MDL Watch Challenge 2024:
2. you need to complete the whole block, it will count as 2 blocks 

just want to get sure - does the shows from the previous round count too? so i watched 3 shows already, do i keep counting and my next show would be 4, or do i start over when i want to finish 6/6 and again for 7/7?

ColourMePurple:

Got it! :)

For the prompt 22: 2 Spot someone hiding behind a tree or bush - can this be an imaginary scene or a dream sequence as long as the scene exists in the title?

Can a secret affair count as a Secret Relationship?

Yes and Yes.

xMoonBlossom:

just want to get sure - does the shows from the previous round count too? so i watched 3 shows already, do i keep counting and my next show would be 4, or do i start over when i want to finish 6/6 and again for 7/7?

I'm not sure if I understand your question/the context around the question?

The Countries block is one of the blocks of the challenge, so it gets done each round.

If you want to distinguish between doing the required 3 countries in the first round, vs doing 4 (2nd round), 5 (3rd round), etc. Just label it as such in your form. For example:

Country 1
1) xyz
2) xyz
Country 2
1) xyz
2) xyz
Country 3
1) xyz
2) xyz
Country 4
---
2) xyz

Does that answer your question?

For Rosaceae does I need to watch all title this year?

Example: 

I have already watched boys over flowers FOUR remakes.

( If answer is yes. Then I don't mind rewatching. I have already re-watched korean version many times. And I can watch other version by skipping.

And if answer is no. Then I just need to watch only one title.)

leafless7:

For Rosaceae does I need to watch all title this year?

Example: 

I have already watched boys over flowers FOUR remakes.

( If answer is yes. Then I don't mind rewatching. I have already re-watched korean version many times. And I can watch other version by skipping.

And if answer is no. Then I just need to watch only one title.)

Yes, all titles used to fulfill prompts need to be watched/rewatched this year.

AthenaTheStorierX:

I'm not sure if I understand your question/the context around the question?

The Countries block is one of the blocks of the challenge, so it gets done each round.

If you want to distinguish between doing the required 3 countries in the first round, vs doing 4 (2nd round), 5 (3rd round), etc. Just label it as such in your form. For example:

Country 1
1) xyz
2) xyz
Country 2
1) xyz
2) xyz
Country 3
1) xyz
2) xyz
Country 4
---
2) xyz

Does that answer your question?

I'm not quite sure, if I understood it. ? I watched 3 titles already, so round 1 is finished. If I want to finish 6/6 for the second round, do I need to watch 6 additional titles? And for the next round 7 additional titles? Or do I just need to watch 7 titles in total, what would be 4 more for me now, since I watched 3 titles already. Hope this question is better put into words. ?

xMoonBlossom:

I'm not quite sure, if I understood it. ? I watched 3 titles already, so round 1 is finished. If I want to finish 6/6 for the second round, do I need to watch 6 additional titles? And for the next round 7 additional titles? Or do I just need to watch 7 titles in total, what would be 4 more for me now, since I watched 3 titles already. Hope this question is better put into words. ?

Similar Question and the answer we gave:

How many titles do I have to watch in Round 2, is it enough to watch one additional title or do I have to watch 4 additional titles per block.

Answer:

You have to watch 4 additional titles per block.

xMoonBlossom:
I'm not quite sure, if I understood it. ? I watched 3 titles already, so round 1 is finished. If I want to finish 6/6 for the second round, do I need to watch 6 additional titles?

I asked a similar question and here's my post (https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/122183-mdl-s-2024-challenge-faq?pid=2927727&page=6#p2927727), if you scroll a bit down from there you will also see the answer. 

For round 1 you need to watch 3 titles per block to complete the round. 

For round 2 you need to watch additional 4 blocks (that means you have to re-do some prompts) 

Let's say you aim for Round 2 Lotus, then you need to watch 3 titles per block in round 1 (26x3 = 78 titles) + (9x4 = 36 titles). 

If you go for round 3 you will need to watch additional 5 titles per block. 

JulyMoon:

I asked a similar question and here's my post (https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/122183-mdl-s-2024-challenge-faq?pid=2927727&page=6#p2927727), if you scroll a bit down from there you will also see the answer. 

For round 1 you need to watch 3 titles per block to complete the round. 

For round 2 you need to watch additional 4 blocks (that means you have to re-do some prompts) 

Let's say you aim for Round 2 Lotus, then you need to watch 3 titles per block in round 1 (26x3 = 78 titles) + (9x4 = 36 titles). 

If you go for round 3 you will need to watch additional 5 titles per block. 

Thank you! Although I understood it already, I appreciate your effort to explain it to me again! :) sometimes it's just so hard to understand things for me when my questions are not directly answered. Like, my brain just don't understand it. ?? But I don't get the Lotus for round 2, since on the main post it says 35 blocks/114 titles.  Ah, wait. It's 3 titles per block plus 9 blocks with 4 additional titles? 

xMoonBlossom:
Thank you! Although I understood it already, I appreciate your effort to explain it to me again! :) sometimes it's just so hard to understand things for me when my questions are not directly answered. Like, my brain just don't understand it. ?? But I don't get the Lotus for round 2, since on the main post it says 35 blocks/114 titles.  Ah, wait. It's 3 titles per block plus 9 blocks with 4 additional titles? 

No problem. This took me a bit to understand as well. :) 

Yes, exactly. You need to watch 3 titles for 26 blocks in Round 1. Now if you decide to go for Lotus Round 2, you need a total of 35 blocks, so when you completed 26 blocks in round 1, you need 9 more blocks for round 2 (each with 4 titles to watch). Of course you can go for any other flower. Sampaguita would only need 2 more blocks in round 2. Chrysanthemum needs 4 additional blocks and so on. 

JulyMoon:

No problem. This took me a bit to understand as well. :) 

Yes, exactly. You need to watch 3 titles for 26 blocks in Round 1. Now if you decide to go for Lotus Round 2, you need a total of 35 blocks, so when you completed 26 blocks in round 1, you need 9 more blocks for round 2 (each with 4 titles to watch). Of course you can go for any other flower. Sampaguita would only need 2 more blocks in round 2. Chrysanthemum needs 4 additional blocks and so on. 

I actually plan on finishing it completely! I organized my list yesterday for like 8 hours.. ?

AthenaTheStorierX:

Yes and Yes.

Perfect!

Regarding secret garden - can a garden of a house count as a secret garden since people who don't live there can't access it? In the variety show - Exchange 3, participants come to live in a villa with a private garden that can't be viewed from the outside. In the first episode they all take a tour of the house and discover the garden. 

I was also wondering if "Behind the Scenes" tag works for this show as the ex-couples have to hide who their exes are from other couples then over the course of the episodes airing, they reveal who are the ex-couples one by one by showing the initial meeting. Plus they have interviews with contestants and the PDs so can this be considered a BTS reveal as the participants themselves aren't privy to the information regarding who are the ex-couples or why they broke up but it is being revealed to the audience? Or is the tag only meant for dramas with BTS of the shooting?

ColourMePurple:
Regarding secret garden - can a garden of a house count as a secret garden since people who don't live there can't access it? In the variety show - Exchange 3, participants come to live in a villa with a private garden that can't be viewed from the outside. In the first episode they all take a tour of the house and discover the garden. 

This goes back to the previous question about a palace garden. Just because a garden is private, privately-owned, or exclusive, does not necessarily make it a secret garden. If you are going for a literal garden, a secret garden must be actively hidden away. If this garden is hidden away, even from within the property, then yes, it counts.

ColourMePurple:
I was also wondering if "Behind the Scenes" tag works for this show as the ex-couples have to hide who their exes are from other couples then over the course of the episodes airing, they reveal who are the ex-couples one by one by showing the initial meeting. Plus they have interviews with contestants and the PDs so can this be considered a BTS reveal as the participants themselves aren't privy to the information regarding who are the ex-couples or why they broke up but it is being revealed to the audience? Or is the tag only meant for dramas with BTS of the shooting?

As this is a tag prompt, I default to the tag description: "The movie/show contains behind the scenes footage."

Hi! I've got another question :)

May a group of cultivators in a xianxia drama be considered colleagues (block 16)? I mean, they do work together toward the same goal (enhancing their inner power and fighting all evil), does that count? Fighting with evil (demons, monsters etc.) is kind of their job.

for watering plants, does flowers count too or only plants? ^^'