Since the plot started falling apart from ep.23 onwards, I rewrote my own version of what happens between ep.23-28. Hope you guys enjoy!

Yunji tells LYF that in order to cure his heart poison, he needs to stay away from CZ. LYF confesses to CZ and tells her about the heart poison. He gives her the hairpin and asks her to wait for him at Yu Chen Mountain. [[Yes, they actually communicate well.]] They separate for a few months. During that time, people start talking about Yunji and LYF's marriage, and how it's helpful for the clan. CZ tries to go ask her shifu for a clarification, but she gets stopped by Ting Xue who says she cannot see him because that would just make his heart poison worse. CZ goes back to Yu Chen Mountain and thinks to herself, "Shifu does not only belong to me. I shouldn't be so selfish." [[Everyone loves a MATURE FL.]]

LYF finds out CZ tried to visit him, so he goes to see her at night. He clarifies to her that he is not getting married to Yunji and that she shouldn't listen to what others say. They kiss each other goodbye. LYF DOES NOT erase her memories. He is better than that. [[Misunderstanding is introduced and resolved in a single episode. *Slow clap*]]

The demons kill Yunji and frame CZ for murder. LYF lets Zhuo Hao know that CZ is the same CZ from the past, and asks him to take it easy on CZ when carrying out the punishment. When Min Yunzhong attempts to execute CZ, Zhuo Hao comes to stop him and says he should be the one carrying out the execution, since he is from Qing Hua. He gives some minor injuries to CZ and lets her go. His father condemns him for not killing CZ to avenge Yunji and tries to kill CZ. LYF blocks the kill and suggests to lock CZ into the ice chamber for 3 years. They all agree to the deal. LYF is so devastated by not being able to protect CZ that his illness worsens and no antidote will work on him anymore. The heart poison completely merges with his obsession.

Qin Ke, Zhuo Hao and LYF would often go visit CZ in the ice chamber. They encourage her and tell her she's gonna be out of there in no time. LYF tries to master the Mirror Heart Spell in the time being, but 3 years pass and he is still not done. By the third year, Meng Ji the demon woman disguises as Ting Xue to visit CZ. She breaks the spell that's concealing CZ's evil aura. [[The lousy necklace does not exist here.]] The next day, Yue Qiao talks to Si Ma Miao Yuan and says he would like to marry CZ after she gets released. They exchange evil glances. Si Ma Miao Yuan hangs CZ up and starts torturing her. Yue Qiao pretends to come to the rescue but actually wants to harass her. CZ's evil aura breaks loose and kills both Yue Qiao and Si Ma Miao Yuan. The guards outside find out she is the old CZ and tries to kill her, but Yan Zhen Zhu and Wang Yue come to the rescue. They tell her the immortal clan is not going to accept her knowing who she really is. Yan Zhen Zhu gives her back her memories of her past life and dies from protecting her.

Wang Yue brings CZ the demon sword and asks her to take the sword to fulfill her destiny. She hesitates knowing this is not what her shifu would want. LYF, Min Yunzhong and the others rush to the scene. Min Yunzhong says he notified all the sects about her existence and she will be chased after by the entire world once she leaves this place. LYF says they cannot kill her and asks CZ to come back to him. Flashback to CZ's death scene in her first life. She remembers that no matter what she does, they will never believe her, and she will have the same outcome as Wan Jie. She asks LYF why he had to resurrect her and make her go through all this pain again. LYF cannot answer, because he knows it is because of his own selfishness. CZ says it is now too late for her to turn back. She does not want to put her shifu in a difficult situation, so she takes the sword and leaves with Wang Yue.

At this point CZ is forced into becoming a demon by circumstances and does not carry enough hatred for her shifu. Some other plot devices need to be added later on to give them reasons to fight each other. I will update this post when the time comes.

This is great and more enjoyable than what we got in the drama!!

This is so much better, props to you Amy.  

wowwww, i dream is to be a director and ill def hire u as my script writer!!!

and than the behind part is chongzi trying to make the demon world "better"

This is so much better than what the "professional" script-writers served up. The fact that there is barely anything in there that would go against the censorship rules, just shows that this is mainly used as an excuse for sloppy writing. Whenever there is censorship, creativity to express things in another way flourishes... I don't see why this would be any different in China, it's just that these script-writers are lacking said creativity.

Deirdre19:

This is so much better than what the "professional" script-writers served up. The fact that there is barely anything in there that would go against the censorship rules, just shows that this is mainly used as an excuse for sloppy writing. Whenever there is censorship, creativity to express things in another way flourishes... I don't see why this would be any different in China, it's just that these script-writers are lacking said creativity.

That's a good point. There are lots of ways to express an idea. For example, in the drama One And Only, the leads also have a teacher-disciple relationship, and they never had any kiss scenes or intimate contact throughout the entire series, but their chemistry was oozing out of the screen. The relationship was strongly felt by the audience. That drama proved that skinship is not a requirement for good romance. It's the way scenes are filmed, character micro expressions, dialogue, the subtle acts they do that make the difference.

This is so goood. If only you were also part of the scriptwriting :(((