture Jang Uk to practice swprds everyday in their little mountain. (ಡ 艸ಡ)
Naksu might as well kill them all first to not bring more troubles too lol ( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

Real Mu Deok's identity ?

- The supposedly dead Daughter of the Jin Family(Spring). (✿>ꇴ<) What if Mu Deok got kidnapped and lost her memory on top of losing her eyesight too?  Or what if the Jin Family abandoned her because she was born blind??! 

Mu Deok and Seo Yul's relationship ?

(☞ ͡ಥuಥ)☞ They’re the type of childhood soulmates who became VERY close  ‘cause of their hobby (swords and bird whistle). Oh and they also still CLEARLY(except seo yul with a memory loss) remember their days together despite the long distance relationship,lol. They did not have any more relationships after their break up since they still have lingering feelings for the other. ^ዋ⋏ዋ^

It’s them: (Seo Yul x Naksu)

To add, Naksu’s Father death: I commented this in the comment section but I’ll paste it here too:

After it was revealed in EP4 that Naksu’s father record constellations in the past, his death might have something to do with Jang Uk’s identity. He might have seen the King’s star the moment Jang Uk was born.
I think due to this, Naksu’s father was killed by the people who do not want the truth to be revealed (most probably The King and Jin Mu).
The 4 mages were probably ordered by the King unless Jang Gang wanted this to happen too to keep the secret so he let Naksu’s father die. ( っಠ ‿ಠ)っ
Thus, this may start a fight between Mu Deok and Jang Uk once they learn the truth.
Maybe Angst Incoming. ( •̩̩̩́ _ •̩̩̩̀)

PS: Although second lead sydrome is slowly growing in me, I still REALLY love Jang Uk x Mu Deok dynamic!: (⋆ ˆ3ˆ)♥(◕ε◕♡)

So sorry for the long reply. I hope you  had fun reading this. If not, I still hope you found my theories a bit interesting atleast. ( ´ ∀`)

That one has some good points. The relationships are quite twisted in the drama. So hope we can confirm our theories with future episodes.

Good theories!! I also want to share mine, though they're not solid hahaha

jxxwxxstan:

Good theories!! I also want to share mine, though they're not solid hahaha

Please share! I really love to hear and ponder theories of others! ˉ̞̭(′͈∨‵͈♡)˄̻ 

Conservative_Torch:

That one has some good points. The relationships are quite twisted in the drama. So hope we can confirm our theories with future episodes.

Especially with the relationship between seo yul x naksu. They may have been childhood sweethearts but it seems Naksu has broken up with him after she knew he was a grandson of one the mages who killed her father. (ಥ_ʖಥ)

Jang UkxMuDeok’s‘s relationship would need to build a big wall of trust for it to have a happy ending since it seems Naksu is very firm on her revenge. So I think she would still really be vengeful if she learns the “probable” truth that Jang Uk may have been the reason her Father died... (༎ຶ⌑༎ຶ)

I really dont want angst for AOS huhu but then I keep remembering how Hong Sisters created a very bittersweet ending for ”A Korean Odyssey” and “Hotel del Luna” …(个_个)

So true. I'm so afraid of a bittersweet ending

Conservative_Torch:

So true. I'm so afraid of a bittersweet ending

Ohhh IT WONT must not HAPPEN

Jang Uk x Naksu with a happy ending would live happily ever after in Naksu’s hometown as they grow a farm, sell goods to the village, and sleep & rest by each other‘s side everyday for the rest of their lives. They’d also have cute twins, one boy and girl immediately after their wedding where they invited the whole people of Sangrim ofcourse excluding the royal family lol. Oh, on the day of their wedding, they also paraded on Naksu’s village to let people see their beautiful wedding gowns and cuteness. 

And then we Alchemists, would be on cloud 9 and will be able sleep comfortably and rewatch our favorite scenes until we move on after this HAPPY ENDING. ♡ ´・ᴗ・ `♡

ill sign a petition and send letters to hong sisters everydayif ever a bittersweet ending becomes reality( っಠ ‿ಠ)っ

This is not much of a theory, it's some thoughts I just can't get it over my head. The eunuch that Jin Mu is protecting, must be someone important because Jin Mu has been feeding and keeping him close. He could be the king (Uk's half-father). If that's the case, what is his plan? Does Jin Mu know Uk is destined to be king? What are they trying to accomplish with an army of soul shifters??

If the eunuch is not the king, why is Jin Mu helping him? What are Jin Mu's plans? We know the guy is an illegitimate child so he couldn't be the Jin family's successor, which is probably the reason why he's so ambitious. Just how far does he want to go? 

So help me out guys haha

Thanks for creating this topic! I'm looking for moots who don't mind speculating on the story.

The most interesting probable theory (wouldn't call it a spoiler at this point) I've seen this week is, as pointed out by confusedpenguin on Naksu's dad. I too think that it's very probable that Naksu's family was exterminated to bury the secret of the royal alchemy of souls and the resultant heir to the throne though I thought only Park Jin was the only one knew the truth at this point? Why did the Seo and Jin family participated in it as well?

I've seen somewhere that some Korean commenters are speculating that the mysterious soul shifter that Jinmu serves is the ex king who actually intends to inhabit his son's body. Then again, why would Jinmu agree to a battle to death between the Crown Prince and Uk?

I'm also thinking it's very likely Mudeok is related to the dead Jin sister.  At this point, it feels like she was discarded for being weak but she could be rendered weak due to an illness or some magical accident or she could be pretending to be blind for some reason.

I'm wondering if Mudeok has another name when she's part of the Jin family and what's Naksu's real name.

Anyway I think the show setting us up for some serious angst. How would Naksu/Mudeok/Uk dynamic change when she knows the her family was killed to protect Uk? I hope Naksu will have the brains to recognize that Uk was as much a casualty as she was and help him to resist the forces of the ex King who will try to steal his body. 

Also, how would Naksu react if she knew the body she shifted into was of the Jin family? Will the Jin matriach recognize her daughter? 

I don't think the reason Naksu's family died was to protect the secret around Uk's birth. Why kill the whole family if only her father knew about the star? It happened after Uk's birth, but Jang Kang was still around. Also, all the families were there to watch the execution so Kang must have made up a really good justification to murder an entire family. Did he lie to everyone there?

@scenesonabridge @jxxwxxstan

If the eunuch is indeed the king, the most believable statement is that Jin Mu tried to save him before he died through switching the King’s soul with a eunuch!

If we talk about his plan, it would probably be to make his son(Jang Uk) reveal he’s his heir and make him sit on the throne so that he could get power or for him to let his son recognize him. He has became an Evil SoulShifter and so he might keep on absorbing souls so as to not die. He also doesn’t look like he wants to die anytime now so he is a red flag.

The worst case scenario is when this King find another body to inhibit if ever his identity is revealed and the main leads would have a harder time to deal with his greed and murderous acts. 

And, what if Jin Mu is taking VERY good care of the crown prince because he and the king have a plan to make his body be inhibited by the king? Oh noooo. Lol he’s going to use his neice’s body...it’s a bit funny since it means he will be cousins with his own son… 

@confusedpenguin wild theories indeed! LOL

If our wild theory holds true, then ex King is in cahoots with Jin Mu though logically I would have thought that the path of least resistance is to curry favor with the ascending King rather than to complicate the situation by transferring a dying King's soul into another body since Jang Gang went into (apparent) self imposed MIA. But this is a drama we are talking about...

Not sure if Jang Gang is aware of Jin Mu/ ex King alliance.

Not sure if Jin Mu's right hand man is having a secret alliance with ex King behind Jin Mu.

Putting aside how nonsensical this whole soul switching (and impregnating others through it) business is, if I was the ex King, I think claim to the throne via Crown Prince's body is a path of least resistance rather than through Jang Uk. Perhaps they are testing out whose body is more robust to inhabit through the duel? Though wouldn't the more powerful one will be more resistant to any attempt to usurp his body?

Wonder how Teacher Lee figures into the whole scheme. (You know that mysterious powerful guy who can take others out simply by the flick of his hand and summoning Sapsali into a dog body). Though his character will be essential to help Jang Uk master his power but I still wish Naksu to be the main master rather just a romantic precursor for him to discover his latent power.

Also I saw some comment about how Jang Uk will be the other powerful mage who can turn water to fire etc. But we all know that's not really a wild theory because this is the whole story about how Jang Uk rise to power. It's only a matter of time.

No theories but definitely questions: 

In the beginning, Jang and the king “swap” souls. So what happened to Mu Deok’s soul when Naksu transferred in? Naksu was found dead and subsequently burned so does this mean there is no road home? I’ve seen a bunch of theories about real Mu Deok coming back but this is the part that is a mystery - can souls fight back against being swapped? What are the conditions for this to work?

jxxwxxstan:

I  don't think the reason Naksu's family died was to protect the secret around Uk's birth. Why kill the whole family if only her father knew about the star? It happened after Uk's birth, but Jang Kang was still around. Also, all the families were there to watch the execution so Kang must have made up a really good justification to murder an entire family. Did he lie to everyone there?

I think it was not to protect but to “burry forever the secret”. Jang Kang’s reason of agreeing to the King’s massacre may have been to “protect the secret”. In any case, It is still a fact that Naksu’s father was killed with injustice.

I think its not Jang Kang nor the 4 mages who allowed the massacre, but its actually The New King.

In Daeho, the position of a King/monarch is more powerful than that of the mages so I guess making up a good justification to massacee is ”easy” for a King. This is proven when Jang Kang was unable to refuse or argue with the request even of the dying king in the past. So If the crown prince’s father is also that of a scumbag(if he also poisoned the Soul-Shifter King to death or is too greedy), the 4 prestigious families may have been ordered for the collective punishment of Naksu’s whole family for him to keep his position as a newly appointed king.

The collective punishment. It is a principle accusing Naksu’s family of sharing responsibility for a crime committed by Naksu’s Father that is “not even true.” Thus, allowing JinMu to manipulate Naksu that his Father was given unfair punishment. Although it is true, it is not the whole truth/reason. Naksu is simple minded so she probably never asked Jin Mu and only thought of revenge. And so, Naksu was easily manipulated and became a foolish tool for Jin Mu to successfully massacre Daeho’s mages. Until, Jang Uk found her and made her his teacher.

@ennekube

Swapping/switching means one out and one in. So how is the soul that went to a different body supposed to fight back the soul inheriting the original body? One condition, I understood so far, is that the blue mark is the sign of a successfull soul switch and Mudeok has this mark.  This would mean one soul transferred to Naksus body and one transferred to Mudeoks body.  When Naksus original body burned I was sad because I secretly thought/hoped that the "original" soul of Mudeok would be part of the story. I still kinda hope that this is the case as the soul switch mark in Mudeoks eyes is "special" and this could mean there is a special circummstance behind it. There is one mark in both eyes so in total it means there are 2 marks on Mudeoks body, wich could mean one soul transferred back into Mudeoks body...

I think the new mysterious master (that transferred the Jin relic into the dogs body) that surfaced in ep4 will bring light into this mystery. He seemed very powerfull. Powerfull enought to master the Alchemy of Souls. So maybe he "rescued" Mudeok Yis original soul.