JulyMoon:
It really is complicated at first. I also struggled. Here's what Shiro replied to me, it was most helpful for me, maybe it will be for you too. 

Yes! This was pretty helpful! 

Again, I still think this is overly complicated.. I don't understand why you have to complete a certain amount of titles per block.. it should just be the amount of titles in you complete in total

To make sure I have it right... I'm just gonna make it simple and do Lotus, round 1: 9 Blocks = 27 titles

That's THREE titles for each separate "block", so NINE different blocks with a total of 27 complete titles

..right now I have three "blocks" on my sigh up post and I'm suppose to ADD another six blocks?

Shiro:

Yep, it works 

Perfect :D Thanks Shiro :D

night jasmine:

Again, I still think this is overly complicated.. I don't understand why you have to complete a certain amount of titles per block.. it should just be the amount of titles in you complete in total

To make sure I have it right... I'm just gonna make it simple and do Lotus, round 1: 9 Blocks = 27 titles

That's THREE titles for each separate "block", so NINE different blocks with a total of 27 complete titles

..right now I have three "blocks" on my sigh up post and I'm suppose to ADD another six blocks?

I sent you a DM because my reply got quite long. :) 

JulyMoon:

Totally agree. The rules say, you need 4 additional titles in round 2 but Block 26 states 6 titles count as two blocks which is confusing. 

Eh sorry, but what tiger badge? 

I meant the bracken the tiger was last years ;) 

I understand that it can be confusing, however it is not stated that 6 titles count as two blocks among the leap flowers for those who want more... 

The first round is supposed to be simple 3 titles per block, different levels, 26 blocks to complete, and since the last block has 7 choices you get to chose use it as two blocks if you complete 6 titles. 

It is once people want more and go for the leap flowers that it gets a bit complicated, but maybe this can help: 

The challenge: Basic, choose 3 titles per block, if you watch 6 titles it counts as 2 blocks (can only be done in the last block that has 7 prompts)- 

Leap flowers: 

Butterflies: the challenge is round 1, so they start at round 2 each round has an additional difficulty. 

Badges: each badge has its own explanation

Now I am off to check where I got the numbers wrong. 

Edit:  the numbers have been updated so should be correct now. 

MDL Watch Challenge 2024:
I understand that it can be confusing, however it is not stated that 6 titles count as two blocks among the leap flowers for those who want more... 

I didn't mean that. In block 26 itself is stated that 6 titles count as 2 blocks. There's no more info in which occasions it counts. So I assumed it could count as an exception of the 3/5 or 4/5 titles per round. 

So if someone fills all 7 prompts in block 26, watches 3 titles of it in round 1 and the other 4 in round 2, it qualifies as 2 blocks (1 block for round 1 and 1 block for round 2) and the bracken badge, right? 

Thanks for checking the numbers and your hard work. :)

night jasmine:

Yes, you only have to complete 3 titles per block for it to count, and yes you need to add another 6 blocks to reach the lotus. 

You are free to complete all 5 in each block if you wish to do so but you will still need to complete 3 titles 9 separate blocks to reach the level Lotus. 

The reason we chose to give people a choice of 3 out of 5 is not to overly complicate it but to help people who wish to avoid certain prompts to still feel like they can complete the basic challenge. 

JulyMoon:

I didn't mean that. In block 26 itself is stated that 6 titles count as 2 blocks. There's no more info in which occasions it counts. So I assumed it could count as an exception of the 3/5 or 4/5 titles per round. 

So if someone fills all 7 prompts in block 26, watches 3 titles of it in round 1 and the other 4 in round 2, it qualifies as 2 blocks (1 block for round 1 and 1 block for round 2) and the bracken badge, right? 

Thanks for checking the numbers and your hard work. :)

If there are 7 titles in block 26 then it counts as 2 blocks within round one and two, but nce you reach round three it can only count as one block for that round. 

Also good point about the sign up sheet, we should have added a note about the rounds, but we did not want to confuse people  to much within the sign- up sheet... Shows you never can be to clear... 

MDL Watch Challenge 2024:
The reason we chose to give people a choice of 3 out of 5 is not to overly complicate it but to help people who wish to avoid certain prompts to still feel like they can complete the basic challenge. 

Yes that's fine, but in that case why not just make it so that participants just have to complete a certain number of titles, regardless of the blocks.. I'd just be simpler imo 

night jasmine:

Yes that's fine, but in that case why not just make it so that participants just have to complete a certain number of titles, regardless of the blocks.. I'd just be simpler imo 

But then someone could just watch 100 titles for one prompt and that would be boring. No one is forced to participate in the challenge? If you don't like it that way, just don't do it. :D there are also other challenges that might fit more your taste, if you don't want to have prompts. :D 

xMoonBlossom:
No one is forced to participate in the challenge? If you don't like it that way, just don't do it. :D

wow that's kinda rude.. I was just confused & trying to give feedback for challenges in the future

xMoonBlossom:
But then someone could just watch 100 titles for one prompt and that would be boring.

Also that's not what I meant, but it wouldn't be so bad if participants were allowed to do that? 

idc im gonna make it simple for myself this time... maybe the next challenge I'll get a little more into the complexities of the annual challenge  

night jasmine:

wow that's kinda mean.. I was just confused & trying to give feedback for challenges in the future

Also that's not what I meant, but it wouldn't be so bad if participants were allowed to do that? 

idc im gonna make it simple for myself this time... maybe the next challenge I'll get a little more into the complexities of the annual challenge  

Well, you complained multiple times about how "unnecessarily" complicated the challenge is and how it should be, I think that's a tad disrespectful for the people who worked on the challenge and thought everything through. It wasn't my intention to be mean, but if you complain over and over again, I just think "well, don't do it?" ? Because why do you do something that you find so annoyingly overcomplicated? Not to mention, that the team is very nice and explain things over and over again till people understood everything. 

The challenge is how it is and that's nice. No, it wouldn't be bad, if we could just count the title numbers, but I think that's not how this challenge works and what this challenge wants to be. It's simply not that kind of challenge. Your feedback came off pretty nagging, btw. ^^'

There are other challenges out there, which might fit your taste better, if you just want to watch a lot of titles without having such detailed prompts. :) 

xMoonBlossom:
Well, you complained multiple times about how "unnecessarily" complicated the challenge is and how it should be, I think that's a tad disrespectful for the people who worked on the challenge and thought everything through.

Ok I just reread my questions/comments. And I still don't think I was "complaining"... I was confused! If it came off as complaining, then idk, but there is definitely a clear difference here. I wasn't being rude at all, I just needed some clarification & wanted to give some feedback regarding the challenge. Of course I understand that they think through this elaborate challenge to make it interesting for users. I am just one of those users who prefers something more simple. SO, my overall feedback is: yh! I totally don't mind if it's more elaborate of a challenge overall, I just would like an option for something more simple. That's all.

night jasmine:

Ok I just reread my questions/comments. And I still don't think I was "complaining"... I was confused! If it came off as complaining, then idk, but there is definitely a clear difference here. I wasn't being rude at all, I just needed some clarification & wanted to give some feedback regarding the challenge. Of course I understand that they think through this elaborate challenge to make it interesting for users. I am just one of those users who prefers something more simple. SO, my overall feedback is: yh! I totally don't mind if it's more elaborate of a challenge overall, I just would like an option for something more simple. That's all. 

Hey, so I’m not part of the staff for the challenge or anything, but I just want to add my two cents. On my end, I understand you as I also was confused by the challenge until I saw others posting their entries, and reading a bunch of clarifications on this FAQ thread.

But also, personally a more simple challenge of “choose any prompt you want and  reach a certain number of watched titles” is less appealing to me (I just love the process of deciding which blocks and prompts I will complete).  So all in all I prefer the block system much more, but I’m sure some MDL users  opted out form participating when they didn’t understand the challenge.

It’s just very tricky to appeal to everyone :/, hopefully you can still  have fun with it. 

night jasmine:

Actually there is one possible way of doing this for this year's challenge.

The Evergreen leap flower. You can watch any 10 titles out of 25 from Winter or any 10  in Spring, Summer, Autumn or Out of Season, etc. 

And just to get the minimum completed level, complete any 2 blocks - 6 titles, and submit the form. That way you get to do it your way as well as the standard way.

Only thing is that still requires a total of 50 titles. And I am not sure if lawnmower blocks count as 1 title or 5 for this. Like I have 2 lawnmower blocks in Autumn. I am unsure if they add up to either 2 or 10 titles.