xMoonBlossom:

for watering plants, does flowers count too or only plants? ^^'

Flowers are plants, so yes. Watering flowers counts.

Hi all,  I have a question for "Title that has 3 or more remakes/adaptations". Can I use titles with remakes outside of MDL?

For example, Always (2011) only has 2 remakes in MDL but it has 3 other remakes outside of MDL (https://mydramalist.com/discussions/always/119401-remakes-just-for-info).

In this case, can I use any of the MDL remakes for the prompt?

A title that references another title - does the referenced title has to be an MDL country?

Flex X Cop has been referencing Marvel movies. The last episode I saw, they made a poster with the title Guardians of the G... (forgot the name) which is similar to Guardians of the Galaxy. Does this count or it has to be the exact title and not a play off the name of it? I could look back to see their other posters at the end of each episode.

ColourMePurple:

A title that references another title - does the referenced title has to be an MDL country?

Flex X Cop has been referencing Marvel movies. The last episode I saw, they made a poster with the title Guardians of the G... (forgot the name) which is similar to Guardians of the Galaxy. Does this count or it has to be the exact title and not a play off the name of it? I could look back to see their other posters at the end of each episode.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/122183-mdl-s-2024-challenge-faq?pid=2956229&page=17#p2956229 This was answered here. :)

Do i need to make the 6th prompt for the Leap Flower "Leap Year" myself? I am so uncreative, when it comes to things like this T_T So if its okay, and someone has a 6th prompt for me..i would be really thankful. :D

xMoonBlossom:

Do i need to make the 6th prompt for the Leap Flower "Leap Year" myself? I am so uncreative, when it comes to things like this T_T So if its okay, and someone has a 6th prompt for me..i would be really thankful. :D

Do you know in what block you’ll be doing the leap year? To propose prompts that fit the block if possible.

Jigeumbuteo:

Do you know in what block you’ll be doing the leap year? To propose prompts that fit the block if possible.

Oh, I'm open to everything. I would prefer no sensitive topics like the block where you have to watch tags like bullying or discrimination, but aside from this I'm pretty flexible. :)

xMoonBlossom:

Oh, I'm open to everything. I would prefer no sensitive topics like the block where you have to watch tags like bullying or discrimination, but aside from this I'm pretty flexible. :)

Got it. Well, here are some suggestions, if nothing else comes to you :)

• Watch a title with 6 or more words in its name. (Credit: MyAnimeList 2024 watch challenge). 
  • Watch a title that has a character’s name in the title (Example. Strong woman Do Bong Soon).  (Credit: Reddit r/Kdrama 2024 challenge). 
  • Watch a title where a main character gives or is given a piggyback ride. (Credit: from previous MDL watch challenge, perhaps 2022 or 2023).
  • Watch a title from the Horror genre. (It’s the main genre that is missing in the two blocks that are about genres).
  • Watch a title that has a scene happen inside a bookstore / library.
  • Watch a title that has a scene happen inside a karaoke or noraebang.
 Jigeumbuteo:

Got it. Well, here are some suggestions, if nothing else comes to you :)

• Watch a title with 6 or more words in its name. (Credit: MyAnimeList 2024 watch challenge). 
  • Watch a title that has a character’s name in the title (Example. Strong woman Do Bong Soon).  (Credit: Reddit r/Kdrama 2024 challenge). 
  • Watch a title where a main character gives or is given a piggyback ride. (Credit: from previous MDL watch challenge, perhaps 2022 or 2023).
  • Watch a title from the Horror genre. (It’s the main genre that is missing in the two blocks that are about genres).
  • Watch a title that has a scene happen inside a bookstore / library.
  • Watch a title that has a scene happen inside a karaoke or noraebang.

Thank you!!

ZhouYanRan:

Hi! I've got another question :)

May a group of cultivators in a xianxia drama be considered colleagues (block 16)? I mean, they do work together toward the same goal (enhancing their inner power and fighting all evil), does that count? Fighting with evil (demons, monsters etc.) is kind of their job.

Sorry for the delay. We got caught in a bit of a divide. The verdict: make your defense in the notes box if you try to use it.

Mia:

Hi all,  I have a question for "Title that has 3 or more remakes/adaptations". Can I use titles with remakes outside of MDL?

For example, Always (2011) only has 2 remakes in MDL but it has 3 other remakes outside of MDL (https://mydramalist.com/discussions/always/119401-remakes-just-for-info).

In this case, can I use any of the MDL remakes for the prompt?

For this prompt, since you only need to watch 1 of the remakes/adaptations, as long as the one you watch is on MDL, it counts. (But do identify what the other remakes are since they wouldnt be linked on the MDL page)

AthenaTheStorierX:

Sorry for the delay. We got caught in a bit of a divide. The verdict: make your defense in the notes box if you try to use it. 

do we have to explain for every title in the notes why we used it? i changed my layout recently and got rid of the notes box.. T_T i will add it again, if needed...:D i just assumed, with the amount of people participating in the challenge, no one would go through every show and check links, time stamps etc and because i liked the layout without the note box better, i just deleted it, oops.

AthenaTheStorierX:

For this prompt, since you only need to watch 1 of the remakes/adaptations, as long as the one you watch is on MDL, it counts. (But do identify what the other remakes are since they wouldnt be linked on the MDL page) 

That  sounds fair. Thanks!

I got another question actually, sorry if it's repetitive, but I haven't found the answer anywhere:

To get the Floral Fan badge, do we have to watch all 5 prompts in a block (with matching actor/writer/director), even when we’re only going on the first round?

Thanks in advance  :) ?

AthenaTheStorierX:

Okay, no problem; I'll write a whole paragraph if I have to :)

Since I love to torture you with difficult questions (just kidding :D) I have another one:

would a horticulturist count as a botanist (block 12)? I know they are two different things, but they're also close related, so I just wanted to ask how flexible is this prompt. Thank you for your patience and for all the answers :)

So, I asked this question in the comments of the MDL challenge custom lists but apparently nobody is checking up on those! I wanted to know if the flower boys can be any of the thai bl characters, ukes like Uea from Bed Friend for example who fits the definition you gave perfectly?